• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why can I not have this guild title?

• Thread starter Dreamz_imported
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dreamz_imported

So I finally got around to adding my Gargoyle to the guild I am in and after getting added and turning on my guild title, I settle on a name (our guild name is VooDoo Tribe and figured a joke from the Wizard of Oz would work) "Flying Monkey"

Lo and Behold, this name is not allowed. So why can I not use this name?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
my guess is the "..g m.." in the name... The filter is abominable in that regard.

Hell, you can't even use "CONSTITUTION", because of it (and it having "tit")

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell, you can't even use "CONSTITUTION", because of it (and it having "tit")
but they'll let you use just about any of the fairly inappropriate names Bart Simpson has used when prank calling Moe's Tavern.

Figure that one out.

D

Dreamz_imported

but they'll let you use just about any of the fairly inappropriate names Bart Simpson has used when prank calling Moe's Tavern.

Figure that one out.
Well I know you can use racial slurs against white people such as Honkie and Cracker and a few more in a guild title, but you would think they would use a little common sense when creating such a filter.

Such a shame as I think a Gargoyle flying around with the title "Flying Monkey" would be hilarious, but then again what do I know.

T

Tinsil

Pretty sure you can use apostrophes, so try, Flyin' Monkey. :stir:

D

Dreamz_imported

Pretty sure you can use apostrophes, so try, Flyin' Monkey. :stir:
Flyin Monkey worked

Alternately, a person can also have the following titles

Spanky Monkey
Monkey Spanker
Spank My Monkey

Yeah some filter guys...

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know why, but you can't use skill titles either. I tried to give my beggar/chef the title of "Homeless Chef" and it denied it. I had to go with "homeless cook" instead.

The filter is stupid. It lets by things it shouldn't and blocks legit non-offensive choices. Flying Monkey sounds like a good one for a gargoyle.

D

Dreamz_imported

I don't know why, but you can't use skill titles either. I tried to give my beggar/chef the title of "Homeless Chef" and it denied it. I had to go with "homeless cook" instead.

The filter is stupid. It lets by things it shouldn't and blocks legit non-offensive choices. Flying Monkey sounds like a good one for a gargoyle.
In all honesty I do see why they implemented it at all.

T

Tazar

I always wanted a packhorse named Molasses since they walk so slow...

*sighs*

Oh well...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you could name it Sorghum...