• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will cancelling a trade mission reduce

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will cancelling trade missions reduce the number of items required, for future missions?

I'd built up to having to get four different things. If I cancel a few times, will that reduce back to three, two, one?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good question. Needs a bit of adjusting, I have some chars that have 5 lines of stuff to get, and they get dragon scales when they run em...
the other chars just starting off doing them are getting signs and books.
Seems the reward should be weighted towards what is being carried

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will cancelling trade missions reduce the number of items required, for future missions?

I'd built up to having to get four different things. If I cancel a few times, will that reduce back to three, two, one?
It's been my experience that when I've cancelled a trade mission, or died, I still get the same number of required items on future missions.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally, I think the number of ML Gems or other ML ingredients that can be a reward needs to be revised upwards. At least 180 scales (which is what I get from runs to Jhelom, Vesper or Minoc from Britain a lot of the time) is 3600 library donation points. Less than 10 parasitic plants or luminescent fungi is a slap in the face, and that number of mining gems isn't much better. And, residue, essence or even relic fragments are even worse.

Currently, I'm at 5 item types per delivery, 100-180 items for the reward for the normal "good" rewards, and have 8 different books (no dupes; are there 9 in the set?) and 9 signs (one of which is a duplicate)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can minimise the increase by using the town moongates.
This way you stay at 1 or 2 items a lot longer than normal.
You get less gold for the town (so what right?) but you do get a lot more pinks.
Eventually though yes, you will scale upwards and the only way I've found to drop back down is to not do any town quests for about a week on that char.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe if you just went up a level it will reduce after a week but that has not been my experience. I have never dropped down a level even after not doing them for a month.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Never dropped back a single level. Don't think its possible.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I should have added, I resign from my town loyalty then don't do them for a week. Reset to 1st level after that. ;)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
City trade missions aren't draconian like the fishing quests are. Abandoning one has NO DOWNSIDE.

IMHO, all the rewards need adjusted upwards. Dragon scales need to be dropped entirely. ML resources should be added. The signs should be replaced as well, I think that fad has run its course.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
City trade missions aren't draconian like the fishing quests are. Abandoning one has NO DOWNSIDE.

IMHO, all the rewards need adjusted upwards. Dragon scales need to be dropped entirely. ML resources should be added. The signs should be replaced as well, I think that fad has run its course.
However I'd keep the signs they are still being collected... but most CERTAINLY drop those scales and add ML ingredients... and other stuff.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why worry about going down from 4 items to 3 items? I haven't seen any better rewards at higher levels than I have at lower levels. Take the guild signs, for instance. All the ones I've gotten have been at level 1 and 2. So the higher levels to me seem to be more hassle with no additional benefit.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why worry about going down from 4 items to 3 items? I haven't seen any better rewards at higher levels than I have at lower levels. Take the guild signs, for instance. All the ones I've gotten have been at level 1 and 2. So the higher levels to me seem to be more hassle with no additional benefit.
More gold for the city... but yeah, that's... it.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exactly. at higher levels instead of signs and books you get scales...go figure

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I saw a marked increase in quantity and quality of reward with each level, when getting crafting materials.

Level 1 & 2, I rarely got better than copper ingots/stone, and less than 100.
At level 5, I routinely get Valorite ingots/stone, barbed leather, and Bloodwood/Heartwood/Frostwood, in quantities up to 180 if I go overland/sail (100 if I use a moongate).
And the rare stuff (books and signs) didn't even START dropping for me until the 4th level. (8 books, 9 signs - none at 3rd or lower).
As for scales, I plan on taking them to the library and getting a couple talismans (they add up quick, especially when you also fish, and skin every sea serpent and dragon-kin you kill while hunting).

Things that need tweaking:

1. The Pinks are currently random 0.1 to 1.0 value. The minimum really needs to raise as the level of the order does, to where the pinks from a level 5 should be at minimum 0.5 or 0.6 value.
  2. I'd like to see the ML gems/plants rewards bumped up to the same numbers as the ingots/stone/leather/wood. After all, it is far harder to get them than anything else, and you need obscene amounts of them for Alchemy & other crafting skills (especially with those skills now having BODs).
  3. I can live with scales, because of their Library value - but for the love of Gwenno get rid of the pathetic Residue/Essence/Relic Fragment rewards. The new loot system makes them an insult as a reward.
  4. Something needs to be done regarding the Britain guard zone. Currently, stuff can spawn well inside the Britain GZ, where casters can't summon (and direct damage is not all that useful, from the Ambushers' amped-up HP). Was there a time where the GZ stopped above the (empty on many shards) open field at 22[sup]o[/sup] South, 1[sup]o[/sup] East, and about half-way from the corral and the pass to Skara? Because, that's where the Ambushes start, and the GZ currently extends to the last turn from W to S on the road, just north of the moongate, and (amazingly) over HALF-WAY through the mountain range between Britain & Skara.
  5. Isn't it about time to have Rowboats for sale at places other than the Floating Emporium? Having the ability to buy these, even if still limited to High Seas accounts, would be nice, as you need a boat to cross to Skara (the ferry won't work, as it's coded as a teleport instead of being a real ferry), and one can actually make the jaunt to Jhelom in about a minute with a rowboat from the beach south of Honor, without having to drag a full-size ship around.
  6. Speaking of ships, the Kraken Ambushers are a joke. They can easily 1-hit kill someone aboard a ship before that person can sic a pet on it or cast a spell (and, of course, death ends the contract, and you're stuck with a bunch of junk from the chest). The only defense is to precast invis and leave a pet/summon up, before issuing the movement command (or drink an invis pot), or take a rowboat (where you get land spawn, not sea spawn). Seriously? A kraken that can outlast THREE successive Rising Colossi, sometimes killing them before the expire? And can one-shot any character with a water ball if it attacks before it gets beaten down?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Also, if you are doing them for pinks, consider doing Fel Corgul with a character with knight of justice so you will walk with at least 12 0.5 to 1.0 pinks in less than one hour.
Walked out of there with 20 pinks once.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I saw a marked increase in quantity and quality of reward with each level, when getting crafting materials.

Level 1 & 2, I rarely got better than copper ingots/stone, and less than 100.
At level 5, I routinely get Valorite ingots/stone, barbed leather, and Bloodwood/Heartwood/Frostwood, in quantities up to 180 if I go overland/sail (100 if I use a moongate).
And the rare stuff (books and signs) didn't even START dropping for me until the 4th level. (8 books, 9 signs - none at 3rd or lower).
You might have a point on the quality of the crafting materials; I've never tracked that. The signs I always got at lower levels. Books I didn't track either