• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why dont we have the VVV arties?

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
To my mind separating "pvpers" and "monster hunters" into 2 camps is a thing that only really applies to prod shards, unless you are a pure crafter who spends all his/her time in a house/guard zone you will have to do PvP combat on Siege at some point, most players I meet are competent in PvP even if its not their focus, I personally enjoy both, its why I play on Siege and I assumed why most do but I could be wrong.

PvP combat on Siege is superior to prod shards for a couple of reasons, firstly, on the whole, people on Siege just seem to be more adult and fairer about it, the prod shard I play on seems to be full of kids shouting about speed-hacking and trash talking.

The second thing, which is actually on topic here, is that "fair" PvP combat is more accessible on Siege, looting is possible so people mostly wear what they can afford to lose, the gear gap between you and your opponent is narrower, the fight will be more about skill than gear.

If I'm out hunting stuff and I'm attacked by a PK, I'm aware that I'm probably at a template disadvantage(ie 2 skills in music/prov etc), and they are almost certainly a better PvPer, I will fight them because I don't like running away, Ill almost always lose, but they were taking same risk I am with gear loss etc so all credit to them and well played.

If the PK has a load of blessed artefacts I stand even less chance and I'm the only one who stands to lose stuff, effectively the attacker has "item insurance" on top line gear , the victim doesn't so is wearing far worse gear, as great as this situation would be for the PK, he might find himself very short of people to kill after a while when it dawns on everyone that prod shards at least offer insurance for both sides in that fight.

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whey they first announced VvV I was hoping it would be a instanced battleground where there were artys/supplies etc.. that were dispensed there and you couldn't them bring back with you when you left. this would of solved all the problems with any non participant to VvV. It would of also been nice if it was just a big battleground that all shards could teleport into then there would be no shortage of fights.

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whey they first announced VvV I was hoping it would be a instanced battleground where there were artys/supplies etc.. that were dispensed there and you couldn't them bring back with you when you left. this would of solved all the problems with any non participant to VvV. It would of also been nice if it was just a big battleground that all shards could teleport into then there would be no shortage of fights.
Agreed! This could have been an awesome instanced battleground scenario.

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I see. No, I wasn't around at that time.

But, the point remains, the arites aren't here now. People are participating in VvV. There is only a very small minority asking for them. I don't think there is much more to discuss.
"There is only a very small minority asking for them. I don't think there is much more to discuss."
There is a very tiny population on Siege... Meaning everyone's asking for them?

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
faction arties were the only reason most were even able to PvP here pre-SA.

Barbed GM suits or crappy hrsk suits (crafters stopped selling kits, btw) were pretty much unusable with the way the game went. You'd either 1, never hit your target without HCI, or 2, run out of mana after three spells because you couldn't stack casting props.

now we have buffed up loot which is way more powerful than faction arties, and way easier to obtain than faction arties, and everyones (rightfully so) loving it.

I don't see any logic in it.

Give us VvV arties so we don't have a ******** system lol