• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will the wait be worth it?....(non train customer(s)???

N

nobuttkisser

Ok, I don't know about many of you but I have deliverately left all of my sims (both accounts) in their original legacy cities in TSO... That means, when the cities begin to be "woven/merged" into a large melting pot. Now granted I won't have any simoleans (and thats all good), I have my sim for each property in each of the cities and all of the objects that was left on my property.

With that said yes I will be putting ads for comitted roomates unless at least until you get ways to make some HONEST EA $Lbuxx.

So the question is: Were you paitent enough to say wait til the merge take place my sims,property, and objects will be in game ready to play soon enough? or were you like those impaiten ones who "jump ship" hopped on the next train traveling "east" and are now complaing. whats your choice and why?

-- Be kind to wone anothe --

G

the wait will be worth it due to the costs of land. Low pays mean that building costs will be felt more than before. When i created in ealand and started building i was shocked when i had to stop about 3/4 of the way through because i dropped a large amount of my money on a floor lol. so yeah i think i will be pleased when my fully stocked large lot makes it over here.

G

With us, it wasn't impatience, but worry over the possibility of losing our sims and their stuff that made us choose the "train". It was the comment about Betaville sims possibly being moved without their lots, objects, etc., that finally convinced us to board the train just before the cities shut down. For all we know, it could come down to the main cities having to be done that way, or even lose those sims. We left sims on other accounts holding our houses in all three cities.

G

If you have a fully built up size 8 lot on a expensive location, the wait will be worth up to 100$, as build cost + expensive location will be worth about 100k, equalling about 100$.

So in general the wait will equal about 50 dollar. If you find that worth the wait, it's worth the wait

G

Production cities and Betaville are apples and oranges....there is no comparison in coding between the two, and anything that is said about BV, is unlikely to apply to the rest.

I was not worried about the merge of production cities....Betaville, in my case, could totally disappear and it would not matter, since there is no more free will for those sims, and that was their total reason for existing.

I decided back when TC3 opened to start another account, because the properties (production cities) of my 1st account sims is too important to me, to lose. The experience of the new cities only reinforced that decision.

The way I look at it, Sims can be physically recreated for free....stuff means little, I have few rares, and the amnesty is reproducing the ones I do have.....but heavily landscaped and creatively detailed properties are not as easily replaced in the new game.