• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will gm or above in stealth cut down on my chances of being revealed?

• Thread starter Marcus Blackwell
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Marcus Blackwell

Im currently running a stealth tamer whose hiding is gmd and stealth is at 80. Most of the time I dont get revealed when hunting but Id say 10% to 15% of the time I do especially when working in the Citadel to get the red keys. Will upping my stealth to gm or above decrease the chances of me being revealed any?

M

Malkes

I'm probably wrong about this but:

Higher levels of Hiding/Stealth will help reduce the chance of being actively revealed.

It will not, seemingly, reduce the chance of being passively revealed.

If anyone has better info, even if it contradicts my claim, please share it.

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are some notes from Publish 43, which is the last time they were working on hiding and stealth that I know of. These notes originally published by Wilki with a follow up note from Ando.

--------------------

Monster passive detect has been changed as follows:
- The base monster passive detect chance has been reduced.
- If a monster's detect hidden skill is greater than zero, it now has a minimum 2% chance to detect players.
- Players always have at least a 5% chance to remain hidden from a monster.

Player passive detect vs. stealthed players has been changed as follows:
- The base player passive detect chance has been significantly reduced.
- The passive detect range is now a 4 tile radius from the player.
- The range penalty on the chance to passively detect a stealthed player now drops exponentially as range increases. This means that the chance to passively detect another player is much higher if the players are 1 tile apart vs. 4 tiles apart.
- Players who have both the stealing and stealth skills at 100 or higher skill have a higher chance to remain hidden at a distance of 1 tile from another player.

From Ando 10/26/2006 - Same Thread

Hey everyone. Thanks for all the feedback on Stealth. It sounds like many players feel that passive reveal and reveal from area effect spells may still need some more attention. Unfortunately I don't think we have any time left to make any more large modificaitons to Stealth in Pub43, unless a bug is discovered with the current changes.

------------

Hope that helps,
Q

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thank you for posting the link to that this seems to be a frequent question latly maybe we could sticky that some were above or added it to info there

I did not know the part about stealing that explains why I am not having the fail yours like the OP I also use shadow jump if I can not walk around /person/monsters I get to 4 tiles then shadow jump past them!