• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will this ever be fixed!? Error!!

J

Jena

Okay, this is REALLY becoming annoying. Everytime EAL is down and it comes back up, I go to sign in and I get this!!

I AM a paying customer and this is very frustrating that I can't even get in to play. This happens constantly and I thought it was an issue that was supposed to be fix not to long ago. Are there any ways to work around this, besides not playing anymore? I have fun there, but all the issues and glitches are not so fun to deal with anymore. *sighs*

S

SimpleSim

Im getting the same thing and Ive been a paying customer for almost 5 years. Its very frustrating when all my friends are getting in no problem and Im stuck in the other cities bored beyond belief.

S

ShelleyDew

OMG !!!!! Why can`t I get into town !!!! I`m a founder & I`m treated like this !!!!
We need an answer as to why we`re getting this !!!!

D

Diva1981

I've been hit by this bug recently as well. It's been happening for almost 24 hours now.

G

They keep saying it's a bug there working on. Try after next maintance

G

I am haveing the same message and can not play at all it says im not a paying customer and i am been playing and paying since dec 02... help plz

D

Diva1981

Really hope it gets fixed after next maintenance. Todays maint did nothing to help me, so I'll give it til tomorrows.

S

ShelleyDew

This is beyond ridiculous !!! Here I am still w/out any accesss to our new fair city!! We can`t even get a response from those in charge of the game !!! Why is that ?? I`m recommending that perhaps we get a little bank roll of some sort since WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS!!!! The ones that can`t get into town should have a little surprise when this place merges,for the hassle of this nightmare!!!! Yesterday we were told of double skilling time but according to my watch it seemed to last only 30-40 minutes!!!! My friend Jena even canceled one of her simmies in another town for me to play & it still didn`t work. Please be helpful & respond!!!!

G

Are you going through TSOClient or TSOPatch? In short, are you going through the patch, where it gives you the TC3, TC3 test-, EALand, The Sims Online or straight to Sim Select/City Select

S

ShelleyDew

Ok.....why does it take a fellow simmie helping in order for me to get into the game !!! I`d like to thank Jena for all her wonderful support in helping me rejoin EALand!!! U r a true friend for helpin` out a fellow simmie.
*HUGZ*

D

Diva1981

what did you do to be able to get in?? I'm just using the regular old windows mode shortcut in my startup menu. Should I be doing something else?! I'm on tso, not ea land.

S

ShelleyDew

ok me again!!! I neglected to mention in my props to Jena that she was even kind enough to let me use her second acct to try to sign in & it didn`t work!!! What kinda madness is this !!!!! Thanx again Jena!!
ShelleyDew

G

Get the Ea Land DL and use the Patch shortcut, not the Client.
Then go to the Tech forum and read the shortcut threads.

There are many, many changes to the game - most of them technical, and you need to be aware of what's going on.

N

NightFlyer

TTL

I thought they got this bug fixed.

Greg stated this was fixed as of the 30 Jan update.

Apparently not as I got it this morning after maintenance.

Is EA even aware that some of thier paying customers are still experiencing this?

Any ETA on when we can expect a real fix if so?

edited to add: supposed fix date

N

NightFlyer

"Did you report it on Bug Reports on the Wiki?

Or did you start /respond in a thread on this problem in Technical Advise forum forum?

Those are the two avenues for informing the Dev team that there is a problem."

I don't use Wiki and yes, I did respond to the Tech Advice forum.

S

ShelleyDew

I emailed Parizad in my panic & asked about the issue. I was told that it`s a bug that they`re workin` on.

J

JAB

I'm having the same problem on both of my accounts, and tried on my boyfriends account and got the same message too.

O

OryiahsSecret

I think it was mentioned above, but I did find a way around this problem. Make sure you are entering the game by choosing "ealand" instead of "The Sims Online" when logging in after you click the ealand icon. This is how I have been able to get in every time with no troubles.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I have this bug too....
And iv been paying & playing since Dec 2002....

G

Don't run EAland through the Client, go through the TSOPatch. That will solve your problems.

G

<blockquote><hr>

"Did you report it on Bug Reports on the Wiki?

Or did you start /respond in a thread on this problem in Technical Advise forum forum?

Those are the two avenues for informing the Dev team that there is a problem."

I don't use Wiki and yes, I did respond to the Tech Advice forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Night, I was resistant to Wiki at first, but this is the only bug board we have now.....so we've got to do it. There's a really simplified 'how-to' page that seemed easy enough for even the most technically challenged to master, and from what I gather you are fairly computer literate, so am betting you could get it in no time flat

G

So it seems like for those still affected by the bug that the best way to squash it is to uninstall the current TSO we have and download the new EA Land client, is that correct?

For those that are proned to disconnect sometimes during downloads, or are on dial-up, here's a tip in advance......when I was on dialup my ISP cut off every 3 hours, like clockwork....which really pissed me off any time, but REALLY pissed me off if I was in the middle of a big download, cuz I'd have to start over again. So I found a free download manager now that I still use, even though I'm on DSL finally. Free Download Manager again, this is a *totally* free program, not shareware and not free for so many hours/days then you have to pay. This program allows me to start and stop any download at will, and then pick it back up by clicking another button on the menu when I want to start it back up. Dave messed up and corrupted his copy of the download that the free shard players of UO had to have back when we were on dialup, and this thing saved our lives....we'd reset our connection before we went to bed, let it download for 3 hours and then shut down when the connection shut down, and then when we woke up the next morning we started it back up and it worked perfectly, not making us restart the download. by that night, it was downloaded......it might be my mind but it really seemed like it downloaded faster than a straight download without the download manager would have, also. You'll have to try it on your systems to tell me if you think I'm right or not though, it could have just been wishful thinking.

J

JayLe

Ok I'm to the point I dont know what to do. I have tried everything y'all said and nothing is working. Please somebody let me know what to do or what I'm doing worng

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

Ok I'm to the point I dont know what to do. I have tried everything y'all said and nothing is working. Please somebody let me know what to do or what I'm doing worng

[/ QUOTE ]

Jayle??

From AV? o.o

Cook's Landing?

Oh and it should work if you play in the normal TSO and now TSOClient.

J

JayLe

Yeah It's me Jay from Cooks Landing.... MonkeyButt is that you

Ok back to the point,,,, Here is the link I'm useing to run Sims tell me if it is the right one "C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" cos if it is I'm still getting the same error!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok back to the point,,,, Here is the link I'm useing to run Sims tell me if it is the right one "C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" cos if it is I'm still getting the same error!!

[/ QUOTE ]
You need the EA Land DL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
You need the EA Land DL.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope you don't have to download that EAL DL from the website, and I think we've stated over a hundred times in this thread, okay not really,haha, not to use the TSOClient. People try reading the replies to this thread and maybe you will find the answer to your problems.

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep it is me

and that's the wrong 1 it's

"C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOPatch\TSO.exe

I

imported_Shirl1211

I'm playing in client and guess what, I got it again today. I have 5 accounts and it's getting to be BS. We know it's a bug but it's a big bug that needs to be resolved ASAP. Another thing is getting stuck leaving your own property to go into space and it staying like that until another maintenance, so I guess my store is closed for the day "Gone Fishin'". I am seriously trying to tolerate all the bugs that we deal with daily but then the Bullet Train comes, I verify several times that I have opted to move but apparently I was on a different train with a return ticket back to BF AV and CC. The botten line is "I want to play TSO too!"

C

charmintp00

<blockquote><hr>

I think it was mentioned above, but I did find a way around this problem. Make sure you are entering the game by choosing "ealand" instead of "The Sims Online" when logging in after you click the ealand icon. This is how I have been able to get in every time with no troubles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok this may be a dumb question but how do you choose ealand instead of tso? I don't have an ealand icon.

G

Have you downloaded the new EA Land install? If not please do so. You can get to the install at www.thesimsonline.com just go through the free trial button to get to the install link. Its very fast unless your on dialup.

C

charmintp00

Oh and also, I get the message whether i use client OR patch.

C

charmintp00

<blockquote><hr>

Have you downloaded the new EA Land install? If not please do so. You can get to the install at www.thesimsonline.com just go through the free trial button to get to the install link. Its very fast unless your on dialup.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i'll try it thank you, do i have to uninstall tso first?

B

brendagfrie

No you don't have to uninstall TSO first...i didn't...i waited a few days to uninstall it after i did the download too, just to be sure.

G

Here's a new one... my oldest account logged into EA Land today... I did NOT get the message about EA Land only being for subscribers. Sooooo, everything's hunky-dory, right? So, my sim floats about the air, waiting patiently for the creative property to have an opening... there it is, 29, jump!! I click.... nothing happens... did someone get in before me? Nope. I get a pop-up saying that as non-paying subscriber, I could only enter residence lots.

Soooo, is this the new draw to get ppl to play for free? They can only play in residence lots? That will certainly entice free subscribers to start paying. LOL

I

imported_Gracie Nito

First step is to let them enter residence lots. Next step is to let them shop in stores. Of course they won't be able to make money playing game, they'll have to use ATMs

G

<blockquote><hr>

Here's a new one... my oldest account logged into EA Land today... I did NOT get the message about EA Land only being for subscribers. Sooooo, everything's hunky-dory, right? So, my sim floats about the air, waiting patiently for the creative property to have an opening... there it is, 29, jump!! I click.... nothing happens... did someone get in before me? Nope. I get a pop-up saying that as non-paying subscriber, I could only enter residence lots.

Soooo, is this the new draw to get ppl to play for free? They can only play in residence lots? That will certainly entice free subscribers to start paying. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
This happened to me for the first time today. What I did was, I entered my own lot first. After that, everything was ok.
Just a work around until they get it fixed.

G

FIXED!

If you are still experiencing this bug, please let us know.