• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who's dropping the Legendary Woodland Armor?

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I see a bunch on sale on vendors . Someone spill the beans so I can actually go out hunting again. It'd be nice to suit up and start farming, but I don't like going on a wild goose chase.

Some encounter is dropping them on a consistent basis....

I've killed almost all the of ML Content both in Felucca and Trammel and haven't seen anything that drops Legendary Woodland armor. Melisande & Paroxysmus in Felucca....15-20 times...nothing but junk.

Twaulo, Meraktus, Dreadhorn, and Travesty...Junk, Junk, and more Junk.

Only thing I haven't tried is Oaks in Felucca.

@Bleak @Kyronix Can you explain to me why all of the ML bosses & Peerless drop nothing but junk?

Why should only 3 or 4 encounters in the entire $%^&ing game drop items worth value?

You guys, and I mean devs, continue to destroy the game by making only certain encounters worthwhile farming, while the remaining 90% of UO's content is worthless.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have gotten a few out of Dreadhorn, but they are fairly rare.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I've completely about 25 Dreadhorn a few months ago. Not one Legendary Artifact.... After that many DH runs with nothing to show for it I just stop doing them. Same goes for the other ML Bosses where I've done 15-20 runs...it's all junk compared compared to some of the other encounters which make the content worthless.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the discrepency in loot levels, betweem various encounters. Exodus/Osiredon is no harder for me than Dreadhorn or Travesty. Once you know the method or strategy for killing a particular boss the level of difficulty ceases to exist, and the only factor is the time involved in completing the encounter.

I can drop both Exodus & Osiredon in roughly 12 minutes. Dreadhorn/Paroysmus/Travesty is probably about 8 minutes not counting key gathering (which should account for alot). But the discrepancy in loot between some encounters is night and day. Glade spawn takes me 35-45 minutes to solo and has abolsutely nothing to show for...ZERO.ZILCH.NADA. Yet I can knock out 3 or 4 Exodus in the time it takes me to do 1 Gladespawn. Difficulty level is the exactly the same.

It's so $%^&ing stupid.

Some encounter is dropping Legendary Woodland Armor consistently, else we wouldn't see the amount of vendors that we have.

I think it's a piss poor design that so many fun/legacy encounters don't drop ****.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I checked my Legendary armor pieces (all from the roof, almost 100 items) and not even one is woodland. I do know Grizzle drops woodland armor though.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Roof drops are not what they used to be since the last re-balance of the bosses.
They said all loot would be equal, maybe they have made it like that but equal to the lowest power monster there, maybe the Wisps loot.....
Because I remember I used to look forward to doing the roof for loot, but since the last change I am finding it hard to get enough energy to do the rooms, to end up doing roof and not getting a single usable legendary......
And slightly off topic, you seem to get better loot in roof without luck than with luck, luck bring more items with the legendary tag but with no use whatsoever for anyone.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ozzy!?:party:

I haven't checked out the roof encounter yet.

Can anyone else confirm Roof drops ML content?
You don't get ML items from the roof.

It comes from things like Swoop, Coil, Putrefier, Wrong Dungeon... high luck and an EXTREME amount of time (very likely bots...)
Also possible at EM events, often enough the type of mob spawned for the "boss" is an ML peerless template.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to see legendaries drop from creatures that aren't "just bosses". I rarely have time to play and am getting baf looking for anything useful.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to see legendaries drop from creatures that aren't "just bosses". I rarely have time to play and am getting baf looking for anything useful.
They used to drop randomly on Shame mobs, but they dropped way too often (I have many cursed legendaries from back then). So naturally, the devs basically removed them in typical knee-jerk reaction. Instead they should have a lower chance to drop on any of the revamped loot tables.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Roof drops are not what they used to be since the last re-balance of the bosses

The demon is still top dog to get we've noticed. Couple days ago we got 6 top end items (can not be better(I call godly items)) from one boss.
Best loot ever from one monster. (we did use the luck statue... but don't know if luck really works)
Done this enough to get two complete sets of cameo's.

Nighterror, Putrefier, Champ boss, Stygian dragon, medusa and slasher you get about one legendary out of three kills give or take.

Peerless and Navrey you get one legendary per 20 kills give or take.

Last edited:

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
The demon is still top dog to get we've noticed. Couple days ago we got 6 top end items (can not be better(I call godly items)) from one boss.
Best loot ever from one monster. (we did use the luck statue... but don't know if luck really works)
Done this enough to get two complete sets of cameo's.

Nighterror, Putrefier, Champ boss, Stygian dragon, medusa and slasher you get about one legendary out of three kills give or take.

Peerless and Navrey you get one legendary per 20 kills give or take.
You must be very lucky my friend, must go hunt more with you more often!!! I just need a demon Cameo for my 1st full set. Done roof prob about 50 times maybe a bit more...
I must of done about 12 Medusas, not too many but enough with about 3 more people and not a single Legendary dropped. This was like 2 days ago. Did u solo her or was it group?
Ive always thought that group hunting should in theory raise your luck as stated in the patch when it was realised but it dont seem to work correctly.
Once in a while you do get that ``Godly´´ item but in my case it must be maybe every 20 goes, which is not too bad for the RNG, and it seems to be more Exodus than the roof which gives me the best loot.
But I can clearly say that before the change, I was getting some super mega uber god items.... now as stated before super hard to get them and I am using same temps, same attacks but all has changed to worse...
About Virtuebane being best..... well in theory it shouldnt be as All bosses drop the same which is false as we know, but even the intensity levels are all off also, had 3 roofs with no usable legendaries.
This may sound like a runt but its a drunk mans cry for help LOL and hopefully see what the community says about it.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would also camp the named spiders near irk. High luck and you should get some nice pieces. Especially the two that ambush you when you walk through the puddles. With a slayer they are a cake walk.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You must be very lucky my friend, must go hunt more with you more often!!! I just need a demon Cameo for my 1st full set. Done roof prob about 50 times maybe a bit more...
I must of done about 12 Medusas, not too many but enough with about 3 more people and not a single Legendary dropped. This was like 2 days ago. Did u solo her or was it group?
Ive always thought that group hunting should in theory raise your luck as stated in the patch when it was realised but it dont seem to work correctly.
Once in a while you do get that ``Godly´´ item but in my case it must be maybe every 20 goes, which is not too bad for the RNG, and it seems to be more Exodus than the roof which gives me the best loot.
But I can clearly say that before the change, I was getting some super mega uber god items.... now as stated before super hard to get them and I am using same temps, same attacks but all has changed to worse...
About Virtuebane being best..... well in theory it shouldnt be as All bosses drop the same which is false as we know, but even the intensity levels are all off also, had 3 roofs with no usable legendaries.
This may sound like a runt but its a drunk mans cry for help LOL and hopefully see what the community says about it.

It's not luck. My worst unlucky streak was 28 characters in a row through the roof with no drops.
I don't have an extra demon. Demon and a repond would make a third set.

I usually wait for friends but I have done the roof a number of times by myself.
Madusa getting the eggs makes me bug eyed.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I've pulled a few decent legendaries off of Paroxysmus in Felucca, he is about a 1 in 5 in dropping an legendary artifact. Prince Paroxysmus is the only Boss of all the ML content I've farmed that actually has a dropped something I actually thought was worth keeping. Never once pulled a legendary off Putrifier, and there was a previous thread stating that Putrifier in Fel might be the one dropping the Legendary Woodland Artifacts...I must have killed 80, and didn't see 1 legendary artifact.

All the Peerless Bosses/Champion Spawns should have their loot bumped to at a MINIMUM what Paroxysmus has in Felucca.

And farming in Felucca vs. Trammel is an absolute joke. Felucca dungeons are absolute ghost towns even on Atlantic. Not one time did I run into another player doing my 25+ Paroysmys runs on Atlantic in Felucca. There is zero risk...and the loot table should not be greater than those of Trammel. It's a friggin' joke...

@Bleak @Kyronix You guys need to get your act together and start bumping up the loots tables on the 'legacy' peerless (Twaulo, Meraktus, Dreadhorn, etc) and champion spawns, and make them worthwhile doing. You guys may think it's cool to have 3-4 spots drop good loot while the rest of 18+ years of UO content becomes obsolete but players don't. There's a reason many of us are still playing this game; because we enjoy the 'legacy' content.

Last edited:

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Tmaps in ilsh, maybe?
Don't even get me started on Treasure Hunting. Devs RUINED treasure hunting, something which has been a major part of UO for a long time, they've made essentially worthless. Another part of the game that could do with a boost in the loot tables.

One of the major gripes I have about Treasure Hunting is Ilshenar Maps don't drop any ML content. Another oversight in UO that needs to be addressed.

Treasure Hunting loot was nerfed quite some time ago...though the Devs claim was "we haven't changed anything". On top of that there is nothing worthwhile in the chests anymore in terms of resources, scrolls, pardons.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't even get me started on Treasure Hunting. Devs RUINED treasure hunting, something which has been a major part of UO for a long time, they've made essentially worthless. Another part of the game that could do with a boost in the loot tables.

One of the major gripes I have about Treasure Hunting is Ilshenar Maps don't drop any ML content. Another oversight in UO that needs to be addressed.

Treasure Hunting loot was nerfed quite some time ago...though the Devs claim was "we haven't changed anything". On top of that there is nothing worthwhile in the chests anymore in terms of resources, scrolls, pardons.
Don't forget SoSs in that revamp.