• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why dont the makers make something worth while! plants? get outa here. F that

Jesse James

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all the new items are pathetic!! plants? really you guys are getting excited about stupid plants? lol trammies- they keep makin these worthless items for mages and never a item to help out the DEXER!!how about a dexer ring or bracelet like the Orny? do something that makes sense for once.. making new plants? you serious?

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This may be a bit of a shock to you, but there is a lot more to do in UO than just kill things. There are many play styles in UO. That's what makes this game so great.

C

Connor_Graham

all the new items are pathetic!! plants? really you guys are getting excited about stupid plants? lol trammies- they keep makin these worthless items for mages and never a item to help out the DEXER!!how about a dexer ring or bracelet like the Orny? do something that makes sense for once.. making new plants? you serious?
Gardening hasn't had anything new added to it in years. They've been more than overdue for something new to play with. Just because you don't care for growing plants doesn't mean that it's not a worthwhile addition to the game, and the playstyle that enjoys it.

Dexxer ring? Does Ring of the Vile ring a bell?

Or how about all of the new armor and weapons, including artifacts like the Crimson Cincture that were added in ML? I don't recall any new plants being part of that expansion. The last new plants gardeners got were bonzais, and those came out with SE, which was almost 4 years ago.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Gardening hasn't had anything new added to it in years. They've been more than overdue for something new to play with. Just because you don't care for growing plants doesn't mean that it's not a worthwhile addition to the game, and the playstyle that enjoys it.

Dexxer ring? Does Ring of the Vile ring a bell?

Or how about all of the new armor and weapons, including artifacts like the Crimson Cincture that were added in ML? I don't recall any new plants being part of that expansion. The last new plants gardeners got were bonzais, and those came out with SE, which was almost 4 years ago.
the only thing about plants and the like is that in 45 days the market is saturated and they are useless.

Im looking for more dynamic changes rather then plants or the addition of ornament of the dexxer.

Id like to see well..
Ive posted it before.

A

Aboo

Generalizing are you? Only "trammies" grow plants? Only "trammies" use the products of the plants (i.e. orange petals)?

Because anything for a dexer would not be useful to me should I whine and complain and call it stupid since I won't have a use for it? Sheesh!

R

Radun

if they didn't introduce plants when they did, 95% of the player base would have quit!

B

Bullet

This may be a bit of a shock to you, but there is a lot more to do in UO than just kill things. There are many play styles in UO. That's what makes this game so great.

Hate to burst your bubble but ya gota fight to get the seeds lol.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to burst your bubble but ya gota fight to get the seeds lol.
Hate to burst YOUR bubble but most gardeners have friends that donate seeds from their fighters to be grown ....it's called community working together.

Ori

F

Flora Green

:talktothehand::next:

Oh and :postcount:

F

feath

my worthless gardener just got an order for 8000 orange petals from a pvp player. guess i should get with him and tell him to forget it - jesse james says plants are worthless!

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The game economy is collapsing, the KR client was a failure, the SA expansion was stillborn, the game desperately needs SOMETHING, and the best they can do is give you cocoa seeds. LOL.

K

Kiminality

The game economy is collapsing, the KR client was a failure, the SA expansion was stillborn, the game desperately needs SOMETHING, and the best they can do is give you cocoa seeds. LOL.
The economy's been going this way for years, at varying rates.
SA hasn't been "born" yet.
You should really listen, or read. There is more coming to the game, but you seem to either be missing that, or have some vendetta against cocoa seeds.

Your new shard not fun enough to keep your attention?

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mostly come here to flame people on the no-holds-barred forum. Laughing at you people still playing this dilapidated near-abandoned wreck of a game is just a bonus. And you know the best thing about where I play? The RP is enforced, and they won't let you get away with playing something stupid, like an ancient Egyptian sucked through a moongate or some crap. Kimi.

K

Kiminality

Yay, for elitist RPers!

I don't think I know of any Ancient Egyptian characters, actually.
But, hey. As long as they RP well, with respect and maturity, who's really in a position to complain?

Anyway, until recently, weren't you playing this "dilapidated near-abandoned wreck of a game"?
Glass houses, and all.

M

monnie101

Hate to burst YOUR bubble but most gardeners have friends that donate seeds from their fighters to be grown ....it's called community working together.

Ori
Hate to burst both your bubbles :p but that is a big stinkeroo! This should be for gardeners and the plants should be able to be cross pollinated!

OP who are you kidding, your going to be begging for cocoa plants and crying to your local Gardner for advice on how to care for your plant. If I were you I would save my poopoo for fertilizer.

T

Turlte's_Pace

Every time I think of UO and how much fun it used to be, I always come to the conclusion that it used to be more fun. This game is dying because it is trying to be WOW...I don't like my backpack to be divided into squares, or a portrait on my healthbar. I never liked the 3D client, but now that's all there is. All the new items are just making this role playing game into a number crunching game...it may not have had the possibilities that WoW has, but it was it's own game and fun to play.
In my opinion the designer's catering to the gamer's every whim has ruined the game. It was fun to play in the world because there were limitations, now it's just yell and wait for your next neon item.
That's not what this game was about...back in the day I trained a mongbat until it could take a troll and I role played the mongbat king. I chose armor based on how it looked, not on the numbers my character can't see. I wore black robes on my mage because they were a little more difficult to come by and it looked wizardly. People used to choose not to GM skills because they had more fun being an archer wizard, now they have to have 120 in any skill they want to compete with.

I don't think this game needs new stuff. I think they need to go back to what this game was when it was four or five years old and leave it at that. And considering the level of sophistication, it should be free to play, too.
There are no amount of dungeons or quests that can be invented to compensate for true role playing.

p.s. anyone know if it's possible to correct a misspelled name? rather embarrassing, really...

L

Lady_Mina

Well i like the new plant idea...

But then again...the new plants will keep people busy for 2 months and then they'll get bored of it anyways.