• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why do people recreate sims so much anyway??????

N

nobuttkisser

ponder ths about... why do people delete and recreate a different sim so much anyhow?

G

I think I'm going to go with:

Because they can.

Different reasons, most probably boredom but just because they can is #1 for me.

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

ponder ths about... why do people delete and recreate a different sim so much anyhow?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just guessing here but maybe they become bored quickly with the look of their sims for one or maybe they are trouble makers and are trying to hide their identity. Before we got the ability to sim move I kept one slot just to travel to the other cities (I was curious to see what they were like. I also wanted to check them out before deciding where I wanted my last sim to settle down. It was fun traveling around for a while).

There is lots of reasons I suppose.

M

Monkeybear

I recreated my main sim that was around 500 days old because I accidently deleted my bear suit and needed a new one [Renuyu racks were not around at the time]

M

MandiK

I love to recreate. I leave my oldest sim(s) alone, the 'main' ones I play, but my other slots are free to create &amp; recreate as much as Id like. I like to see new faces sometimes, do new &amp; different things, or be someone else

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past, I have done it just to do nice things for newbie sims without my main sim being compromised by beggars or tagged as a "soft touch".

I have done it to go to new cities.

I have done it just because I got bored with one sim or got excited about a new sim to role play with a little.

C

Creed84

Before Sim Move was created, recreating a sim was the only way to move to another city, if you did not have an extra slot available or extra accounts. Main reason people have deleted sims, I have seen is to remove themselves off the bookmark list they were on of some people. In other words to try and get away from people, mainly those that were harrassing them and Maxi's was not doing a thing about it. Even now adays with the sim move it is hard to avoid stalkers without recreating. stalkers pretty much know every detail of your sim. Its age skills, how you chat on them, ect. Stalkers can still find you when you sim move your sim.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I've never really found the need to recreate. I prefer to out live and out last my stalkers.

G

Part of it, is because the more unusual characters, can be limiting to live with over the long term, but facsinating to create.......something that seemed like a good idea at the time, starts being less so, the longer you live with it.

J

JessicaMcPherson

It's always fun to make a new identity every once in a while. Kept the game fun for me.

G

*waves* Hiya Jess.

I'm not a recreator, but I've heard alot of reasons for it. I imagine it will be less common after they give us the ability to change our faces/hair.

C

caroleatdesigns

Well I did because he was a guy. To polite, gentlemanly and got swamped by the ladies.
Being female, I had no idea what to do, so, Professor James disappeared.

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

Well I did because he was a guy. To polite, gentlemanly and got swamped by the ladies.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Im so sorry for laughing but I can just imagine what you went through having a male sim.

P

PB Three

I'm actually considering making my first female sim ever on my 2nd account. It'll be rather odd, though.

CG gave me the idea to make some non-bear sims.

P.S. Off-topic @ NikiKing: I love the "Babbling loonie" part under your forum-name.

PB Three

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same experience. It was an eye opener to see how, erm, aggressive my sister females can be! It was difficult to move around a room with female sims literally throwing themselves at my pixels, and the IMs -- oh my!
. My daughter had a female sim, and we announced that we were engaged in order to try and settle things down. The next day I deleted my male sim. I gained new respect for what guys in the game go through, and a renewed satisfaction for my female avatar that is not one that attracts "attention."

G

In one case, my 6 month old Sim became glitched. He could not enter any lot except his own and could not interact with any object except the beds and 1 particular bookcase. After a month of this, I deleted him, and created a new one.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think I'm going to go with:

Because they can.

Different reasons, most probably boredom but just because they can is #1 for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

x

C

caroleatdesigns

<blockquote><hr>

LOL Im so sorry for laughing but I can just imagine what you went through having a male sim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be sorry, and thank you. I really looked forward to being the "guy of our dreams". I loved dancing, working with other Sims, giving up my spot when a lady wanted to work and no objects were available. But getting trapped in the middle by a bunch of women was too much (female brain in love with a male human). I was overwhelmed.

Happy Holidays Everybody

G

<blockquote><hr>

Before Sim Move was created, recreating a sim was the only way to move to another city, if you did not have an extra slot available or extra accounts. Main reason people have deleted sims, I have seen is to remove themselves off the bookmark list they were on of some people. In other words to try and get away from people, mainly those that were harrassing them and Maxi's was not doing a thing about it. Even now adays with the sim move it is hard to avoid stalkers without recreating. stalkers pretty much know every detail of your sim. Its age skills, how you chat on them, ect. Stalkers can still find you when you sim move your sim.

[/ QUOTE ]

An ignore acct holder would be nice. So if people recreate they will still be on your ignore and all their sims will be on ignore.

G

<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I did because he was a guy. To polite, gentlemanly and got swamped by the ladies. Being female, I had no idea what to do, so, Professor James disappeared.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the same experience. It was an eye opener to see how, erm, aggressive my sister females can be! It was difficult to move around a room with female sims literally throwing themselves at my pixels, and the IMs -- oh my! . My daughter had a female sim, and we announced that we were engaged in order to try and settle things down. The next day I deleted my male sim. I gained new respect for what guys in the game go through, and a renewed satisfaction for my female avatar that is not one that attracts "attention."

[/ QUOTE ]
ROFL

LMAO I made my son quit after playing his sim. (OH MY!! some of the women and girls in this game) He was 13 at the time. I know a 16 yr old in game that has been playing since he was 13 and he gets grown women wanting to cyber with him. I do not understand how some ppl let their teens play this game. There are a lot of kids that pretend to be adults.
I have male sims and mostly they are jerks. But they are more liked than my females. Go figure. LMAO well some of my females are jerks too. I seem to shine through. No matter what sex I am, people figure out it is me.

I

Ivy Greenleafe

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having this problem now with my male sim... I don't want to hurt the lady's feelings, but sheesh...... no breathing room! All I want to do is play the game, not run around ducking behind bookcases....
I like my male sim and don't want to delete him. Trouble is, my brother played him while we were on holidays and who knows what he got (my sim) up to, lol.
Gentlemen, I need some advice from a man's point of view on how to let them down easy. Some people seem to take this game a little too seriously, I think.

I

imported_CherryBomb

That sounds interesting, Nikki.

I used to re-create a lot in the first couple of years, I liked to watch how differently I got treated depending on my avatar. One piece of advice if anyone wants to try crossing gender: either tell everybody up front that you are shamming, or never tell anyone at all. If people find out after they have known you for a couple of months, a lot of them will be uncomfortable around you. It's odd enough having one white CherryBomb and one black one. When people who are used to one CherryBomb meet the other one, I can tell they get a little disoriented.

CherryBomb

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having this problem now with my male sim... I don't want to hurt the lady's feelings, but sheesh...... no breathing room! All I want to do is play the game, not run around ducking behind bookcases....
I like my male sim and don't want to delete him. Trouble is, my brother played him while we were on holidays and who knows what he got (my sim) up to, lol.
Gentlemen, I need some advice from a man's point of view on how to let them down easy. Some people seem to take this game a little too seriously, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a man, but I have a point of view. I think it might help to put in your male sim's bio that (1) "sorry ladies, but I have a boyfriend," or (2) taken in s/l. Or something like that. I think boundaries need to be set, and ones that you can stick to when reminding players you are not interested in romance.

E

EricaSKID

This happened to me too LOL I created a male sim and got swamped before I learned to put in my Sim bio that I'm female roleplaying as a male sim. Now I make sure all females who IM me thinking I'm male read my profile.

However, one good and bad experience came out of this all. I had a former roomie who was a female and a good friend at the time. Our sims fell in love and had a Sim wedding in AV. It didn't end pretty when I came back to that account to find my BV sims broke and with only a size 1 lot. She proceeded to spend my sim's money by buying stuff while I was offline and then downgrade the size of the lot then tore down the house. Then moved out and left me with a small lot.

M

Magnum

many sims that steal as much as they can, then when they get enough they transfer what they get to there other sim or sims, remember a sim thats your good friend maybe the sim that steals. Its too bad players are like that.
TSO should make it so when you create your sim and name it thats it, you can't change the name at all.

I

Ivy Greenleafe

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not a man, but I have a point of view. I think it might help to put in your male sim's bio that (1) "sorry ladies, but I have a boyfriend," or (2) taken in s/l. Or something like that. I think boundaries need to be set, and ones that you can stick to when reminding players you are not interested in romance.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good idea, too. I've started telling any potentially amorous sims right up front that my male sim is operated by a female human.....so far, it seems to be working. I've only had to pull him once, from one that didn't seem to care....lol!

M

Magnum

They give troubled players a reason to re create and start all over again.
They need to make it so you cann't re create it stays your sim as long as you're a player, then the trouble players will go away and be banned for a period of time thats if TSO listens. Thats why there is so many trouble players cause they can simply re create..

G

<blockquote><hr>

They give troubled players a reason to re create and start all over again.
They need to make it so you cann't re create it stays your sim as long as you're a player, then the trouble players will go away and be banned for a period of time thats if TSO listens. Thats why there is so many trouble players cause they can simply re create..

[/ QUOTE ]

There will always be troubled players... just like there will always be trouble people in society... deal with it... grow up... and try to enjoy your game.

I am in shock of how many people in this thread are afraid of being harassed. You make the harasser's job very very easy.

M

Magnum

Grow up LOL

I will continue to post about troubled players.

TSO needs to grow up and do something about troubled players and not banned a player that reports.

It will never go away cause TSO will allow re creating, and I will never go away unless TSO wants to ban me from posting and helping players.

Just like real life you cause trouble call the cops and you get dealt with.

G

Magnum, please, attitude chill, k thx.

People recreate cause they can. People recreate for more reasons than most people have fingers and toes combined. It's a way of TSO life for some people. Guess everyone has their own reasons.

G

Sounds like a good reason to have a feature to ban accts rather than players (on ignore and ban lists). Trouble makers run rampid in TSO. No skin of their nose to use the delete button. Then they start over, once they have been banned from everywhere. I think it is a game to them and they have a blast getting under others skin.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

LMAO I made my son quit after playing his sim. (OH MY!! some of the women and girls in this game) He was 13 at the time. I know a 16 yr old in game that has been playing since he was 13 and he gets grown women wanting to cyber with him. I do not understand how some ppl let their teens play this game. There are a lot of kids that pretend to be adults.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back when we first started out, my son used to recreate every time the sun came up. First there was a bug....then a robot....then a zombie....you name it. I was guilty of it too. I just couldn't find a sim I liked.

Actually, I don't understand grown women in this game. My son is 16 and specifically has it on his bio and his house bio that he is underage and that any attempt at 'romancing' him would not be tolerated. 40ish year old women totally ignore the bio and still attempt to cyber with him. His 'iggy' list continues to grow.

It is so bad, that my son now plays one of my female sims. If that sim didn't have so many locks, it would be recreated.

Many of my real male friends now play 'female' sims simply to enjoy playing the game without having to deal with women hitting on them. Rather sad isn't it? <font color="white"> </font>

M

Magnum

Thank you ladies for understanding...

Oh I will not chill, I will take a stand and help these players as much as I can.

Ban the idiots and make our ignore list unlimited.

G

Magnum, if you refer to my post I was not stating that you should let harassers harass. I was stating that people seem to be in a crippling fear of being bothered by someone in a game, and this I find shocking. It is a nice gesture for you to try to help your fellow players. But honestly if you really let someone get to you when they have the intent to get to you, you make it far too easy.

I've ignored people in the past, I've reported people in the past. I won't pretend I'm above it. I have never let someone ruin my game, although there have been times I've left cities because people acted like they were in special ed.

Just remember, its a game. If you let them play you... your game is no longer fun. Stick up for yourself, and your friends and fight your battles until they do something that breaks the ToS.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you ladies for understanding...

Oh I will not chill, I will take a stand and help these players as much as I can.

Ban the idiots and make our ignore list unlimited.

[/ QUOTE ]

We should be able to ban and ignore the player, no matter how many accounts and sims he/she has. So if someone is harrassing you or cheated you, they can't just delete and come back to get you again.

[/ QUOTE ]

But where is the fun in that? I personally like getting the harassers. Mostly cause I can stop most of them dead in their tracks with a few witty remarks. Once they see they will have no effect they leave and never come back.

M

Magnum

Its no fun harrassing them back 2 wrongs dont make a right.

Its better to ban and make the ignore and ban list unlimited.
As I keep saying its also better to make it so when you create you're stuck with that sim and name no recreating, no renaming.

That will solve it.

G

It won't solve anything. Just means more people will quit the game.

More people quit the game = game dies

More often than not, people will continue to harass you if you let it get to you. Banning and ignoring them is a good way to let them know they got under your skin.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

As I keep saying its also better to make it so when you create you're stuck with that sim and name no recreating, no renaming.

That will solve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, figuring that it's probably not really against rules. I doubt if these 'harrassers' will ever be banned. I would be nice to tag the account and not just the sim....that way if they recreate, they are still on your ban list.

Preventing people from recreating/name changing isn't going to stop people from not using common sense when 'making deals'.

However, like Ronen, these folks make me laugh because they don't have any idea how much fun I have toying with them.

M

Magnum

Of course they won't get banned they're probably premium members and yes they lose players so what! We don't need the trouble. Still they need to make it so you can't re create and if they change there name yes they should still be in your ban and ignore list. But they need to make the list unlimited. Yes of course we can just toy with them but many dont want too, they want to play like we all do. Is it fair to allow good players quit cause nothing is being done to the harrassers? Who knows and yes it is a game, but these kind of games needs stricker rules, no re creating or renaming allowed :)

G

<blockquote><hr>

Of course they won't get banned they're probably premium members and yes they lose players so what! We don't need the trouble. Still they need to make it so you can't re create and if they change there name yes they should still be in your ban and ignore list. But they need to make the list unlimited. Yes of course we can just toy with them but many dont want too, they want to play like we all do. Is it fair to allow good players quit cause nothing is being done to the harrassers? Who knows and yes it is a game, but these kind of games needs stricker rules, no re creating or renaming allowed :)

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely disagree with what I bolded above. That would tick off more people. By saying that, you are agreeing that <u>EVERYONE</u> should be punished because of a few bad apples???

I think this is hardly an issue. The fact that you publicly let them know they are getting under your skin, makes them do it more.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

*just hitting reply*

I've had my share of griefing in game (back when there were gloves to be thrown, it was sport with some), and I've known others with miserable experiences, but I've never seen griefers last. I knew one woman who had a stalker who was persistent over a few months, but otherwise griefers don't seem to be long time players?

Outliving them is the best revenge.

G

I think in the context of this thread, when people say "banned", they are referring to adding the harasser to their properties ban list - <u>not</u> banning their account from the game.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

That will solve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to tell you this but honestly....'no recreating/no renaming' isn't feasible and probably just isn't going to fly.

Gotta come up with something else good and then push that.

I like flagging accounts so that once they are on your ignore list, they always are, regardless of how many times they recreate.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I like flagging accounts so that once they are on your ignore list, they always are, regardless of how many times they recreate.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was discussed "way back when". It seems perfectly feasible, but we never did get any feedback from the PTB.
As long as it's done internally, it should be no problem..... don't want to expose anyone's account name to other players, ya know.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
This was discussed "way back when". It seems perfectly feasible, but we never did get any feedback from the PTB.
As long as it's done internally, it should be no problem..... don't want to expose anyone's account name to other players, ya know.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Well, maybe we need to get this suggestion buzzing a little louder?

G

GregK

We've discussed this internally. And we are hoping to augment ban, ignore, friend, and filter elements including the ability to ban a single sim and/or ban all sims on a particular sims account (likely you wont know the other sim names nor account name).

P.S. I hope everyone's holidays were/are happy.