• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

who is the richest players? Post Both current players or past players

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In RL money or Gold?

If gold, 100m would probably not put you into the top 10,000, game-wide, and probably not in the top 100 of LA.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
define richest. While the girls never have much money,(die too much) they are rich in the friends that make this shard home.:grouphug: Money isn't everything you know, neither are those lovely lovely shiny babbles .

C

CanadianTemplar

I nominate myself as the poorest! Most times I can barely afford my insurance rates

W

Wraith One

I would have to side with the other posters and ask what do you mean by rich? Are you talking about in-game gold only, networth, or just simply asking an in general question? Some, if not all pvpers you come across probably have that 100mil invested in a single char with powerscrolls, suit of armor and weapons. Others collect items and have that 100mil in a single item, and then lastly you got people who just own a lot of expensive housing throughout UO. So I ask again what do you mean by rich?

Multani

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then you got the dupers that have more money then we can even imagine.

so really who is the richest, means nothing.

W

Wraith One

Multani, your right it doesn't mean anything to be rich or not. What really matters is whether or not your enjoying yourself in this game. Some people dont have to be rich to have fun.

A

Az of DSR

lol, alot of hating on people with money on UO. ( =

I remember making a char on LA and getting insane fast skill gains. I think I GM'd fishing in about 20mins. hahaha. When I first Xsharded to LA was a year or so after the shard was made.

But i met a few players like ya do when ya start playing a shard heavy. And one of the dudes I met was Whiteknightbc / Veronica Mars. He did house drops like a mad man, sold the properties and items. I remember at one time he had a wall in castle with over 600mil in gold checks stacked up. He used to always help me with making suits for my chars, also weapons for the next big thing to kill. He hardly ever hunted, didnt seem to like being around alot of people via a guild. But he liked to hear the stories of the hunts I would take and we were friends.

I think he was the riches and highest earning player on UO id ever met.

So WhiteknightBC is my pick.

But id guess anyone who spends time collecting rares or such might fit here aswell. How much you got now Restless? lol

B

Blade_Thugluv

Multani and Wraith have a point. Who cares who has the most gold or items just go have fun. Also IMHO threads like this make people targets to be hacked.

~Blade

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I briefly had 1.2 billion last year in gold checks. Mostly from idocs and selling event loot.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm about to hit 9 years with this game on my first account. The wealth of friendship, family and adventure that I've taken from this game, far outweighs any monetary value.

I've developed a relationship with my uncle who I never really even spoke with except for holidays. Now, for the past 7 years we've been close friends, just because of this game, and he is the eternal newbie.

I've met people from all over the world, yet wouldn't recognize them if they walked up to me on the street.

In closing I'd like to say that all of the gold in UO is mine for the taking, and I thank you all for holding it for me until I see fit to take it from you. Long live Pirate Roberts.

PR Luffs Llama's... (LooT)!

S

SirButch

Ive been playing the game for at least 9 years now and gold has changed alot. Back in the day, if you had a mill you were rich. Ive had over 600mill at times and close to a mill a times. Im not one to collect gold. Im sure if i sold everything i own, i could be wealthy. But ive been collecting items since day one, always been a pack rat and always will be. Hanging out with people, doing spawns, waiting and chatting at idocs, thats where the wealth is.