• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why am I being attacked?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to twisted weld tonight to practice my lock picking. I had worked it in there a few days ago with no problem. Tonight when I went in everything was fine at first. I found a Satyr, smacked him around until he discorded me then I headed back out to get him off me, but before I even stepped into the portal 3 pixies came out of the woods and beat me down before I could make it out. I thought at first maybe my Karma had went into the negative, but my paperdoll still has my title as 'The Kind'. I know I didn't target them, and my karma is in the positive. So why are they beating the snot out of me tonight when they just ignored me the other night?

G

Not sure, but can't satyr's also do provo? If so, it could have provo'd them onto you.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1. Satyrs can and do provo.... for some reason leaving doesn't break it.

2. Also, I have seen paragons in the weald (especially pixies and cus) attack low-positive karma characters as if they were negative karma, when the "normal" ones ignored the character.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm assuming thats what happened then. The only difference between the other day and last night was the location of the Satyr. The other night I had to head slightly into the desert area to find one. Last night they were standing right near the entrance with the pixies, and they didn't discord me right away. I'm assuming that he must have provoked the pixies on me first, then hit me with the discord. What a jerk. I should take my warrior back there and beat him down so he learns his lesson.

Thanks for the info guys. Appreciate it.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this point I think a pixie is still a bit of a challenge for the character in question. I was wondering if I were to use an invis potion or spell, would that get them to leave me alone?

I suppose I could just delay finishing his lockpicking and work on his fencing at least until he's good enough to kill a pixie without much trouble.

B

Bill Brasky

I think the obvious answer is your karma dropped into negative and now blue stuff attacks you...Pixies, Unicorns, Kirins etc

you can test this by going to ish spirituality and see if pixies agro on you...

If they do, get karma back up then go back to Twisted Weald

C

Chango Pelon

He said he was still kind and the Satyr does provo anything around on you. I have it happen all the time. Leaving and waiting for them to no longer be agro, then go back in and try, try again.

And also as mentioned, those paragons are not as loving to lower (not negative even) Karma. So either one of those, but more than likely it was provo situation.

Mister, "I can play my pretty flute and sic these flying witches on you" Satyr.

V

vorius

I am having alot of trouble with this disco trick from Satyrs...

I enter the Weald, find a satyrs, attack him and get disco'd and peaced. I run back to the portal and through it back into the cave. I have about 15 seconds to do anything before the disco wears off... is that how it's supposed to work? I have to run back and aggro the satyrs every 15 seconds?

Another time I found a spot where the satyr got stuck in a rock, and I thought this was a great opportunity! I aggro'd and got disco'd and proceeding to train my skill. Then the bugger provoked pixies and a cu sidhe on me, and I quickly perished...

I could use some advice on how to work this!

I tried buying invis potions but I keep getting ripped off! I find a keg of muddled water in a vendor, and the owner puts a not "invis" on it, but when I buy it and fill a potion it is night sight! Argh... two kegs from two diff vendors in Luna...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you run back into the weald IMMEDIATELY after leaving, then get onto the same screen as the satyr that discoed you, it will stay going as long as you stay within line of sight of him.

Note, however, that going out and back only breaks his aggro on you - anything else provoed on you will still be hostile when you come back in.

V

vorius

Ohh, so THAT's the trick! I was leaving the weald and staying out and was wondering how could people deal with this if they had to keep repeating this every 15 seconds! Thanks so much for clearing that up for me!

So that's where the invis potions come in, to break aggro on whatever he might have provoked earlier?

Very cool...

E

elenka

invis potions are currently bugged - keg displays "murky water" or something and potions are marked "Night sight" potion but they really are invis potions, just try one of them... I noticed this bug when they allowed potions to stuck and it's still not fixed...

Elly

G

THANKS FOR THIS INFO: this really works!!! you have to stay near him or on the same screen and it doesnt break the disco! im trying to get him stuck on the rocks like the swoops do lol

<blockquote><hr>

If you run back into the weald IMMEDIATELY after leaving, then get onto the same screen as the satyr that discoed you, it will stay going as long as you stay within line of sight of him.

Note, however, that going out and back only breaks his aggro on you - anything else provoed on you will still be hostile when you come back in.

[/ QUOTE ]