• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why is it so hard to stack things?

Nalif

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty new to UO, but is it just me, or is it insanely hard to stack things? For instance, I have this table I'd like to place a chest on. I must have spent half an hour trying to drop the chest on the table only to have it fall on the ground. Once I got it on the table, I realized that even though the graphic only took up half the table, there was no way to put a second chest on the other half of the table. Am I missing something? At this rate, it's not worth it to even bother trying to put anything on a table.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you using the KR client? In this client, it is very difficult to place things.

Anyway, your problem may also depend on the type of table you use. I only use small tables. It is very easy to place items on top of them, and even stack items on them. However, there are tables that look like they're 2-tile-sized, but they're not (like the Yew table). Try to avoid these.

B

Bara

Yeah, since you're new, you're probably using the Kingdom Reborn client by default.

As hawkeye said, it's rather difficult to place items on top of tables in KR.

What I do, is place the item on the ground before I place the table. I then use the deco tool to raise the item up 5-6 times, then I place the table underneath the item.

It's a bit convoluted, but it works.

T

Teufel_Hund

Yeah, since you're new, you're probably using the Kingdom Reborn client by default.

As hawkeye said, it's rather difficult to place items on top of tables in KR.

What I do, is place the item on the ground before I place the table. I then use the deco tool to raise the item up 5-6 times, then I place the table underneath the item.

It's a bit convoluted, but it works.
Bara is the man! Yes it is sometimes easier to think backwards in this game and always easier to place your top item first and raise it.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you won't be able to get the chests side by side on the table unless you place the second chest in an adjacent tile and raise it up so that it appears to be sitting next to the other one.... a tiny optical illusion :)