• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why are potion bottle prices not dropping? Chessie Deluccia is locked at 32 gp each

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have started to go through my regeant stash by making potions to sell for the 6 gp profit per potion when spending 5 gp per bottle, 3 gp per regeant, and selling them for 14 gp at the npc vendors. I was laughing that the price at Delucia had been driven up to 32 gp each my first day bottle shopping. I finally found them for 5 gp at the Mage Tower and bought them until the price bumped up to 6gp each, figuring I'd just buy more the next morning after the maintenence period. No such luck. The prices do not drop. What gives? This must be rough on newbies who choose alchemy as their starting profession.

Like one more nail was needed in Craftings coffin.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anything that is listed as having a quantity of 500 on the NPC vendor menu is subject to price dropping and raising. Every 1000 of that item that the NPC vendor sells will increase its price by 1 gps, every 1000 that the NPC buys of that item will lower it's price.

There are some things that will reset prices - the recent town invasions were doing that, and publishes seem to do it. Whenever the NPCs are replaced with new ones will do it. Bottles can be expensive. I think I made my alchy simultaneously with my carp/tinker so I could do kegs (and also potions didn't stack back then).

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who sells 1000 bottles? <g> Ah well :)

I made my alchemist back in 2000 or 2001 when UO:Ren caught my eye in a store. My first three characters were a father/daughter crafting team and a hunter to get resources for them. Still have all three, though only the alchemist does much anymore. She's the Gardener and alchemist.

I'll see if the alchemists buy potions. I think I've always sold them to the mage npcs. Might solve the problem if potions in bottles count as bottles. A 75% profit making potions isn't shabby.

Here's hoping UO:SA is more like UO:Ren than UO:AoS. I drifted back into this game last fall when I regained access to a fast internet connection. I'm drifting back out slow but sure. To few players in the game now, though the L33T bunch going somewhere else to be annoying was certainly a plus for the game. They had being annoying down pat. :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No joy on selling potions to npc alchemists.

Kind of leaves us without an ability to lower the bottle prices. Making bottles from sand to sell would take weeks to do.

Guess I'll use her Inscription to make scrolls to get rid of the regeant collection I have. A lot slower but oh well.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No joy on selling potions to npc alchemists.

Kind of leaves us without an ability to lower the bottle prices. Making bottles from sand to sell would take weeks to do.

Guess I'll use her Inscription to make scrolls to get rid of the regeant collection I have. A lot slower but oh well.
You might have luck buying up already made potions to consume in order to get the bottles from using them. I don't think nightsight is too expensive.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most npc potions are 15 gp each with the explosion one costing 21 gp. I'll run the vendors periodically and perhaps come across a new vendor sometime.

Just one of those curious speedbumps in play all games have. <chuckles & shrugs>

H

H2O

You can either kill water elementals or either make the bottles yourself using glassblowing and save a lot of gold.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting quality sand is very slow and it takes something like five sand to make a bottle. It would be to big a timesink to make bottles in any kind of quantity.

Making scrolls takes much less time even with UOA preventing active meditation. I made a macro to do fifty scrolls with a 'wait for mana to equal 100' command every 4th scroll, and bought armor pieces with mana regen +2 on them. The 'wait for response from server' waits add horribly to the time it takes to make fifty scrollls but it's one key press instead of all the mousing it would take otherwise. Definitely much easier on the arm. :)

V

Velandra

What about going to fel and buying from faction vendors?

Bottles are 2gp each at faction vendors on Pacific currently.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not every shard has a faction guild intelligent enough to keep bottle vendors up and running.

The typical shortcut I use when I need bottles is to take an empty potion keg, buy 100 potions of one type, and drop the potions on the keg. Instant 100 empty bottles.when I get to 10 empties left, make another potion keg, and repeat.