• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why is Faction Gear such a Problem?

• Thread starter Elmer Fudd
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn, dude... you sucking at PvP really makes you buttsore.

:dunce:

S

Scopulus Falco

i gotta see what other assassin spikes i have before i drop my faciton the only real reason im in evil faction is so i can use my dear assassin spike lol its my favorite..why i hued it evil is beyond me rofl anywho i think i have a decent non hued wep i could use for guild wars if i do ill drop faction and try it out :)
you will have fun even as a thief,I got 4 small hits tonight, NO GUARD WACK , yes i know it was just small grabs but it was fun,and doing a lil healing for my guild on the side.(GUILD NEEDS TO GET IN VENT though lol)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
let's not turn this into a pissing contest.

M

MerchantAtHome

Do you feel better about your self every time you post those silly pics of you standing over someones kill?
Yes, because it's my kill.

:)

I'll be sure to take one of you next time. Alas, I have your loot but no screenie.

:(

F

Førsaken

Yes, because it's my kill.

I'll be sure to take one of you next time. Alas, I have your loot but no screenie.

:(
So, having someones loot equals you beat them 1v1? Just curious, it's hard to keep up with you and BR, because I'm always too busy laughing how pathetic it is that you post the same pic every time. :danceb:

M

MerchantAtHome

Uhhh ya good luck with that cupcake.
Oh thats right, you're blue and won't leave your precious faction armor behind. Oh well.

You've always been more of a PVM'er anyway.

M

MerchantAtHome

So, having someones loot equals you beat them 1v1? Just curious, it's hard to keep up with you and BR, because I'm always too busy laughing how pathetic it is that you post the same pic every time. :danceb:
If you guys ever do manage to kill me, I'm sure you'll get a lot of miles out of those screenies too. Good luck.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I am going to ask one last time to keep this thread topical...

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is partially true. On the other hand ill agree with br Very few "average or better" duelist are horride on the field. Ill admit i have brain spasm sometimes i dont do particularly well in certain situations, but the experience i have with the timing of my spells offence and defense are key in my ability to make mistakes and survive.

If uo had a draft combine like the nfl and instead of bench press and 40yd dashes they had duel and field skills my draft picks would come out of the duelers, but thats just me...

If you cant protect yourself how do you expect to save a guildy?
I never said it was not important; extremely rusty dueling skills have gotten me killed a couple times in field conditions; you should know you were there for one of them:). The thing is I have also watched a master duelist or two routinely get dropped like a sack of potatoes on the field. I would rather have an average duelist who really knows his **** on the field personanly. The really good mages have a solid combination of both and both take lots of practice.

F

Førsaken

If you guys ever do manage to kill me, I'm sure you'll get a lot of miles out of those screenies too. Good luck.
Uhh, how you forget that I bok tamer'd you not too long ago (My Hiryu kicked the **** out of you). But hey man, if being forgetful allows you to get through the days, then by all means, do so.

Let me just say, looting you was a pain in the ass and that I've never seen someone carry so much extra armor pieces dyed the same and junk jewels just to avoid getting all your loot taken in hopes that you get a rez and a zerg over your corpse asap (Your gear wasn't THAT good to do all that). This was the night you were out along side GIL, as I was fighting others, and you kept trying to Flame Strike me when I was low. Oh how I loved when you and Krunk Playa went grey to me and died.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Remember faction gear? To all who still enjoy factions, go for it. To those that have moved to another play ground. Good for you.

Have fun folks. That is what counts.

M

MerchantAtHome

Uhh, how you forget that I bok tamer'd you not too long ago (My Hiryu kicked the **** out of you). But hey man, if being forgetful allows you to get through the days, then by all means, do so.

Let me just say, looting you was a pain in the ass and that I've never seen someone carry so much extra armor pieces dyed the same and junk jewels just to avoid getting all your loot taken in hopes that you get a rez and a zerg over your corpse asap (Your gear wasn't THAT good to do all that). This was the night you were out along side GIL, as I was fighting others, and you kept trying to Flame Strike me when I was low. Oh how I loved when you and Krunk Playa went grey to me and died.
I don't remember that, but lets say for the sake of argument it did happen. You got my loot from spined kits and I got Black Rain's faction gear, and Kage's faction gear, and Elmer's faction gear and Brook's faction gear. I'll take the trade.

Next time though, take a screenshot so I know you aren't making it up. Not that anyone in your guild would do something like that...

F

Førsaken

I don't remember that, but lets say for the sake of argument it did happen. You got my loot from spined kits and I got Black Rain's faction gear, and Kage's faction gear, and Elmer's faction gear and Brook's faction gear. I'll take the trade.

Next time though, take a screenshot so I know you aren't making it up. Not that anyone in your guild would do something like that...
Really? You don't remember getting killed 3+ v Carbon Copy east luna? Weird. I wouldn't remember either. *wink*

Well, I'm glad that you feel that you won by having loots. That's pretty much the point of Siege Perilous, so-I-thought.

GG

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Who really cares about who killed who? Everybody dies.

The question is... Who is having fun in factions? Who is having fun with guild wars?

Is the faction gear putting you off? The changes to factions?

For me... Factions just went to far tram.

F

Førsaken

Who really cares about who killed who? Everybody dies.

The question is... Who is having fun in factions? Who is having fun with guild wars?

Is the faction gear putting you off? The changes to factions?

For me... Factions just went to far tram.
No offense Kelmo, but it's always something for you guys. Every expansion, every new patch, it's something. Which is fine, I honestly think EA needs to stop being so ignorant and pay attention to their customers.

With that said, they should make pub 16 server and we all wtfpwn it. I think I'll make a thread for all the prodo *****s to flame on UHall.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
No offense Kelmo, but it's always something for you guys. Every expansion, every new patch, it's something. Which is fine, I honestly think EA needs to stop being so ignorant and pay attention to their customers.

With that said, they should make pub 16 server and we all wtfpwn it. I think I'll make a thread for all the prodo *****s to flame on UHall.

No offense taken. I just think that folks will find there fun where they find it.

Oh... about that Uhall thing. I am there too. *winks*

G

geni

I chose skill over stuff......if I wanted stuff I would be running a mage-tamer.....[/QUOTE]

I agree gu but even in the guild wars people are suiting in arties given they arent the faction arties but either way still the same old item versus item

i was hoping for gm or at the most some decent runic but it always boils down to item versus items oh well ....

F

Førsaken

I chose skill over stuff......if I wanted stuff I would be running a mage-tamer.....

I agree gu but even in the guild wars people are suiting in arties given they arent the faction arties but either way still the same old item versus item

i was hoping for gm or at the most some decent runic but it always boils down to item versus items oh well ....[/QUOTE]

That's because this is UO as it is today. There really is no going back, unless there's a whole new server for it. I proposed a faction server war, that way we can have fun too, and people will learn more with today's rule set, instead of trying gm armor. That way, everyone can participate, just make sure you're at designated spot at the time discussed, and no worries on suits being looted. Unless there are thieves leaving their mark and looting?

H

Hugibear

Here you go mate, I wasnt even faction artied out that day you really are an easy kill. Keep to your little war, and stay on the porch when the big dogs come out to play like the rest of the shard.

[/IMG]

A

archite666

I chose skill over stuff......if I wanted stuff I would be running a mage-tamer.....

i was hoping for gm or at the most some decent runic but it always boils down to item versus items oh well ....[/QUOTE]

Agreed old friend. Which is why we should do a old fashioned faction war when this is though.

I still say that a gm armor setup heavily favors dexxers because of blessed weapons.

Everyone knows me and guild just like to fight, if I could find someway to run Cash in cursed arties I would be in that war so quick.

I have you sig saved on my photobucket if you want it..

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i was hoping for gm or at the most some decent runic but it always boils down to item versus items oh well ....
Agreed old friend. Which is why we should do a old fashioned faction war when this is though.

I still say that a gm armor setup heavily favors dexxers because of blessed weapons.

Everyone knows me and guild just like to fight, if I could find someway to run Cash in cursed arties I would be in that war so quick.

I have you sig saved on my photobucket if you want it..[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you swap your template around a bit? Not sure what you are running atm but I am doing fairly well running a non-faction artied mage and still am packing around 52 dci and near all 70s. Those blessed spell books really help. They really do help to balance out the super weapons a bit.

B

Bruin

In a 1 on 1, yeah I think dexxers got the edge.

In a 5 on 5 field fight, 5 mages vs 5 dexxers, 5 mages properly coordinated should be able to handle 5 dexxers with xheal, invis, calling targets, etc.

F

Førsaken

In a 1 on 1, yeah I think dexxers got the edge.

In a 5 on 5 field fight, 5 mages vs 5 dexxers, 5 mages properly coordinated should be able to handle 5 dexxers with xheal, invis, calling targets, etc.
QFT-Mages are the best in GROUP fighting. If complimented with a really good dexer that knows what he/she is doing, it's even better!

M

MerchantAtHome

Here you go mate, I wasnt even faction artied out that day you really are an easy kill. Keep to your little war, and stay on the porch when the big dogs come out to play like the rest of the shard.

[/IMG]
Nice picture from 2007.

Mine are a bit more recent.

H

Hugibear

Hey there smart guy, I see what you did there and what you are thinking. You simply cut and paste the image location (http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff151/hugibear_2007/UO0001.jpg). What you fail in realizing is that hugibear_2007 is the name of my photobucket account, not the name of the picture. I created the account in 2007, and the name hugibear was already taken so i just added that extra onto my account name. So if you look at all the pics i have posted you will see hugibear_2007 because that is the account name. The name of the pic is UO0001.jpg. Nice try but you fail again just like in game.

M

MerchantAtHome

Hey there smart guy, I see what you did there and what you are thinking. You simply cut and paste the image location (http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff151/hugibear_2007/UO0001.jpg). What you fail in realizing is that hugibear_2007 is the name of my photobucket account, not the name of the picture. I created the account in 2007, and the name hugibear was already taken so i just added that extra onto my account name. So if you look at all the pics i have posted you will see hugibear_2007 because that is the account name. The name of the pic is UO0001.jpg. Nice try but you fail again just like in game.
Actually, I'm looking at the dead horse. The last time I rode an actual horse on Scorn was before the account turned 36 months, you know, about 2 years ago.

Good story though.