• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will enhancing an armor piece take it over resist cap?

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I'm building another suit for my sampire. I plan on the usual mods, but when it comes to the resist values, I'm wondering:

When I enhance with say verite ingots, will the added material bonus take it over the resist caps?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are no resist caps for an individual piece of armor.

And yes, enhancing after imbuing will add to the armor's resist.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The caps are only for purpose of imbuing. What happens from enhancement afterward isn't capped.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Platemail physical resist:
You can imbue it up to 20. when you enhance with valorite you get 25 in the end. But your total resist cap keeps 70 if no refinements were used.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Platemail physical resist:
You can imbue it up to 20. when you enhance with valorite you get 25 in the end. But your total resist cap keeps 70 if no refinements were used.
You can craft it with 15, reforge to 35 then enhance to 40.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesnt reforged resist apply like imbued resist to the base armor value without the exceptional bonus? So the + 20 bonus is added to 5 physical resist? Which gives you 30 in the end after enhancing with valorite?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Doesnt reforged resist apply like imbued resist to the base armor value without the exceptional bonus? So the + 20 bonus is added to 5 physical resist? Which gives you 30 in the end after enhancing with valorite?
No. But it count all point to calculate weight. So if you craft with 15 and reforge to 35 it takes 200 imbuing intensity.
35 - 5 = 30
100*(30/15) = 200

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Each property added through reforging counts as 1 property.

Example-
If you add just HCI 5% then that has 1 property taken up.
If you get LMC 8, Fire and Energy resist bumped, that will take up 3 properties.