• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wiggling pointer grrr

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lately it seems like my "run mouse in a separate thread option" is getting turned off. I have to reset it every time! My mouse pointer is quite uncontrollable when this option is not checked.

any ideas as to why it is getting unchecked all the time and how I can stop it?? This is in the classic client.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok this is still happening. It is driving me crazy having to log on TWICE to fix this! I dont understand why it is all of a sudden getting turned off!

Does anyone know how I can stop the "run mouse on a separate thread" option from getting unchecked??????

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Miri, let me first ask the obvious... you are "logging out" and not just exiting the game? Your setting should save if you are logging out. That said, I have had issues in the past with settings that just "won't stick"... I will think more about this and see if I can come up with any possible causes.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the same trouble with pathfinding, on most of my characters..... it just pops back on and of course I never know about it until I'm in a difficult situation and run right up to the bad guy and let him hit me :D

C

ClydeSonoma

Hi Miri,

I think I experience the same thing you are describing. I used to go to the "run mouse in separate thread" thing, but have found a faster way to get rid of the wiggling pointer.

I don't play in fullscreen. I play windowed mode. When I log in, pointer is wiggling. I shrink window down to taskbar, then bring it back up, and the pointer is good. Hope this works for you.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are some options which, when changed, affect all characters. Turning them on is easy, turning them off is a nightmare. Every time you log in a char that still has the option set it over writes the active uo.cfg file.

I have found the only way to do it is to manually go through the uo.cfg file for every character, and the main one in the program folder, in notepad and change the setting to the way I want it. Missing even one will screw it all up again if you log that character in.