• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will Faction activity increase with the new publish?

J

Jaster

I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on if faction activity will grow to a point almost to where it was during UOR with the new faction changes.

Do you think many top guilds will do factions?
Do you think outside of sigil corrupting there will be pvp away from the gates?

I am just trying to get some feedback to decide if I should return to the game after about an 8 month break. I did the spawn thing for a while but it got boring and I don't like pvm for pvp ... Did factions my last couple of months on various servers ... GL, Atl, Legends, Siege ... enjoyable but no real reward wasnt much action.

Any feedback would be great from current players that are keeping up with upcoming changes.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Activity already has increased, just in anticipation. I think activity will go through the roof, but it'll mostly be dirt-bag PvP, point farming, and client modding. So whether it'll actually be any fun is another question entirely.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I am not in factions, but I do support the Shadowlords!
I can't wait to see the citys invaded! I just wish Luna would get hit this time.
*Goes to whip up an extra batch of apples, potions, and trap boxes for friends*

Dubar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi jaster : )
my guild and i will be very active come publish

there is already a good bit of town fighting, which i only expect to increase

GL has all 4 factions very active atm, and i see no reason why it wont become even more active when the items become available

some of the faction items are just too good to pass up, and theres always people in every guild who dont rest until they have the best

J

Jaster

Is the town fighting only during sigil corruption or do people hang around bases sometimes and is the pvp just full of stealth archers?

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The stealth archers aren't overly plentiful, as more and more realize how ineffective of a template it is.

For the most part the town fighting only happens during purified sigils, although the occasional skirmish will happen during the off-time. Faction fights can always be had at Yew gate, however.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The stealth archers aren't overly plentiful, as more and more realize how ineffective of a template it is.

For the most part the town fighting only happens during purified sigils, although the occasional skirmish will happen during the off-time. Faction fights can always be had at Yew gate, however.
More town fighting happens when the sigils are live and are trying to be corrupted.

But I think initially the factions will be very active and then they will tail off a few months after the patch.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a new char on origin a few mins ago and TB had only spent 6k silver and I didnt see a factioner anywhere :/

J

Jaster

Yew Gate fighting doesn't really excite me as a factioner ... reds mixed with oranges just to statloss you is pretty lame. Town fights sound fun though. I guess I'll wait to see how active the shards seem when it goes live. GL looks like it has a lot of faction stuff, just wish EA would give people a reason to fight around the faction towns/bases outside of Sigil Guarding/Raiding. Would make the pvp in it more fun, bc you wouldn't have to worry about the outside interference being inside a town ... since your enemy will be orange.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess they're giving a bonus for killing the enemy inside a town.

I don't see this actually convincing people to go to towns to look for a fight, however.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't that what I said?
No. You said
"For the most part the town fighting only happens during purified sigils, although the occasional skirmish will happen during the off-time. Faction fights can always be had at Yew gate, however."

After reading it again I'm seeing you just didn't have the right terminology. Sigils are corrupted and purified at the same time.. So the way you word it is saying the most fighting occurs when the sigils are corrupted when it is in fact the opposite.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For 3 days after corruption, the sigil (on the town post) reads: "This sigil has recently been corrupted and is undergoing purification", or something to that effect. Thus, after the 3 days, the sigil has finished "undergoing" this process, and is thus purified, hence when it turns "green" on the town stone.

*shrugs*

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Speaking of how the sig reads on town monolith...

Are the towns being handed out to factions? I can see SL corrupting 'Glow. When I logged off last night I think I remembered it being in their base. But TB corrupting Trinsic? I spent over 30 minutes this morning looking for Trinny, while it was stealable. I log on a few hours later, and it's corrupted.

Both sigs, if you go to their monolith, read "Not corrupted. In the process of being corrupted" as if it were in a base.

Odd. Does anyone know for a fact that the sigs corrupted in a base and were ran?