• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will the new bot measures allow payouts to go back up?

G

Watching all the post in both stratics and the blog, I have not seen anyone mention anything about the level of payouts and what effect the new bot measures may have on them.
I think we all understand the basic concept behind the 3k pool and 500 weekly contribution from EA.
If we spend our earnings on certain things as we earn it, the pool will be replenished.
If we don’t the pool restricts our earning capabilities severely.
The main aim behind it is stop bot like behaviour, meaning stopping us all from being able to accumulate massive piles of in game currency that we would be able to cash out for real money. That goes for both using botting programs or just sitting at your computer with several accounts with the aim of just making money.
Fair enough to, if it is done with a few more refinements.

If they implement this it should allow for payouts to go way back up.
There will no longer be any reason for the low payouts we have been experiencing in recent times.
Payouts have been lowered the way they were to restrict us from accumulating large in game bank accounts.
If we are no longer able to build our accounts through the use of the pool there should be no reason why the payouts should remain so low.

There also needs to be a means of allowing us to save towards goals.
Many items such as properties are well above the 3k limit so if we try to save or work towards something that costs say 10k, then the 500 weekly contribution becomes severely restricting.
It would take 15 weeks to save that amount which in my opinion is far to long.

I think a possible answer to that problem is to allow us to contribute amounts to a savings pool.
This savings pool can only be used to purchase items in the game and cannot be used to cash out. It may also need to be not tradable to other sims.
When we contribute to the savings pool that amount could then be added back to the 3k restriction pool allowing us to earn more money without restrictions.
If we transfer money back out of our savings pool to our normal currency total, that amount will be deducted back from our restriction pool, effecting our earning capabilities again.
Adding this will allow the anti botting measures to do what it is meant to, while still allowing us to save for higher priced items.

I also think that a system needs to be addressed to enable items purchased from stores to count towards our pools. These items need to be able to be purchased from our savings pools.

P

poppet

It wouldnt matter if the payouts went up, because once you reach your cap your finished until the next 500 is added to your pool. All it would mean is you will reach your cap faster and have longer to sit around and do nothing

G

<blockquote><hr>

It wouldnt matter if the payouts went up, because once you reach your cap your finished until the next 500 is added to your pool. All it would mean is you will reach your cap faster and have longer to sit around and do nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if a savings pool was implemented to.

P

poppet

Whose to say if i saved up 110k to purchase furniture for my new house and at the same time created a sim that owns a store and made all the purchases from him at outrageous prices. that way i could transfer my money to a sim by buying a cheap star or something.

P

poppet

It just irks me, i have been on just a little over an hour now, 1 shift at the factory and some jams and im at 1500 simoleans now. during the day i make money, in the evenings i skill and chat. it wont take me long to reach a 3000 cap and even less time to make the additional 500 each week.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Whose to say if i saved up 110k to purchase furniture for my new house and at the same time created a sim that owns a store and made all the purchases from him at outrageous prices. that way i could transfer my money to a sim by buying a cheap star or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the moment you can't purchase from a store and have it go towards your pool, although I feel sure something could be done to enable that to happen with some sort of restrictions on it to stop you from exploiting it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It just irks me, i have been on just a little over an hour now, 1 shift at the factory and some jams and im at 1500 simoleans now. during the day i make money, in the evenings i skill and chat. it wont take me long to reach a 3000 cap and even less time to make the additional 500 each week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me I understand, and I can see them continuing with the system.
What I am trying to do is find a way they can have their restrictions, but still let us be able to work towards something.

P

poppet

I don't think they care what is best for the players, just what is best for them. They seem unwilling to compromise

P

poppet

What they need to do is introduce items that are temporary but costly and worth the cost, like instant green potions, or super skill potions, and more buyable special items. they also need to make items eventually wear out and collapse

J

JRock

<blockquote><hr>

Watching all the post in both stratics and the blog, I have not seen anyone mention anything about the level of payouts and what effect the new bot measures may have on them.
I think we all understand the basic concept behind the 3k pool and 500 weekly contribution from EA.
If we spend our earnings on certain things as we earn it, the pool will be replenished.
The main aim behind it is stop bot like behaviour, meaning stopping us all from being able to accumulate massive piles of in game currency that we would be able to cash out for real money. That goes for both using botting programs or just sitting at your computer with several accounts with the aim of just making money.

There will no longer be any reason for the low payouts we have been experiencing in recent times.
Payouts have been lowered the way they were to restrict us from accumulating large in game bank accounts.
If we are no longer able to build our accounts through the use of the pool there should be no reason why the payouts should remain so low.

Many items such as properties are well above the 3k limit so if we try to save or work towards something that costs say 10k, then the 500 weekly contribution becomes severely restricting.

I think a possible answer to that problem is to allow us to contribute amounts to a savings pool.
This savings pool can only be used to purchase items in the game and cannot be used to cash out. It may also need to be not tradable to other sims.
When we contribute to the savings pool that amount could then be added back to the 3k restriction pool allowing us to earn more money without restrictions.
If we transfer money back out of our savings pool to our normal currency total, that amount will be deducted back from our restriction pool, effecting our earning capabilities again.
Adding this will allow the anti botting measures to do what it is meant to, while still allowing us to save for higher priced items.

I also think that a system needs to be addressed to enable items purchased from stores to count towards our pools. These items need to be able to be purchased from our savings pools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they can implement some sort of banking system where we could save our money ( or whatever name they institute) and state the reasons or our goals for saving the money.

G

I don't believe this would work because of a few reasons. #1. My reasons would change more often than I change my underwear. "Today I want to buy land. Tomorrow I want to buy a Pony!" It isn't realistic to think that people know what they want or need for the future today. #2. What's to say people don't start abusing this also? "I want to buy a lot and make it a lot 8." Right there you are setting it up to save multiple thousdands of dollars. Well, you get that money... and you change it to something more expensive.

And then there's the question of if you saved up for item X... got the money... then didn't buy it. Does the money disappear? Or can you change your mind?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't believe this would work because of a few reasons. #1. My reasons would change more often than I change my underwear. "Today I want to buy land. Tomorrow I want to buy a Pony!" It isn't realistic to think that people know what they want or need for the future today. #2. What's to say people don't start abusing this also? "I want to buy a lot and make it a lot 8." Right there you are setting it up to save multiple thousdands of dollars. Well, you get that money... and you change it to something more expensive.

And then there's the question of if you saved up for item X... got the money... then didn't buy it. Does the money disappear? Or can you change your mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to add to Duncan's list:

#3. Saving to buy Item X, then turning around and selling Item X..... and still getting the money to cash-out, with out the restrictions.

Ultimately, anything worth having, is going to be worth selling....and probably for a profit.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry you missunderstood what I meant about saving for a particular item worth say 10k.
The idea is to just have a savings pool, once you have how ever much in that pool you can spend it on what ever you want.
The main thing is that pool cannot be cashed out for real money which allows us to keep making money from money objects or jobs.

G

I agree that is things would need to be worked out, I also think it has a real chance of working.
Saving for item x was never the plan, saving and being able to use the savings to buy what ever item x you wanted is what I am talking about.
There are ways around the second thing you mention, 1 being that if a savings pool is used to purchase an item, then those funds can only go in the sellers savings pool.
As I said it would need some refinement, but if we look at objections to it and think of ways around those objections we may be able to come up with something that will work for all of us.

I am trying to be creative here, and possibly get the rest of you to look at things the same way.
I am sick of watching things appear in this game that I can see real problems with and just complaining.
Lets for once instead of just finding faults in something and posting how we feel about them and what they will do.
Lets also think of ways we may be able to work around them.
Sure this may not work. It may end up so complex and needing so much work to implement that it is not worth it.
But what is the alternative to trying to find something that will.
We end up with the system they have introduced as is.
Leaving it imposable to save for anything and able to make very little game money for our efforts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking...with the cap situation, low payouts are actually an advantage, because if payouts were what they were a month ago, a player could reach that cap even without going to a sim job within 2-3 days of doing single money objects or group money objects, so there'd be no reason to log in for the rest of the week. The way it is now, it takes longer to reach the goal and therefore gives players more of an incentive to log in. If players can only log in 2-3 days a week, they are going to see their $10 a month as less wisely spent, aren't they?

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Greg said in Town Hall last week that Payouts will rise slightly. So, we will have to sit back and see.

G

So what your suggesting is the option to set a portion of your earnings to be used in game only. This would set the cap on amounts that can be cashed out. OK I like this concept, I think.

Thinking out loud here...

If the cap on cashable balance was set to say $5 or half of the monthy payment we could essetially make as much as we want otherwise but it would only be spendable in game.

Lets say I save 100k and use that money to make custom content. I sell it all and now I have 150k. I should be able to sell my 50k back to EA because my profit comes from bringing new goods into the world and its not due to jobs/money objects.

I think this has possibilities.

edit: Heck I would be happy if they made cash out for CC only. No reason we should expect to cash out for money earned in game anyway.

I

imported_TraciRK

From what I have read on ATM's they limit the amount of money you can cash in each week, so why don't they do the same with the amount you can cash out each week or month and be done with it

G

<blockquote><hr>

So what your suggesting is the option to set a portion of your earnings to be used in game only. This would set the cap on amounts that can be cashed out. OK I like this concept, I think.

Thinking out loud here...

If the cap on cashable balance was set to say $5 or half of the monthy payment we could essetially make as much as we want otherwise but it would only be spendable in game.

Lets say I save 100k and use that money to make custom content. I sell it all and now I have 150k. I should be able to sell my 50k back to EA because my profit comes from bringing new goods into the world and its not due to jobs/money objects.

I think this has possibilities.

edit: Heck I would be happy if they made cash out for CC only. No reason we should expect to cash out for money earned in game anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Niki, I can always rely on you to read my posts thoroughly and put enough thought into what I have said to understand what I am on about.
Others seem to breeze through the 1st couple of lines, jump to the wrong conclusion and post replies that show they have no idea of what I am talking about.

I

imported_TraciRK

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you Niki, I can always rely on you to read my posts thoroughly and put enough thought into what I have said to understand what I am on about.
Others seem to breeze through the 1st couple of lines, jump to the wrong conclusion and post replies that show they have no idea of what I am talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry when you said:
<font color="red"> </font> Lets for once instead of just finding faults in something and posting how we feel about them and what they will do.

<font color="black"> </font> I assumed you meant we were all to offer suggestions. Didn't realize you were just wanting comments on your suggestions. To me if you limit amount of cash in/out per account per month, you could raise everything back to where it was and that would be it. See read all the way down to there and even to the end.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking...with the cap situation, low payouts are actually an advantage, because if payouts were what they were a month ago, a player could reach that cap even without going to a sim job within 2-3 days of doing single money objects or group money objects, so there'd be no reason to log in for the rest of the week. The way it is now, it takes longer to reach the goal and therefore gives players more of an incentive to log in. If players can only log in 2-3 days a week, they are going to see their $10 a month as less wisely spent, aren't they?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the best way to have people understand this is to give an example of how it will work.
Instead of 1 balance showing where it is now in the bottom left corner of our screens if this was used we would show 2.

The 1st being a balance we can use to buy items in game only, lets call that "Gamecash"
The second being a balance we are able to use to cash out, lets call that Ecash.

The pool they have made for anti bot like measures remains the same and works on the second balance, "Ecash"

When I am doing jobs or money objects the money goes to the Ecash total and is still restricted by the 3k pool.
When I reach the limit of my pool and payouts get reduced I then have the choice to transfer funds from Ecash to Gamecash.
What ever I transfer is added back to my 3k anti bot pool so I am now able to earn decent payouts again.
I do the same again and continue to build my Gamecash total.
At the finish of the day I would have a decent amount in my Gamecash total and very little in my Ecash total.
As the Gamecash total is what is used to buy and sell items such as property and store items, I would be able to now play the game the way we have all been a custom to.
I would have been able to spend the entire day adding to a total that I am able to use in game, without having to have gone into any payout restrictions.
As the Gamecash is not transferable back to Ecash and cannot be cashed out, EA has no fear of loosing profit from what I have made.
Cash in and the 500 weekly contribution is allocated to the Ecash balance.
Also CC makers can choose to sell their products through Gamecash or Ecash, giving them the ability to make rl cash from their work.
Anything purchased using Gamecash can only add to the sellers Gamecash total, so buying and selling items cannot be used as an exploit for real money.

If you think about this seriously and think through any problems you might see you will see that this has real possibilities of solving many problems.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry when you said:
<font color="red"> </font> Lets for once instead of just finding faults in something and posting how we feel about them and what they will do.

<font color="black"> </font> I assumed you meant we were all to offer suggestions. Didn't realize you were just wanting comments on your suggestions. To me if you limit amount of cash in/out per account per month, you could raise everything back to where it was and that would be it. See read all the way down to there and even to the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually wasn't referring to your comment, or anyone in particular for that matter. Your comment was perfectly valid and does show you had put thought into what I had said.
Just simply having restrictions on what a player can cashout, if you mean everyone can only cash out a certain equivalent amount.
Means that an entrapanour type person looking to add loads of real "new" content to the game, would be severely restricted in what they can get in return.
As the main aim of the cash out feature is to have outside developers add content to the game I don't think that alone is the answer.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the best way to have people understand this is to give an example of how it will work.
Instead of 1 balance showing where it is now in the bottom left corner of our screens if this was used we would show 2.

The 1st being a balance we can use to buy items in game only, lets call that "Gamecash"
The second being a balance we are able to use to cash out, lets call that Ecash.

The pool they have made for anti bot like measures remains the same and works on the second balance, "Ecash"

When I am doing jobs or money objects the money goes to the Ecash total and is still restricted by the 3k pool.
When I reach the limit of my pool and payouts get reduced I then have the choice to transfer funds from Ecash to Gamecash.
What ever I transfer is added back to my 3k anti bot pool so I am now able to earn decent payouts again.
At the finish of the day I would have a decent amount in my Gamecash total and very little in my Ecash total.
As the Gamecash total is what is used to buy and sell items such as property and store items, I would be able to now play the game the way we have all been a custom to.
I would have been able to spend the entire day adding to a total that I am able to use in game, without having to have gone into any payout restrictions.
As the Gamecash is not transferable back to Ecash and cannot be cashed out, EA has no fear of loosing profit from what I have made.
Also CC makers can choose to sell their products through Gamecash or Ecash, giving them the ability to make rl cash from their work.
Anything purchased using Gamecash can only add to the sellers Gamecash total, so buying and selling items cannot be used as an exploit for real money.

If you think about this seriously and think through any problems you might see you will see that this has real possibilities of solving many problems.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or.............................
They could just drop the stupid cap....

Or at the very least, set it at a level that makes sense.

What we DON'T need is more complication.

G

Is there any reason we really need cashout in the first place? As long as simoleans have their way of making it back to EA I don't see what good cash out is doing anyone except botters. If we have to have it, why don't we just have some sort of cap on how much someone can cashout instead of how much someone can earn?

If a sim buys an item to put in a store, they put simoleans back into EA. If said sim were to put CC in their store, this would also send money back to EA because they have to pay to upload. When a sim buys said items from the store, the owner makes more profit which eventually goes back into EA. I don't see why we need outside cash brought into that cycle.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Or.............................
They could just drop the stupid cap....

Or at the very least, set it at a level that makes sense.

What we DON'T need is more complication.

[/ QUOTE ]

They won't drop the stupid cap, or even bring it to a level that would seem to make sense.
This is their way of making sure no one will be able to make money from doing in game money activities and cashing out for real money gains.
And still allowing outside developers to have a way of making money for their efforts.
They are sacrificing much of the game to make way for cash out and in turn making the game very much an ATM game.
I am just trying to show them they can have both.

G

So what do we do, sit and wait for them to bring the so called anti bot like messures into EAL, with very little if any changes. Because that's what is coming.

Edited to add.

And where is it so complicated, except for occasionally having to transfer funds from one balance to the other, playing the game would remain pretty much the same as it's always been?

G

<blockquote><hr>

So what do we do, sit and wait for them to bring the so called anti bot like messures into EAL, with very little if any changes. Because that's what is coming.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL!
Do you really think we have a choice?

They have hitched their wagon to this particular star, and are going to ride it out as long as possible.
They have obviously been working and planning this "cap" for a long time - they have been monitoring since EALand opened, and *that* means they laid the plans long before.
They are not about to make a major, strategic, change to their plan, especially not after only a week of it's introduction.
The best we can hope for is to influence their thinking as it applies to 'tweaking' the system.
We do that by letting them know how current settings affect everyday play.
And hope they listen.

G

TTL

I don’t think a bank account will work but maybe a “Lay away” or a “mortgage” program could work. *shrugs* I guess you could land in the “bank” plot pick the item you want from the list and every dollar you would make would go towards the item auto removed form your account. You would pick your plot of land you wanted and do the same thing.

But if they did that then you would also have to agree that you could not trade or sell the plot/item back to EA or anyone else if you delete the item from the game or move out of the plot the money and the item would be lost for ever. That way the money will not leave the game ever. And you would have to click on the “ok” button to accept these terms. *shrugs again* I guess that’s one way to do it with no loss to EA, then while you are working up to this plot/item you will be able to gain money at the current rate in EA Land (52$).

P.S I don’t see why they couldn’t add a little up and down arrow next to the time and you could save up form 1-10 of said item, that way you don’t have to go back after every purchase.

I

imported_TraciRK

<blockquote><hr>

I actually wasn't referring to your comment, or anyone in particular for that matter. Your comment was perfectly valid and does show you had put thought into what I had said.
Just simply having restrictions on what a player can cashout, if you mean everyone can only cash out a certain equivalent amount.
Means that an entrapanour type person looking to add loads of real "new" content to the game, would be severely restricted in what they can get in return.
As the main aim of the cash out feature is to have outside developers add content to the game I don't think that alone is the answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry didn't mean to get so ill so used to getting jumped on in these forums lately. I make cc but to me it isn't actually "new" as far as interacting with it. I am also a cc junky and buy tons from so many talented people but to gear the program to benefit a certain group and hurt the rest just doesn't seem right to me. Everyone should have the same limitations regardless of how they decide to play the game. All I know about the money is I am working as much as possible to support my cc and shopping habits and also be able to save for when the cap comes.

Seems they are going out of their way to make it as confusing as possible, guess we will see what is to come when cc becomes more interactive. Thank you for responding.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously didn't read some of the replies any better than you *think* other people read your posts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You obviously didn't read some of the replies any better than you *think* other people read your posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was your earlier post.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If you yourself had read my post thoroughly you would have understood as Niki did that a player would be able to login as much as they wanted. Able to earn max payouts towards building a total that could be used in the game only.
They would also be able to do that as long as they wanted 24/7.
You continue to ride my posts with snide remarks and replies that are incorrect to what I have said. And in fact have gone further saying I have said things that I have not.
If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it, and if you do and feel you have to comment, make sure you understand what I have said before you reply.

Edited to add,
As for the time it would take for players to reach their cap if things go ahead the way they are planned.
Even with payouts the way they are now a player doing single money objects would reach their cap in 6 hours.
If payouts were back to what they were a couple of months ago, they would reach their cap in 2 to 3 hours, not 2 to 3 days.
Also if a player did not do anything to add to their pool, the following week that player would reach their cap in less than an hour.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If you yourself had read my post thoroughly you would have understood as Niki did that a player would be able to login as much as they wanted. Able to earn max payouts towards building a total that could be used in the game only.
You continue to ride my posts with snide remarks and replies that are incorrect to what I have said. And in fact have gone further saying I have said things that I have not.
If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it, and if you do and feel you have to comment, make sure you understand what I have said before you reply.

Edited to add,
As for the time it would take for players to reach their cap if things go ahead the way they are planned.
Even with payouts the way they are now a player doing single money objects would reach their cap in 6 hours.
If payouts were back to what they were a couple of months ago, they would reach their cap in 2 to 3 hours, not 2 to 3 days.
Also if a player did not do anything to add to their pool, the following week that player would reach their cap in less than an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe some people *do* understand what you're trying to say but just have an opposing or differing opinion and are willing to state why they feel the way they do?

And if you thanking Nikki for being the "only one to take the time to read your posts before replying" wasn't being snide, and therefore you saying anybody else is snide is just the pot calling the kettle black, then I guess we have very different definitions of the word *shrugs*

You say if I don't like what you have to say don't read it? Well, same goes for you.....if you don't like reading what other people have to say in response to your posts, then either don't read the replies or don't post the ideas if you're not prepared to deal with replies that aren't 100% in agreement.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Edited to add,

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe some people *do* understand what you're trying to say but just have an opposing or differing opinion and are willing to state why they feel the way they do?

And if you thanking Nikki for being the "only one to take the time to read your posts before replying" wasn't being snide, and therefore you saying anybody else is snide is just the pot calling the kettle black, then I guess we have very different definitions of the word *shrugs*

You say if I don't like what you have to say don't read it? Well, same goes for you.....if you don't like reading what other people have to say in response to your posts, then either don't read the replies or don't post the ideas if you're not prepared to deal with replies that aren't 100% in agreement.

[/ QUOTE ]

For starters I did not thank Niki for being the "only one”. That is you making things sound much worse than they are. The wording I used was I could always rely on her to read my posts thoroughly. Where as some others, "only breeze through the 1st couple of lines. Nowhere near saying “everybody” like you imply, and then comment without understanding what I am talking about.
Your comments in your post were not just giving a difference of opinion to what I said.
Your comments were to say it wouldn’t work as higher payouts would only increase the speed that people would reach their caps, and would not be worth login back in as they would not be able to earn any decent returns after that.
If you had read through my post you will have seen that the idea was to allow people to keep earning decent returns for as long as they wanted. But you didn’t, the only thing you had seen is the part about payouts going back up again. And that is what you based your comments or opinion on. Normally I would let something like this go past and for quite some time I let it go with you, but you seem to want to do this to almost every post I make. You continually follow my posts with your opinion based on nothing like what I have said. You often go further and imply I have said things that I have not, as you have in your post above.

I

imported_TraciRK

OK approaching this with fresh eyes this morning and I think I am understanding a little better. But again I am for making it simple, I programmed for a company in the US and I always tried to think of the people using the system as computer illiterate to make it as usable as possilbe for a large group.

So building on your idea, if they do make the cc where it actually changes the dynamic of the object to where you can make an interactive object, why not have an account just for this. Basically 3 accounts, 1 for cap (the amount they would allow you to cash out a month/week), 1 for cap spill over (that you can not cash out) like a savings account, 1 for those who create and the profits from cc sales would go into this (again with a cashout limit comparable to how much you upload that month a percentage). But instead of having to transfer monies, when you get ready to buy something, fill fridge, tip etcc.. a pop up would have you pick which account to take it from maybe showing how much the action would reduce your cap. If it is something that would reduce your cap, you pay from there if not then the spill over account.

I see what you are saying if someone makes an object and it can be put in a house as a money object or a fun object, something other than just content viewer when you click on it, those people should be able to benefit from it as a type of independent contractor would. I am just trying to figure out how to keep it simple. Most would only have the 2 accounts, so this would only be for the uploaders. Of course talking about something in a forum can sound more confusing than actually when it is in the game so it may not be as confusing as it sounds LOL.

Good Morning!
Traci

G

<blockquote><hr>

OK approaching this with fresh eyes this morning and I think I am understanding a little better. But again I am for making it simple, I programmed for a company in the US and I always tried to think of the people using the system as computer illiterate to make it as usable as possilbe for a large group.

So building on your idea, if they do make the cc where it actually changes the dynamic of the object to where you can make an interactive object, why not have an account just for this. Basically 3 accounts, 1 for cap (the amount they would allow you to cash out a month/week), 1 for cap spill over (that you can not cash out) like a savings account, 1 for those who create and the profits from cc sales would go into this (again with a cashout limit comparable to how much you upload that month a percentage). But instead of having to transfer monies, when you get ready to buy something, fill fridge, tip etcc.. a pop up would have you pick which account to take it from maybe showing how much the action would reduce your cap. If it is something that would reduce your cap, you pay from there if not then the spill over account.

I see what you are saying if someone makes an object and it can be put in a house as a money object or a fun object, something other than just content viewer when you click on it, those people should be able to benefit from it as a type of independent contractor would. I am just trying to figure out how to keep it simple. Most would only have the 2 accounts, so this would only be for the uploaders. Of course talking about something in a forum can sound more confusing than actually when it is in the game so it may not be as confusing as it sounds LOL.

Good Morning!
Traci

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly what you mean as to how posts may seem to make some ideas sound as they would be difficult to use, when actually when used in the game would be rather simple.
I am sure there are several ways this could be done and finding the best way to make it as simple as possible to use in game, may take quite a bit of effort just to explain let alone develop.
The thing that I have tried to get people to think about in this thread is exactly what you can see.
If we can separate the currency used to cash in and cash out, and also buy and sell custom content if the creator wishes to make rl profit. If we can separate that from the currency used when we make money from jobs and money objects, that is then used to buy the standard items in the game and is not cashable. Then we are able to have payouts from those jobs and objects with more realistic earning capabilities that will allow us to play the game much the same as we are used to.
I can see that you have realised what I have.
Although this seems complicated reading about it in a post. When you apply it to how it would be used in the game it would be rather simple and easy to understand.
Thank you for your feedback and ideas, your support has inspired me to see if I can nut this whole thing out, give a detailed description of how it can work and present it to the devs.