• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who uses "world-view" when selecting a property to visit??

C

coyoteee

Hey everyone,

I know "city view" is kinda messed up right now... who here makes a concerted effort to go to "world view" before selecting a house to visit? Especially since the merges were completed, there are many wonderful places to visit that are not located in the original EA Land city. (Shameless plug - like my skill house: Grand Palace LogiCharm in Blazing Falls.)

Any comments?

~Coy

C

coyoteee

<blockquote><hr>

I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet. I posted to make sure this gets into the broader consciousness of EALanders. :)

~Coy

M

Monkeybear

Sometimes I do, I'm not fond of the yellow boxes though would be better if they went back to white and maybe change the 2 unused cities to red or something

G

i do ... trying to give everyone an equal opportunity of getting visitors ... there are other amazing houses out there.

G

Me, too - even though it is awkward to do.
Not choosing from world view feels weird.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Oh! Oh! Me me me! I only use world view! In fact I moved all my sims out of that original map because I was so sick of looking at it. I've made it my mission to only visit houses in other maps even. Makes it more of a challenge finding what I need sometimes but just the search is fun!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

x

[/ QUOTE ]
x

G

I do. I was checking out all of the dots in the less blinky cities last time I was on.

C

coyoteee

<blockquote><hr>

I do. I was checking out all of the dots in the less blinky cities last time I was on.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG I love going into less blinky cities and finding gems.

~Coy

G

I also use world view, and pretty much see if I can find what I need in someplace other the EA Land. I figure what's the point of the merge if we don't go to the other cities?

That's not to say I never go to EAL .... if I'm looking to skill, and all that's open is in EAL (and there are a couple of really great skill houses there) I'll go there. But, I do try to support my friends trying to make it in good ol' CC ...

I like world view!

G

I also use world view.

Btw it's a little "wrong" with the interface now. You have to first press city view (the mountain) and then the minus sign to get even further away.
The minus sign has always represented "one step further out, but not all the way out to city view". Now the meaning has been jumbled up = the interface is less intuitive again.

It would be more logical and easy to use, if there was another symbol after the "mountain". So it would only take one click to get to world view, which is/should be the default view.