• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why is guild tag optional?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's a matter of personal preference and guild rules.

I wouldn't join a guild that enforced tag display, I wouldn't enforce it on my guild and if they changed it so there was no choice, I'd disband my guild!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah i guess i should've specified in fel, when there's a group of oranges you might think aren't together so you target accordingly, you don't really have time to lookup on myuo on the battlefield :p

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mervyn trying to sound like a hardened fel PK again with zero Siege chars and blue tamers on prodo...

Herp!

Journeyman
yeah i guess i should've specified in fel, when there's a group of oranges you might think aren't together so you target accordingly
Group of oranges.... should you even really question whether they are together or not? Generally speaking, in this game, if you see a GROUP of people that are ALL orange to you, they are probably together. Whether they are in the same guild or not.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
anyone selling name change token?
Don't run, face the problems. Changing name won't work for long, people will find out, at least on Siege.

I don't know the case but I do know, when someone end up as first target, they need to ask them self why and then work on heal their reputation.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't run, face the problems. Changing name won't work for long, people will find out, at least on Siege.

I don't know the case but I do know, when someone end up as first target, they need to ask them self why and then work on heal their reputation.

*grins* this is on Europa. And I suspect there is no hope whatsoever of that happening in this case. His reputation is a wee bit like Foul Ole Rons Smell ...

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merv its doesn't matter mate. As soon as we see you on screen your the first target by any guild. So knowing what guild just killed you make little difference.
Mervyn isn't the first target for the reasons he thinks though. He probably hopes its because he's a threat. Reality is its because no one heals him so he's sure thing for a kill.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if they are orange they are enemies regardless. Unless of course they are your friends, in which case a guild tag shouldn't matter. General rule of thumb. If they aren't attacking each other they are 2 things. Grouped up, or suck and need to ally to kill. I'd suggest not targeting solo into a group of 5...just my opinion.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pretty much yes. Nowadays it means guild war or VvV enemy... probably other ways I don't pay attention to as well.
Mobs are Orange if you are in Enemy of One to them.. but that's Mobs not people

Herp!

Journeyman
Mobs are Orange if you are in Enemy of One to them.. but that's Mobs not people
I had thought about adding EoO to the list but yeah... in pvp if you have enemy of one on someone in a group, you're dead anyway from the 100% bonus damage you give everyone else lol. You've also already hit them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had thought about adding EoO to the list but yeah... in pvp if you have enemy of one on someone in a group, you're dead anyway from the 100% bonus damage you give everyone else lol. You've also already hit them.
I don't think you can EoO on a player... Maybe you can but yeah wouldn't be a very good idea... Seriously isn't a good idea anyway at a champ spawn either...

Herp!

Journeyman
Seriously isn't a good idea anyway at a champ spawn either...
At demon spawn for ease of killing the spawn quickly, if I am running a char with chivalry(I tend not to run chiv at all anymore and feel it is a waste of skill points), I will EoO the imps, then the harpies as they are out of the slayer and I'd much rather 1 shot them guaranteed. Same goes for rat spawn, Hell Hounds & Dire Wolves get the EoO for speed reasons. Sadly, Chivalry is completely and utterly worthless on anything other than non slayer peerless bosses. I'd much rather just have the 60-80 points for use in other places and take 5 hits longer to kill a boss with a super slayer or 10 min longer for a non slayer boss. Easy enough to run a wolf slayer for rat and just use a large battle axe for Demon at 1.5s to kill everything throughout in 1 hit, though I still swap back to a double axe for t4 and Semidar.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't think you can EoO on a player... Maybe you can but yeah wouldn't be a very good idea... Seriously isn't a good idea anyway at a champ spawn either...
You can Casting eoo in for pvp. Last 8 Second gives max 16℅ damage increase (modifier)

If this makes sense or Not is another story

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Doesn't help. A couple months ago, I made a char on LS that only a few people knew the name of. After I made a couple comments in overhead/overworld chat at an EM "event", people figured out it was me. Took maybe all of 5 minutes.

It probably would've worked when there were more people playing, I'll admit. But that ship's long since sailed.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doesn't help. A couple months ago, I made a char on LS that only a few people knew the name of. After I made a couple comments in overhead/overworld chat at an EM "event", people figured out it was me. Took maybe all of 5 minutes.

It probably would've worked when there were more people playing, I'll admit. But that ship's long since sailed.
It was your accent.