• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why isn't this stealable?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet another item that can't be stolen with 120 stealing skill.

*this item has no value to you*

EXPLANATION PLEASE!!!...la

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) While I agree it probably should be stealable, you have to admit the message you got was truthful. It doesn't have much in the way of value :D

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I can get it for nothing and then sell it for something. I'd say, it does have value...la

R

Ryix (europa)

lol why would that message apply to anything but blessed/noobified items? thats so horrible :/ hopefully an oversight and some dev forgot to untick the "screw thieves with this too?" box when creating the item :p

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First they need to fix it so that after you snoop, if you hide, the targets backpack closes, and yes I've had a thief since 98, but being able to stand there hidden while you get your last target set, and then running up and hitting a macro key, makes you no different than the "crates" that you so highly dislike yourself.

R

Ryix (europa)

First they need to fix it so that after you snoop, if you hide, the targets backpack closes, and yes I've had a thief since 98, but being able to stand there hidden while you get your last target set, and then running up and hitting a macro key, makes you no different than the "crates" that you so highly dislike yourself.
As incredibly usefull as that is and as hard as it would be to steal anything without it. id take that if there was ever anything worthwhile to steal :p

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...makes you no different than the "crates" that you so highly dislike yourself.
You mean guards appear out of nowhere when people steal from Doom? How about the monsters being able to call "GUARDS"? Do the owners of the artifacts come looking for the thief after they've been stolen from?...la

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You mean guards appear out of nowhere when people steal from Doom? How about the monsters being able to call "GUARDS"? Do the owners of the artifacts come looking for the thief after they've been stolen from?...la
Surely though, you see the gimpness though?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Surely though, you see the gimpness though?
So because we can mark a last target and run by steal this is somehow "gimpy"? Sorry, I don't see it. Every class has their macros, including thieves...la

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone has macros :p
Mages, warriors, crafters, GM's, Devs, etc.
The list goes on mate.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was getting *this item has no value to you*while trying to steal plants last week

A

Amathist of PoC

totally off topic but what is with the..........la at the end of every post I have not seen this before what meaning does it have other then looking strange. lol

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hrmm, well in Arabic I know that La means No, spelled with english letters of course.

Or perhaps it just means laugh :p

Mazulat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guildmate got the 'no value' message while trying to steal full bottle of uninsured tok dyes from me in tram brit the other night (Lake Superior). This message item specific or is there a bug that is basically just screwing thieves?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guildmate got the 'no value' message while trying to steal full bottle of uninsured tok dyes from me in tram brit the other night (Lake Superior). This message item specific or is there a bug that is basically just screwing thieves?
Ahh, I remember that disappointing time when I thought I had the chance on an awesome steal. It was the ice-tok dyes. Tok dyes have "no value"??? They have a lot of value, lol. Come on, this is totally screwing thieves!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah, plants are those things that should be kept from us evil thieves, sheesh...la
Upsets me that Blackrock and Tokuno dyes are on that list too....I mean seriously I could care less about Blackrock but Tokuno Dyes? You better believe they have some Value to me.....

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why can't you snoop the Purple llamas yet [blue beetles]