• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will Cities be able to start playing as soon as each is merged?

M

mameloot

Thanks for the updates in the merge blogs. They are informative, helpful & reassuring.

But one question that may have an obvious answer :
If each city is being moved one at a time, will that city be able to be played as soon as their merge happens, or does everyone wait until all of them are done?

I'm assuming each city will go live as soon as they're done...
...but we all know what comes from assuming...

So those of us that are stuck in the last couple of cities in the linup will be the last to arrive? Probably weeks (possibly months) later.

Not griping...just preparing myself.

It'll make a difference in how I play my new EA Land sim in the mean time.

Thanks bunches,
mame

I

imported_Qute Pi

I would like to think we could play as soon as it's merged...we'll see if someone who knows the answer...answers.

My question is, when EA Land and TC3 are merged to the east coast server, how will that affect playing during that time? Short period of downtime maybe?

M

mameloot

based on how long it took the BF & AV bullet train to make the journey across the country, I would assume (there's that word again
) that it could be down for a long period to move the whole city.
But who knows...maybe that will be a simpler data transfer - moving the whole game - rather than moving individual sims into the city from a continent away.

We can hope

mame

- "Have fun!"

G

if you shuffle over to E-tso.com (the blog) there is a very long explination on this subject and who what and when it will happen, well more or less. very informative.

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

if you shuffle over to tso-e.com (the blog) there is a very long explination on this subject and who what and when it will happen, well more or less. very informative.

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed

G

GregK

We will run a few tests at the conclusion of each merge. Once they pass, the area will be opened up and the sims from that particular city will be payable. The whole process for a single city should take less than a day.

gk

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

if you shuffle over to E-tso.com (the blog) there is a very long explination on this subject and who what and when it will happen, well more or less. very informative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Already read the blog, but our questions aren't answered on the blog from what I see...

Still curious about downtime when EA Land is switched to east coast.

M

mameloot

<blockquote><hr>

We will run a few tests at the conclusion of each merge. Once they pass, the area will be opened up and the sims from that particular city will be payable. The whole process for a single city should take less than a day.

gk

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Greg,
That's what I figured. I'm hoping that timeline happens, that would be great!
But the pessimist in me prefers to assume the worst...that way when it only takes a week or so - I can be overjoyed

Thanks for all of your work at keeping us in "virtual" happiness

mame

G

GregK

&gt;&gt; Will EA-Land also need to be offline for the merges?

No.