• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Why won't my trees stay alive?

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

A friend who is a Dread Necro asked me to inquire in this most knowledgeable forum. It seems that he is having difficulty growing trees. Perhaps he has a "black thumb" and is beyond help but any advice is appreciated.

Safe Travels, Sam

C

Calla Lily

It's impossible to tell without seeing the plant gump. Does he tend it every day? Perhaps he needs to review the Plant FAQs to see what tending entails (when to water, when to add potions, etc.)

F

Flora Green

Is this post for real? There is no plant gump, no details, no images of dying trees or dead plant remnants. What there IS is a leafless, rubble tree in the pic.

S

Sharantyr

Hehe. This should be a sticky in the 'Court Jester and Village Idiot forum'.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's impossible to tell without seeing the plant gump. Does he tend it every day? Perhaps he needs to review the Plant FAQs to see what tending entails (when to water, when to add potions, etc.)
Well, I can see that some regard this as a joke I can assure you that Fossergrim is very upset by the death of his tree. I appreciate your response.

The seed was a gift from a Lich Lord, and Foss has carried it for centuries, only recently trying to plant it. He tried casting "Animate Undead" on it several times thinking that it might be an undead tree.

Unfortunately, the last time he tended to the tree he he had an axe in his hand... and well... you can see the results. Always be careful when you use the "last object" macro... *sighs*

I guess there is no hope for the tree now?

Safe Travels, Sam

P.S. You have just been Sammed

T

Teeshy

Duct Tape has approximately 10 bajillion uses - pretty sure that with a little patience, and several rolls, Fossergrim would be able to put it back together again!

Then, to address the other problem, I'm not sure what type of tree it is exactly, but check around the yard for squirrels! I believe squirrels can make trees lose their leaves - and I've seen squirrels hiding in small crystalline objects around Sosaria at times, so check carefully!

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...Then, to address the other problem, I'm not sure what type of tree it is exactly, but check around the yard for squirrels! I believe squirrels can make trees lose their leaves - and I've seen squirrels hiding in small crystalline objects around Sosaria at times, so check carefully!
You are a genius! I checked the security cam footage at Lord Raven's house and found this!

That mischevious Puck is behind this all! Hrmph.

Safe Travels, Sam

F

Flora Green

Interesting use of the woven wall tile as windows. I may try that.:)

As for the poor tree, he gave his life that you may stay warm this winter. Look at all the firewood!

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting use of the woven wall tile as windows. I may try that.:) ...
Aye... *grins* at the risk of turning this thread into a discussion of deco... and having it moved into the Homes and Castles Forum under the control of the Nefarious Lady Rachel...

Well, as you can expect... as a Mage, Lord Raven often conducts experiments in his study. That is the room with the vents. Sometimes... well... the experiments, blow up and they don't smell very good when then do that. Hence the openable window shades... for ventilation.

*cringes at the thought of ending up in Lady Rachel's forum*

Safe Travels, Sam

F

Flora Green

Hah hah. I have to say that when I read your post at first I was sleepy and annoyed (bad day). Now I find this a very amusing thread. Thanks for the smile. :) And to keep to the topic, you need to give your tree 2 greater strength potions.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...And to keep to the topic, you need to give your tree 2 greater strength potions.
*When you return home, a courrier is waiting in your beautiful garden, he holds a letter. The envelope is blood red and the seal, black wax imprinted with an "F". You give the courrier a generous tip, and dismiss him as you open the letter...*

Dear Lady Flora Green,

Thank you for your advice. I have not given up and have planted a sapling and will try again to produce a living tree. I only had one keg of Greater Strength, but I shall find another to insure that I have a healthy plant per your advice. The dose was two, correct?

On a personal note, it is difficult for some to understand why the loss of a simple tree affected me so personally. Perhaps, if you knew what it was like to be a Necromancer you might understand. I deal mainly with the dead, or undead and I have no powers of life or healing. All of my powers are dark powers.

Even in day to day life, Necromancers are treatedly differently. Although Nightshade has a pungent odor, and Sulfurous Ash certainly does not have a pleasent smell, Mages have no trouble getting a seat in any tavern. However, when I step up to the bar for a pint of ale, I hear complaints about the smell of Grave Dust and Bat Wings. I often find myself sitting alone in a dark corner of a tavern, watching in envy as the others laugh at jokes and sing songs about love and life!

Oh, and don't even get me started on how I'm treated when I try and visit the Pixies! I heard of the magnificient creatures, and once as a lad, ventured into their lands. I shall not return.

I wanted to nurture that plant and watch it grow. I wanted it to live! I hope you understand that dealing with death and rejection on a daily basis, has caused me to look at the death of this tree... perhaps... as life rejecting me.

I hope that my note of thanks has brightened your day a bit. Oh, and your comments about Sam's writing... I also find that his posts both irritate and exhaust me. He reminds me of a little Horde Minion, running around sqawking.

In closing, I would like to thank you and the other members of the Botany Forum for their concern and assistance in this matter.

*Signed*

Lord Fossergrim