• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will this PVP/PVM ninja build work?

Castle

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I want to build a ninja, most likely with these skills (I'm playing a Stygian Abyss shard, by the way):

Anatomy
Fencing
Hiding
Ninjitsu
Poisoning
Stealth
Tactics

What values should I put into my stats and what final stat values should I be aiming for? It seems like I'll have a need for high int, dex, and str, so I can't really decide. I plan to use potions for healing. I want to play this as an assassin who gets in, deals a load of damage, and gets out. Will this build work for PVP and PVM?

Last edited:

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Its viable for pvp...not so much pvm as u'd really need more options for healing. But for pvp u can couple EP with eaters on ur suit (pots for a quick refill and eaters once ur hidden to slowly regain back the health - add in HPR if needed as well to help with regaining health). The biggest downside to having fencing (as far as pvp is concerned) is the necessity to be next to your opponent to deal damage. I personally prefer archery for my stealthers just because I don't have to be right next to someone to dismount them when team fighting. The days of solo killing someone with a dismounter appear to be over. 1 in 100 do I get the chance to kill someone without someone else being right next to them. and 1 in 1000 does that person not have ninjitsu to just wolf form away.

As far as stats...I would probly run 125/100/35 (if u eat up all points needed to have 260 - if not, take from int - and be an elf for the +20 mana). Try to get dex to 125, int to 70+ and any other room to str/hpi. Fencing is fast class and u don't have healing so 150 dex isn't really needed.

For stat values I'd probly run something to the affect of 120 anat, tac, fencing, stealth, 110 ninja, 100 hiding, 80 poison (would be 770 - so either legendary ring/brac combo that supplement skills or drop 50 points to get 720). If you had archery you could get the VvV HH for +20 archery ;) (just saying).

The main reason for an archer is (once you dismount your opponent) they have a couple seconds before they can remount or wolf away. if you're fencing then you have to hope you catch up to them running to deal another hit (barring they're running until they can wolf or remount). With archery you pick any random spot where you're in range, and after dismounted you're both on foot, the downside to them is you dealed massive damage with a heavy xbow and now are using moving shot as you're chasing them, effectively destroying their bandages and killing them or if they're only pots they used them after the xbow hit and are now vulnerable for roughly 5 secs. I have 3 archers - 1 is an archer/fencer. So I'm a little biased but for good reason. Hope this helps!

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You can actually do a lot more in pvm than you might think. Mirror images and dog form will keep you alive in some pretty hairy situations. You're not gonna solo bosses, but you can still see plenty of pvm action.

As far as stats go, fencing actually makes your life a little easier because the weapons are so fast. You can swing a war fork (which is probably the slowest weapon you'll use in pvp) at cap with 90stam and 20 ssi. So you don't need max dex and can put some of those points into str.

Edit: as a starter temp, you could do something like:
Anatomy 90
Fencing 120
Hiding 100
Ninja 120
Poison 80
Stealth 120
Tactics 90

I'm sure someone with a little more ninja pvp experience could tweak that and make it better, but it's a good place to start.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
As to PvM you can do good damage only when you have a lesser slayer or double slayer. I don't think you are going to take a set of slayer weapons with you so your ability to PvM will be pretty limited.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
With only having pots as the primary source for healing...would be difficult to stay alive for long during any actual bosses. even with 50 ep ur still looking at a cooldown between pots where you'd be getting bashed with no bandage in the works (eaters and hpr on the suit may make up for some of that if eaters are maxed and hpr is high). Not to re-harp on an archer...but most bosses don't pull players into them when attacking, so an archer is safe to pop arrows off without the immediate need to heal constantly. So for group fights (obviously you're not soloing with either build) you can throw on a slayer and do good AI damage and not have to change around the build of the char or suit and be versatile in pvm. I just see a lot of issues with only having pots as the main healing method.

And I agree with the dog form and mirror images, but dog form means no specials until u transform out, so get ur hp's back up quick and transform back. mirror images are good as well to mitigate damage, but again why stand next to something that's going to stomp you in 4-5 hits and you only have pots...? A sampire designed to take/deal damage standing next to (for all intensive purposes) a pvp fencer. Doesn't seem like a decent or even close comparison.

But who knows...try it in test and see if you can mitigate the damage enough while still dealing damage.