• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Why are gold sold thru stratics boards so cheap?

B

blust4

I just checked the web sites I usually bought UO gold from. They are still selling UO gold at $2.00 to $2.50 per million. Why are you people selling UO gold so cheap here? Some of you lower the price when you can't sell in one or two days. Be patient my friends. Sometimes it is not the matter of the price.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No that isn't why. Other websites/brookers sell it so higher because there giving you a secure, trusted, transaction. They've been around for years selling items, they've become trusted with their rating, and your pretty much 100% sure that you wont be getting ripped off or have any trouble when buying from them. Thats where there extra charge for gold comes through.

Now on stratics you take a chance that you might be dealing with some jackass trying to screw you over. Most of the people are not jackasses but you occasionally find that newbie trying to get a quick scamm goen. Gold is so low yes becuase there were dupes in the past and it has totally screwed the economy up with duped event items, runics, resources etc... None of the gold is duped that I know of. Most of the gold people have are people buying there valorite hammers, event items, etc.. then them reselling the gold, and 90% of the people that did dupe dont sell on stratics... They sell there items for low to other people those people sell the items for gold, and then resell the gold to people for a small profit.

L

Lord Kynd

because people are sick and tired of the 'brokers' making a living off the game.
gold isn't worth 2$ per mil period.

D

DVI

Actually quite a few of the current gold sellers are individuals who are fencing for dupers and scripters, as both are currently happening. The value of gold at the moment is not entirely due to problems with either duping or scripting in the past, but largely due to the problems they are creating currently.

There is a current known dupe out that has no item restrictions so its safe to assume that gold is included in the list of items being replicated.

In addition gold wouldn't have dropped by more then 50% of its value in 6 months if the issue was in the past, its a very real and present issue and people need to be aware that when they are buying gold if they do not do alittle research they may inadvertendly be supporting duping and/or scripting.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Gold is cheap all over.
I don't know anyone selling it for that much anymore.
I remember selling gold for $20 per mil. I haven't bought or sold since.

In order to compete with each other the gold prices keep going down. Meanwhile the gold scripting farmers are putting themselves out of business.

M

MmorpgMan

Lack of demand / Over supply

Over supply with declining In game needs, "What is there to spend gold on anymore"

Dupes in 05/06 and scripting since the dawn of uo make for a pretty bleek market of buying/trading

Either compete or dont, bascially the only choice..

Also, Demand is lowering from reliable traders regardless of there methods of obtaining gold/items.. Believe it or not the broker/merchant community plays integral rolls in maintaining market prices of which most try to do..

L

Lord Kynd

Lack of demand / Over supply

Over supply with declining In game needs, "What is there to spend gold on anymore"

Dupes in 05/06 and scripting since the dawn of uo make for a pretty bleek market of buying/trading

Either compete or dont, bascially the only choice..

Also, Demand is lowering from reliable traders regardless of there methods of obtaining gold/items.. Believe it or not the broker/merchant community plays integral rolls in maintaining market prices of which most try to do..
and 'most' also try to 'fix' the market so they can profit. :lame: