• Important Information About This Forum
    Questions posted in this forum are 'moderated' and only viewable by Stratics Admins and Mythic Developers. They will be be set public only when an answer to the question has been provided.
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why are pet commands different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cloak&Dagger

Why do pet commands work differently in the EC than in 2d? Example would be I have a macro that is whisper "[Pet name 1] Follow me [Pet name 2] follow me" and in 2d pet 1 will follow when I press the hotkey, in EC it does not. The reason I have it set up like this is I never have those two pets at the same time, and do not wish to make 100 pet control macros, also I did not want to have it whisper "command pet 1" whisper "command pet 2" as it will cause the spam filter to kick in and I wont command my pet in time.

Also on the topic of controlling pets, is there any reason why recently if in factions and in fel pets will not respond to their names? I know it has something to do with the faction tag that has been added to their name, and we can not control pets with spaces in their names.

Thank you ahead of time.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1647645 said:
Why do pet commands work differently in the EC than in 2d? Example would be I have a macro that is whisper "[Pet name 1] Follow me [Pet name 2] follow me" and in 2d pet 1 will follow when I press the hotkey, in EC it does not. The reason I have it set up like this is I never have those two pets at the same time, and do not wish to make 100 pet control macros, also I did not want to have it whisper "command pet 1" whisper "command pet 2" as it will cause the spam filter to kick in and I wont command my pet in time.
It's actually the names of your pets followed by the command:
[Pet name 1] [Pet name 2] follow me

In the example you gave, the first "follow me" will be ignored.

As for why this does not work in the Enhanced Client, it's a bug that we'll have to look into.

If you have no preference for which pet you want to give the command to and want to apply it to all pets, you can use "all" instead of the pet names. This will currently work for both clients. For example:
all follow me

Cloak‡1647645 said:
Also on the topic of controlling pets, is there any reason why recently if in factions and in fel pets will not respond to their names? I know it has something to do with the faction tag that has been added to their name, and we can not control pets with spaces in their names.
We'll have to look into this as well. It sounds like it's exactly because of the reason you suspected.

Status
Not open for further replies.