• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who's got the most points?

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to play who's got the most points...

But, honestly I don't want very much of this stuff so I guess the good stuff will lie in containers.

Anyone have 50m they could turn in? I think the winning number is somewhere around there. But, theres no telling what some of you folks have lying around.

I guess on some level I don't know what to do. We've been here so long we can be rich just by being here so long. Games like who has the most points are more for giving us something to do than anything. We all know that people that cheated will have more than people that didn't so theres no real way to determine a winner.

You can't actually be important from playing a video game, except in your own mind.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
80 Blue Crystals (2M points) is a nice start for me. To tell you the trust I was getting ready to sell an empty castle and now it is being used to house all my turn-in stuff and I am running out of room in it already and I am not done yet. Cant wait till this goes live. 13 yrs of X-Sharding sure get you a lot of crap. I wish UO would give me gold for all my points. 2M points for the crystals = 200M gold just to start with. But you are right, this list is short so I will have a ton of points left over and am not sure what I will spend them on. Maybe get some stuff for the people that havent been around as long to help them out. To me this is all just free money to spend and a nice way to clean out a lot of junk.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think a better question here is what are you going to spend them on.

KNIGHTS ARMOR 6 Piece Set Male/Female..............120K points
SCOUTS ARMOR 6 Piece Set Male/Female...............120K points
SORCERERS SUIT 6 Piece Set Male/Female..............120K points
Jewelery Set-Etoile Bleue-Ring/Nova Bleue-Bracelet..300k points
Virtue Tiles 9 total..............................................90k points
Giant Toad Costume and Zombie Costume...............150k points
3 new suits (1 of each, not sure why)....................600K points
Total points spent so far......................................1.5M points

Now what am I going to spend the rest of my points on?
Last Clean-up they had different stages, are they going to add more stuff to the list? Sure hope so or I will end up with prob. a lot of Bless Deeds just to use up a lot of points.

M

Mordocuo

80 Blue Crystals (2M points) is a nice start for me. To tell you the trust I was getting ready to sell an empty castle and now it is being used to house all my turn-in stuff and I am running out of room in it already and I am not done yet. Cant wait till this goes live. 13 yrs of X-Sharding sure get you a lot of crap. I wish UO would give me gold for all my points. 2M points for the crystals = 200M gold just to start with. But you are right, this list is short so I will have a ton of points left over and am not sure what I will spend them on. Maybe get some stuff for the people that havent been around as long to help them out. To me this is all just free money to spend and a nice way to clean out a lot of junk.

are those the crystals you get from chopping wood?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About the points...
I have enough items to clean up since 1999... when I trash them, new lands will appears from the oceans :lol:

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats what i was saying. I did a 4 day inventory made an excel sheet and went uh.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should provide a '10k point check' that you can claim so you can sell your points. Then you could vendor the points to someone who needed them.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should provide a '10k point check' that you can claim so you can sell your points. Then you could vendor the points to someone who needed them.
Yeah, they had this with Spring Cleaning 2008, not sure why they took it out for this one.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess on some level I don't know what to do. We've been here so long we can be rich just by being here so long. Games like who has the most points are more for giving us something to do than anything. We all know that people that cheated will have more than people that didn't so theres no real way to determine a winner.

You can't actually be important from playing a video game, except in your own mind.
What kind of negativity got into you old man ?

Re-read yourself this is pathetic...

Just have fun... thats all ; you don't need to think about what others think that you think.

wth you sound more depressed than me when I think about our world future :confused:

J

jaashua

I finished turning in everything I collected and I have 122,000 points. Most of that I bought months ago for cheap off vendors when I heard there'd be a cleanup. I paid somewhere around 2M gold for those points.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well if i turn in anything i probably around 20-30mil points out of Sonoma + Formosa.

But of course i only plan to put in 5 mil points and the rest i will be keeping the items instead.

Cuz i can foresee that these items probably wont be worth much with many people able to get these themselves

For the item bless deeds, i will be only trading 2 of them for decorations cuz its pure useless with imbue + insurance.

The item bless deed i got in 1999 still sitting there as a decoration only... as its pure useless as well besides that purpose only.

R

RavenWinterHawk

I dont have the most. But I have more then I can spend.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What kind of negativity got into you old man ?

Re-read yourself this is pathetic...

Just have fun... thats all ; you don't need to think about what others think that you think.

wth you sound more depressed than me when I think about our world future :confused:
I did inventory & I found out I had about 20 million points in just 3 items 270 crystals, over 200+ statues I didn't need & several 1000 of the old gift boxes. I was like wow this is just from 3 items so I wanted to play points because honestly I thought I might win. I had about 500 threads. I keep things.

But the more I thought about it the more I realized it wasn't necessarily what I wanted to do. I'm just in transition from being a self-important ass to being a grown up.

Im not negative though. Its just not fun playing king of the hill any more.

I don't want any of the turn-in stuff, but hey I got a beautiful Angel box and made 120-150m yest. Its all good.

Thanks for the kind words.

S

Sevin0oo0

But, honestly I don't want very much of this stuff
Liquidating my acct, trying to decide what's best for the next owner, I already have:

novo/etoile set
Beehive,
Sherry the mouse (currently on my vendor for 500k gold),
sorcerer's armor set (from last time)
Scout's armor set (from last time)
5 costumes (from last time)

900k pts. to spend, maybe all bless deeds?

Triberius

Firefall Moderator | LotRO Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm

I've picked up

20 bless deeds 2 million points

I missed out on suits last time so I got one of each of those
Sorcerers 60k
Scout 60k
Knights 60k
All the new suits
Fisher 200k
Berserk 200k
Virtuoso 200k

I've got all the robes and boots as well
Robes 4k
Boots 100k

Trying to decide if I should nab 3 more Bless Deeds or another Bleue set, to go with the one from last time since I have around 300k points left, well that's not true I've not cleaned out bank boxes yet. But I doubt I rack up much more in the way of points from those.

All total I cleaned up just over 3.1 million points from trashing stuff so far.

KingHen

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1.3 million here so far, pretty much got what i wanted so far

2 pairs of each boot
one of each of the new suits
scout suit
3 pairs of earrings
bless deed
got my wife 2 table lamps cuz i :heart: her :thumbup:

ill get more stuff, just not sure yet

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
300 crystals isnt 75m points sorry. But its a whole lot of crystals. good job on that event

L

longshanks

im pushing 800k so far.

wasnt there supposed to be an artificiers suit?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres a difference between acting self-important and knowing that you been the leader of the atlantic companion program, a member of virtuous guilds and a personality that is appreciated in our community.

There, even if you realise that you're not serious about counting points, you can still do it. I'm not serious about my roleplay (contrary to the gold brokers) but I still do it.

I know some people think its childish, others think its scary, others outright ignore me. Who cares ?

I don't see one person here that is unhappy about your "fun thread" well exept me, and thats because I know you and think you shouldn't be that self-critical. What if it all turns out to be true, legend came alive didn't it ?

Whatever you do and the games you play, to me you will always be more important than the people who made the game, and especially those who have seen fit to change it into a pseudo-EQ clone... :heart:

Doostur

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I have decided that i'll enjoy the game much more if I simply trash everything thats either not cool looking, rare or used on a regular basis. I simply just had way too much stuff. I pack ratted stuff from first day UO went live. I saved every wand, bag, holiday reward over all these years and I guess its paying off. I'll admit, its pretty sad to trash items that have survived 10+ years. But in the end, they hold no value, and spend their lives collecting dust. Two castles down, two more fully loaded to go.

S

Serine

If you got to many points you can always try to get all robes in all colors. *wonders how many colors they come in*

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I have decided that i'll enjoy the game much more if I simply trash everything thats either not cool looking, rare or used on a regular basis. I simply just had way too much stuff. I pack ratted stuff from first day UO went live. I saved every wand, bag, holiday reward over all these years and I guess its paying off. I'll admit, its pretty sad to trash items that have survived 10+ years. But in the end, they hold no value, and spend their lives collecting dust. Two castles down, two more fully loaded to go.

Wow, am I reading that correctly? 54 million points? That's really something!

How did you do that though? When my total reached 10m it told me to go spend my points. I don't think it would let me add to that 10m total.

Did anyone else get stopped at 10m? Could I have gone ahead and kept turning items in? Anyone know?

By the way, ACB1961, this is a fun thread. I wish more people would tell of their clean up adventures and totals.

BlissMarie

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only turned in 17 blue crystals got myself one bless deed and that was basically enough for me haha I finally got a bless deed. all those other points are pretty useless to me now, even the deed is useless to me.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Wow, am I reading that correctly? 54 million points? That's really something!

How did you do that though? When my total reached 10m it told me to go spend my points. I don't think it would let me add to that 10m total.

Did anyone else get stopped at 10m? Could I have gone ahead and kept turning items in? Anyone know?

BlissMarie
Yes the cap is 10M. I am thinking photoshop on that one.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are clearly the winner.

I can throw away 50ish points, but as far as throwing away things I love I can't do it. I have the first item I ever got. Some oil for a lamp.

I'm also selling bless deeds like they're on fire so I'll never even know how many I have.

It is an honor to be beaten by someone who has accomplished so much in a game we all love.

Craig

:bowdown:

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've thought about what to say a lot tonight.

It comes down to thank you, which isn't nearly enough to say, and I didn't think anyone remembered which is of course too much to say.

We tried to make a difference. We didn't do it for money, but we spent so much time they paid us to protect themselves.

I thought we all loved this game, but in the end everyone left...

I didn't leave because no matter what I was I actually play this game.

:heart:

Anthony Craig Bass

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After xferring every gift / holiday for the last 14 years from every american and euro shard to one shard, then going through my hoard, I ended up with something between 60 and 70 mill. I bought what I wanted and then just spread the points across the accounts.

Took a day and a half to trun everything in.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I finished turning in everything I collected and I have 122,000 points.
Remember that you can turn in monster loot and crafted items too. So if you want more points to spend, grab a luck suit and go hunt some higher end mobs. :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Remember that you can turn in monster loot and crafted items too. So if you want more points to spend, grab a luck suit and go hunt some higher end mobs. :)
I wish I had a script miner. :sad3::bdh:

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I recognize you Avatar !

It's silly talking about how many years we will have to spend in the jungles of Vietnam when we could pave the whole country and put parking stripes on it and still be home by Christmas.
Ronald Reagan
We did make a difference, I'm still here after all this time and I'm standing up and loudly proclaiming that we did not do it for money.

That I never did it for money, and still am not... I never received a compensation let alone a thank you letter, and I served selflessly for the whole duration of the program every day for many, many hours.

Oh thats right, I'm the one without a contract, the embarassing one, the annoying one, Mr. Icanfixanythingandumsmarterthanu...

And you'll (undefinite you, no pun intended) say well there you are now always talking about you you you!!! that makes you not selfless, you want recognition, you are human you have ambition !!!

Allegations ?! Give them to meeee !!! I shall dine on them.

Well yes, I was a nice quiet and serviable companion back then. But things haven't quite turned out the way I expected... they say its the *hic* with time travelling.

Better late than never !

Where thou art, that is home.
Emily Dickinson
Thanks to the HONESTY of people like you, I now hold the big part of the stick, and I'm sure you all trust me with it.

*rubs an apple sized oval object in his pocket*

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nice try.

I tried and the limit is 10,000,000 pts.... any points you put further will be disappear... and still stay same as 10,000,000 pts.

Can you answer how do you get over 50 mil points?? Did you CHEAT?

This type of thread is kinda pointless as its back to kindergarden to see who got the most rubbish to throw away???

In another word, kinda like a bragging thread only in my opinion... pointless thread.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ya, it is a nice try, and good photoshop, but if you look closely you can see the entire paragraph about the points is slightly the wrong shade, and the font was close, but not quite right. Look closely at the letter "e".

I am sure some one is well over the 10 mill mark, but there would be no way to prove a total over 10 mill, so there can be no "winner" in this thread. Nice thought though, for fun.