who has 20 finger on one hand???

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
D

Der Rock

why i get more and more the impression that UO
was build for scripter/cheater, IS build for scripter/cheater, and will always BE for scripter/cheater :(

those player who will post :
"hey, i am better then you,because i have 20 fingers on one hand by birth"
for those player it will be "EASY" to play "UO" for sure :(

come on, who in the world can use "effective" more then 6-8 macros on keybord

i would prefer SKILLS that work, and more logic on skills then more and more
consumables wich are combat pivotal(right word? not sure :) )

Dev´s you confuse player more and more, not even the longest veteran player can remember all these things we have to consider about.

to much consumables and in the near future complete destructible armor

looks like a bright future, if u have to spent the biggest part of your daily playtime for prepare youreself :(

let alone, to know and remember and use effective what you waer and bear

2 examples :
what you do if your sash(replica) with 10 lrc vanish?? youre whole LRC armor is useless??
or
resisting spells skill, is what?? a skill????? how many consumables we have for to compensate the lack of this "skill"?? why not simply fix this skill and make it like it should be?
thats only 2 examples from tons of possibles

i am the only one???? :(

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
The macro set I use for my characters that use magery has about 45 macros in it assigned to various combinations of keyboard letters, numbers, or function keys and the Alt or Control key. The macro set for my characters that don't use magery generally only has 33 macros in it. Either set of macros grows a bit if the character uses other skills such as bushido, ninjitsu, spellweaving, necromancy, stealing, remove trap, taming, tracking, peacemaking, discord, or provocation.

L

Lord Kynd

anyone who can memorize more than that. i have memorized and use easily over 50.
thats what i am talking about there, and OMG if you loose your amcro's .. your lost untill you reset them up..

some characters i have have 1-2 macro's.. others have lots more ( 10+)
and i am not to sure whats wrong with JC keyboard but between the normal abcdefg...
you also have ctrl button and the Alt button to use so that tripples your macro capabilities..
and if you think thats cool :p you should go buy one of them gammer keyboards and a gamer mouse also they add even more macro capabilities.

oh and guess what.. all done with zero cheating :)

L

Lord Kynd

The macro set I use for my characters that use magery has about 45 macros in it assigned to various combinations of keyboard letters, numbers, or function keys and the Alt or Control key. The macro set for my characters that don't use magery generally only has 33 macros in it. Either set of macros grows a bit if the character uses other skills such as bushido, ninjitsu, spellweaving, necromancy, stealing, remove trap, taming, tracking, peacemaking, discord, or provocation.

hrmm magery spells + spellweaving spells + tamer macro's
i would say my mage by far has the most out of my characters.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
come on, who in the world can use "effective" more then 6-8 macros on keybord
*raises hand*

And I know there are plenty out there who can. Infact, I have at least 30 macros on one character. You know, memory goes a long way. At least for some. It really isn't that hard. You should try it sometime. (using macros on a keyboard) I am perfectly effective as well.
Oh, keep in mind, you usually hit one macro at a time. Therefore you probably use two or three fingers for that, not twenty.

5% Luck

WHAT!!!!!.................OMG.......

q-t 5

a-g 5

z-v 4

5+5+4 =14

14 x alt ctrl& shoft is 32

than f1-f12 44 macros

oh and 1-10 54 macro

I keep my thumb on the alt key and span out my pointer to the T key

Pinky on the shift and a slight swivel to get my pinky on the ctrl key!

54 macros and then theres the non combat macros on the numberpad or combos of ****-alt or ctrl -alt literaly hundreds of possibilitys! Plus the other side of the keyboard. Oh umm another 32 macros!

The pinky shift was tough to get down how I did it was to play some FPS games and leave the auto run offf and used my pinky to sprint.

GL if ya dont think the keyboard is a superior instrument to a lame paddle controller I dont know why you ont on a platform system. I play platform controllers with just my left hand! Since its like having a hand tied behinf my back anyhow!

just remeber alt= magery ctrl = necromancy and shift= spellweaving!

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
I have a Logitech G15. 18 fully-assignable macro keys with three on-the-fly changeable profiles.

Guess where all my macros are :D

D

Der Rock

the question is how many macros can used effective,
i did not ask how many macros you can have on the keybord.sure i also have char. with multiple macros.
again, during a battle, how many macros can used?
and i mean NOT lazy tamers or player who only fight from the 3rd line, if the monster has enough targets :(

hey, the player who posted q-t,a-g,y-b, and str. 30 macros and more,
are you right hander ? if so , i dont think that you can use all those macros in battle, WITHOUT a look on the keyboard.

and for some other poster,no need to swagger here.it is ergonomic impossible !

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
the question is how many macros can used effective,
i did not ask how many macros you can have on the keybord.sure i also have char. with multiple macros.
again, during a battle, how many macros can used?
and i mean NOT lazy tamers or player who only fight from the 3rd line, if the monster has enough targets :(

hey, the player who posted q-t,a-g,y-b, and str. 30 macros and more,
are you right hander ? if so , i dont think that you can use all those macros in battle, WITHOUT a look on the keyboard.

and for some other poster,no need to swagger here.it is ergonomic impossible !
I think everyone here can use these macros effectively, otherwise we wouldn't even have those macros to being with, lol, and it can even be done with 50 macros, all it is is being able to remember which is which. After using the macros so many times and playing for so long, you automatically know which macro is which without even having to look. It's like typing a password in for so many years or typing for 10 years. You know where all the keys are without having to look. It's simply a process of repeating over and over. Macros CAN be used effectively in UO. If you can manage to post in UO Hall without having to rant in your message, you will get many replies stating that.

D

Der Rock

I think everyone here can use these macros effectively, otherwise we wouldn't even have those macros to being with, lol, and it can even be done with 50 macros, all it is is being able to remember which is which. After using the macros so many times and playing for so long, you automatically know which macro is which without even having to look. It's like typing a password in for so many years or typing for 10 years. You know where all the keys are without having to look. It's simply a process of repeating over and over. Macros CAN be used effectively in UO. If you can manage to post in UO Hall without having to rant in your message, you will get many replies stating that.
in a game where most of the player are cheater a little rant should be alowed.
and no, i dont beliefe that.
i asked around (10 other player f.e. WoW player) max effective use of macros are around 6-10 with regular keyboard(with G11 keyboard or others, 18 macros are easy to handle)
however, for example 4 waepon macros, 4+potions macros,5-6 spell macros(incl.SpMoves)
is to push the envelope. and with the comming extension of consumables i dont beliefe average player can manage more effective, those with"20 finger on one hand"(scripter)
can. :(

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
I have dozens upon dozens of macros across 18 characters.

I can handle them all flawlessly.

But I've been playing the same characters for years with macros that rarely change much.

A

Altec

If you just use the keypad like i do you still have 16 easy macro keys to hit. I also use to little set of six next to it with the home and end keys in it. And F1 to F8, plus F9 for vent. so 30 keys. not impossible, becomes second nature, if you have to think about where ur keys are you have already lost, even if you were to run a speeder. Practice, practice, practice.

And for the wow comment wow has more macros then that set up automaticly for you so how ever told you that has no idea what they are doing. Remember alot of us have played for 10 years or better. If you worked a job for 10 years I would hope you would get better at it.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
I'm only at 9 as of this upcoming February :(

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
in a game where most of the player are cheater a little rant should be alowed.
and no, i dont beliefe that.
i asked around (10 other player f.e. WoW player) max effective use of macros are around 6-10 with regular keyboard(with G11 keyboard or others, 18 macros are easy to handle)
however, for example 4 waepon macros, 4+potions macros,5-6 spell macros(incl.SpMoves)
is to push the envelope. and with the comming extension of consumables i dont beliefe average player can manage more effective, those with"20 finger on one hand"(scripter)
can. :(
Well then perhaps it's just that you can't manage that many macros by yourself. I believe it's completely possible. Making a mage typically means creating a lot of macros for spells and whatever skills that may require additional macros.
But seriously, post this back in UO Hall without sounding like a ranting maniac and get some more feedback, it isn't hard. For example, it's only your first post here that even has any rant, so clearly it's possible.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Oh, I neglected to mention my "natural advantage" in my last post - I'm left handed, and operate the mouse with my right, so my left hand is pretty well free to dance across the keyboard and focus on my macro keys

M

mr.blackmage

i'm not left handed, but I've been using a keyboard for 16 years.

Der, if you can type on the keyboard without looking, then you can have macros bound to any key/s that you want. If you can't, then you will have difficulty. Typing is mostly muscle memory, your fingers know what your brain wants them to do, so they do it. I can not play UO for 3 years (I've done it) and while if I thought about it, I can't remember my macros, I could play and still hit them without troubles, because my muscles remembered how to do it.

Try taking a typing course, or some memory courses. Mage dueling would not exist if people were incapable of memorizing things.

D

Divster

OMG yes it is all so clear now, all those typists must be using scripts to touchtype! I knew they couldn't use more than 5 keys without looking down at the keyboard!!!!! BAN THE SECRETARY HAXXORS

D

Der Rock

Try taking a typing course, or some memory courses. Mage dueling would not exist if people were incapable of memorizing things.

Divster said:
BAN THE SECRETARY HAXXORS
In our house lives 50+years of bookkeeping,secretarial work and financial management,
3 familie members who are trained on typewriter :)

also,our son arrange periodical Lan-parties (4-8 player)

so,we are not untrained :)

i dont ask how many macros somebody can have on the keyboard.
the question is still, how many keys you can handle effective in the heat of a battle.

and i doubt,someone can (with one hand permanent on the mouse) jump blind over the whole keyboard,without mistyp
i dont talk here about people who play 24hx7dx12mx10y :)
i talk about average player

i still affirm,if 2D Servers would be closed tomorrow,that most 2D players would be out of the race,because their loved "running in background scripts " would no longer exist. :)

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
I can handle a good 60-70 before I start having to think about them.

A

Arch Magus

I use lots of macros effectively.

qwerty
asdfgh
zxcvbn

Alt +
asdfg
xcvb

All of these are battle macros, on a mage.
Dexxer takes significantly less.

Just hold your hand at the keyboard like you're typing Der.
No problem if you know how to type. :scholar::blushing:

K

Kiminality

If you use a Logitech Gaming keyboard with the G-keys, then you've got 18 (the new G15 build is dead to me).
If you switch between the alternate M-sets, then you have 54 (3*18).
Then, 12 F-keys on a normal keyboard, which are easier to use, because they're split into banks of keys.

Ability to deal with complexity does not equate to an illegal third-party crutch.

M

mr.blackmage

In our house lives 50+years of bookkeeping,secretarial work and financial management,

the question is still, how many keys you can handle effective in the heat of a battle.

and i doubt,someone can (with one hand permanent on the mouse) jump blind over the whole keyboard,without mistyp

i still affirm,if 2D Servers would be closed tomorrow,that most 2D players would be out of the race,because their loved "running in background scripts " would no longer exist. :)
The great think about UO's combat system is it doesn't really matter if you hit the wrong key or not. Take example my macros, I use f1-f10, []\;',./ with some shifts and alts thrown in, =-09, and other random macros on the left side of the keyboard. - and 0 are both little heal macros, because I stopped playing for a long time and kept hitting the wrong key. I've never used scripts, and I can honestly say that no one that HAS used scripts has had a remote chance in heck of beating me. I agree that script use has increased with the realization that even though it is against the TOS, they will never be banned for it. And yeah, the client has nothing to do with scripting. I know dozens of people have told you this, but I'm telling you now too. Unless EA actually implements a method to prevent it, it doesn't matter what client the player is using.

FYI, I can type ~100-120 wpm, and greatly more than that when we're talking about using the numberpad. Considering the most macros I will hit is 4/second ((that's 4 keystrokes, or about 240 strokes/minute) (taking into account mage pvp, low level spells and interrupts)), there's quite awhile to go until it's too much for me.

What you should probably understand is that it's more due to reaction speed. I think the average is around 25ms for most humans, but some can achieve ~15ms (incredibly fast, think fighter pilots), and some are slower. It isn't a fair world :(

edit: If you can't memorize what keys to use and when in a UO combat system, I highly doubt you would ever be able to sucessfully obtain a university or college degree. It's just practice, repetition... It makes the world go 'round. (although I HATE repetition in calculus >_> )

A

Arch Magus

Christ ,you are so full of ****.

So, somebody killed you, you made a rant here about how it's impossible to have that many macros and you got flamed for it.

you are pathetic. loll

D

Der Rock

Christ ,you are so full of ****.

So, somebody killed you, you made a rant here about how it's impossible to have that many macros and you got flamed for it.

you are pathetic. loll
Jesus,.....as long as UO has not punkbuster , i am not pathetic

i know it is easy to use 100 key´s at the same time, as long as a bot prog.do this for the loser.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
You are officially too dumb to post here.

Get out.

M

mr.blackmage

Does the fact that I have over 80 passwords for my job memorized make me a hacker of some sort? Because passwords of 10+ characters of alphanumeric and caps lock is a lot harder to rememeber than keys for a game.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Must be nice, finding the spot where you can troll and not get moderated for it. ;)
That would be the other OT.

I'm definitely likely to get smacked by Hans when he reads that. :p

Hiru

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 8, 2005
I personally use about 20+ macros per TooN.

I like most seasoned players learned to use our macros by trial and error.

Also, when I am dealt a spanking I will not spend hours of time accusing others of "cheating" or "Wrong Doing". I practice, change a few macros and move on with the fun.

I invite you to ask any one of these pvp'rs to assist you with becoming more familiar with pvp (or using proper macros), I assure you most of them are more then willing to help (players you accuse of being cheaters).

I am sure with practice you will too become a master at your macros and pvp... I am 100% positive once you have found this fun and enjoyable you will be offended when someone calls you a cheater because you out witted them.

Good Luck and remember to have fun... that's what we are all here to do!

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Yeah, the few times I've done anything more than self-defense PvP, after the fight it always turned into a nice long chat about tactics, because... get this.... People who do hardcore PvP want BETTER people to fight.

I just want people to leave lots of shiny uninsured things in their packs and not pay attention. :3

Hiru

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 8, 2005
Yeah, the few times I've done anything more than self-defense PvP, after the fight it always turned into a nice long chat about tactics, because... get this.... People who do hardcore PvP want BETTER people to fight.

I just want people to leave lots of shiny uninsured things in their packs and not pay attention. :3
HAHA! I will put items in my pack from time to time as a bonus for killing me. Funny thing is 90% of the time players try and give it back. I guess armor and items can be returned if they fall from a bug... but even then it's more fun trying to create a suit than defending a suit. ~ my two cents.

L

Limlight

Well...let me see...On my mage Limlight.

Spells:
Teleport, Explosion, Flamestrike, Ebolt, Harm, Pain Spike, Heal, Cure, Greater Heal, Energy Vortex, Invisible, Paralyze, Essence of Wind.

Skills:
Meditation, Spirit Speak

Speach:
All Kill, All Follow Me, All Guard Me, I wish to release this, I wish to lock this down, I wish to secure this, Guards - Call the Bank and tell them the news, Recdu Recsu Loot Loot, Vendor look, Vendor buy, Vendor sell

Specials:
Disarm, Paralyze Blow

Virtues:
Champs and Protection.

Quotes:
You just got owned by Limlight...the victory cigar of Ultima Online!,
1vs1...owned.... (ignore the 9 guys who ganked you)

Those are off the top of my head...so:
Atleast 32