• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why has there been no adds for this game in along time?

• Thread starter sapphirediablo11
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

sapphirediablo11

I mean on TV, or internets, "hot spots", If there was a bit more advertisment then shouldn't people come??? so i ask why is/are there no ads. on TV or anything...

(please don't reply with no one cares about UO anymore)

P

pavel.vesely

No one cares about UO anymore.

Eh... Ok, ads will not bring new subscriptions, so why to lose money on them.

R

Rix/\

Too bad by the time they actually release this new SA client it too will be old and outdated.

Next month another game releases another new version, last time they released a new version the UO population droped alot. Now here we are less then 2 weeks before halloween and no halloween shard, nothing but a Happy B-Day UO announcement for the 11th anny, not one but 2 broken clients and alot of hype about a new one in the far far future. After playing warhammer and seeing them hype it up as much as they are trying to do with SA their version of hype is what I call false advertisement.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now here we are less then 2 weeks before halloween and no halloween shard, nothing but a Happy B-Day UO announcement for the 11th anny, not one but 2 broken clients and alot of hype about a new one in the far far future.

It was quoted that Halloween shards are made on the developers free time. So if no Halloween shard is up, it would probably be because they don't have the free time to make one...

From Town Hall Notes:
No Halloween shard this year due to lack of time
Retribution shard is the Focus group shard (not very active) (Draconi's Toys)

Special shards are generally done on Devs' free time

J

jelinidas

You could always do some legwork for EA. Price a few out and please post results.

World Series is here! ok ok....How about a 30 sec on ABC prime time, Full page color in *pick your favorite here* magazine, or...

Advertising is not a 30 word, 4 liner in the classified section of the local paper. We are talking serious $$$. Do the research and let EA know the best bargins.

(sorry, I am cranky tonight)

But until they have someting to market or a team that markets what they have...money is a object. UO has none to spare I fear.

B

Beldon

I mean on TV, or internets, "hot spots", If there was a bit more advertisment then shouldn't people come??? so i ask why is/are there no ads. on TV or anything...

(please don't reply with no one cares about UO anymore)
Because typically the only people who stay are the ones who are brought in by friends.