• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why does EA hate me so?

G

So I'm in North Carolina, sitting at an adorable coffee shop, with my equally adorable and loveable rl friend Lori, computers booted and ready to log in and start playing sims together. Only there's one problem... it's closed. *cries* We've already been through our enormous pretzels and halfway done with our coffees and still no EA Land.
I can't find a reason why it's down so I'm sad. I need a backrub and flying hug. Maybe a good cheering up too. Someone save me lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So I'm in North Carolina, sitting at an adorable coffee shop, with my equally adorable and loveable rl friend Lori, computers booted and ready to log in and start playing sims together. Only there's one problem... it's closed. *cries* We've already been through our enormous pretzels and halfway done with our coffees and still no EA Land.
I can't find a reason why it's down so I'm sad. I need a backrub and flying hug. Maybe a good cheering up too. Someone save me lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

We did it on purpose. Some random guy at the coffee shop saw you logging in and called us. So we unplugged the server really fast. Then we ran around high-fiving each other.

I'm kidding! EA-Land will be back up very soon.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

Aww that doesn't sound too fun

*gives Lauren a flying hug*

I

imported_Qute Pi

Nothing better than dial up by you at home?

I don't know if I'd bother if I had to visit a coffee shop to play lol. I guess I'm spoiled! Or maybe I know they'd end up kicking me out for playing toooooo long.

I hope you get to play!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Were you drinking Latte???
Latte causes interference in the ...uh...wireless... connections between the....wifi... and the.... WI... on certain....IPAs. Not just North Carolina, but South and... East Carolina too.
Not everybody knows that, but it's the truth... and everything. (nod)

G

Haha... actually I'm visiting NC for the week and I'm an addict so of course I have to find any means possible to play lol. And thanks to EA for loving me again haha. I actually texted a friend (SIMplySara) and asked her to help me lol... she's the answers to all my questions lol. So yay! I'm back in the game and loving it! Woot woot to the devs, you guys work your lil tooshies off and we're grateful for you!
)

G

I knew the guy with the shifty eyes was a little suspicious. *Throws hot latte at him and runs away flailing my arms* Thanks Parizad you're a gem.

G

Wait. There's a state by the name of East Carolina!? OMG... I'm so moving there. And yes I was sipping on my latte while trying to connect. I knew it was gonna get me one of these days.

G

I personally think Grande Mocha's will take over the world one day. Just sayin'.

G

You're a nut case LOL! And how do I always get dragged into the middle? Do I have a sign on my forehead that says: If you have a problem SEE ME?? LMAO! Just kidding

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wait. There's a state by the name of East Carolina!?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, DUH!

I mean.... I think.... maybe I spelled it wrong....
Oh, yeah! It's spelled "Kentucky".

That's a state.... right?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wait. There's a state by the name of East Carolina!? OMG... I'm so moving there. And yes I was sipping on my latte while trying to connect. I knew it was gonna get me one of these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup! ::points to map:: See? Right next to South Virginia.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Haha... actually I'm visiting NC for the week and I'm an addict so of course I have to find any means possible to play lol. And thanks to EA for loving me again haha. I actually texted a friend (SIMplySara) and asked her to help me lol... she's the answers to all my questions lol. So yay! I'm back in the game and loving it! Woot woot to the devs, you guys work your lil tooshies off and we're grateful for you!
)

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same thing when I go to my parent's. After months of trying, I still can't get on my dad's router. So my wifi chillax place of choice is Panera bread. I get 2 cookies, milk, and sit in a corner gaming for a little bit.

Good times... good times...

G

Well umm... you are the knower of all EA... come on Sara lol. Good thing I have your cell number or I'd be lost without you haha. *Huggets!*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
(Refrains from making a blatant plug for "Lower Donavan".)

G

It's definitely the best. Coffee shops make me smile.
One of these days I WILL have internet at my house here lol. Until then... it's lattes, extremely large pretzels, and friends to keep me company! Hehe.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

<blockquote><hr>

It's definitely the best. Coffee shops make me smile.
One of these days I WILL have internet at my house here lol. Until then... it's lattes, extremely large pretzels, and friends to keep me company! Hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh...an image of the Central Perk from Friends seems to pop in my head...

Heehee

I

imported_CrazyGirl

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I love you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]North or South?

G

HAHAHA! I thought I was awful because I carry my laptop EVERYWHERE with my WLAN turned on and I sit hitting refresh until I find an available wireless network..if all else fails, Borders make a great cup of coffee so if you get the BIGGEST size available you can milk it as long as you sit it a corner where no one can see your screen so you can pretend your deeply engrossed in your work. The only problem is when you forget to turn your sound down and the entire cafe looks at you as gibberish mirror noises, "smoke from the ears", and woots start coming from your speakers!

G

<blockquote><hr>

HAHAHA! I thought I was awful because I carry my laptop EVERYWHERE with my WLAN turned on and I sit hitting refresh until I find an available wireless network..if all else fails, Borders make a great cup of coffee so if you get the BIGGEST size available you can milk it as long as you sit it a corner where no one can see your screen so you can pretend your deeply engrossed in your work. The only problem is when you forget to turn your sound down and the entire cafe looks at you as gibberish mirror noises, "smoke from the ears", and woots start coming from your speakers!

[/ QUOTE ]Don't hide it! That's an awesome advertising opportunity!

*checks her WLAN security settings... Yep, tighter than Ft. Knox!*

G

<blockquote><hr>

We did it on purpose. Some random guy at the coffee shop saw you logging in and called us. So we unplugged the server really fast. Then we ran around high-fiving each other.

[/ QUOTE ]