• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will Conan Hurt WoW?

• Thread starter Edward The Less
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Will Conan Hurt WoW?

• No! WoW Forever!

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Yes Conan Has What It Takes

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
E

Edward The Less

Reports says Conan: Hyborian Adventures has already sold over a million copies in a few short weeks and reviews are giving it an average of 86.4%.

Many reviewers said they will give higher scores after the normal launch bugs are fixed.

So will Conan give World of Warcraft a run for it's money (In the case of WoW about 16.5 million dollars a month in subscriptions)?

Elm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't believe that the game was developed as a WoW killer or to take subs away from the game.

It's its own game, i happen to enjoy playing both currently and a lot of people on the AoC forums are trying to compare them against each other which is sad to see :(

I think it will carve its own niche spot in the mmo world though.

E

Eldorian

I honestly don't think Blizzard will have too much to worry about when the new expansion comes out.

While I don't see an increased number in subscribers over the next couple years I don't think you'll see a significant decrease in subscribers. There's no "WoW killer" hitting the market anytime soon.

B

Blade_Thugluv

I dont think so. Besides players are known to bounce from game to game and also known to return to older ones they use to play. UO has seen a huge increase in Players that left to play WoW returning. Some players (like myself) even play Multi MMORPG's.

As for "In the case of WoW about 16.5 million dollars a month in subscriptions?"

Doesnt WoW have over 10mil Subscribers? 10Mil+ subscribers x $14.99 a month to play = $149,990,000+ So about 150mil+ a month just off Subscriptions. Oh and for Conan to be a real threat of anytype to wow it will have to make it through its first year of release and have a really good year. Most MMORPG's dont make it and die within the first year.

So Only time will tell but i dont think so.

~Blade

P

Pashta

I agree with all of the above. WoW won't be going down for a long time. When it does, it'll most likely be to another Blizzard game. ;)