• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Who’s going to be your Botswain? Or is it Boatswain? We went old school since Britannia is...

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who’s going to be your Botswain? Or is it Boatswain? We went old school since Britannia is definitely old school cool! Get your new Rising Tide rewards April 1st!

Continue reading...

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Who’s going to be your Botswain? Or is it Boatswain? We went old school since Britannia is definitely old school cool! Get your new Rising Tide rewards April 1st!

Continue reading...
This has April Fools written all over it... Botswana maybe? Lol :p

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Boatswain is a real title, though I'm not sure I've ever seen it spelled 'botswain'.

I just want Captain. My upstanding and absolutely legitimate sailor is no powder monkey or bo(a)tswain!

:arr:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ship's boatswain. In the U.S. Navy the ship's boatswain is an officer who assists the first lieutenant by supervising the deck force in the execution of major seamanship functions and the maintenance of topside gear. The ship's boatswain supervises cargo handling and inspects and maintains rigging and deck gear.

So a cannon and a title. What about the pet!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I"ve been scuttling and taking the lives of Dread Pirates since High Seas came out, and the first title given to people will be Botswain ? wth

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
boats, captained by bots, botswain? makes sense somehow. i havent done any of the high seas stuff, but heard the way the chests work you need 8 people (or one player and 7 "bots" to maximize your chests. so maybe they were poking fun at that? knowing there will be lots of "bots" on board?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've seen Boatswain or even Bo'sun but not Botswain. The need to check these things first.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I was a Snipe... I didn't care how they spelled it or said it... all I knew was them Deck Apes and us Snipes were meeting up every Saturday in the Tank Deck to fight for the hell of it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who’s going to be your Botswain? Or is it Boatswain? We went old school since Britannia is definitely old school cool!
Hopefully more titles forthcoming.
Boatswain, Master Gunner, Master Carpenter, etc are Standing Officer (SO) equivalent ranks.

SO Base Template:
Archery/Throwing
Tactics
Chivalry
Alchemy
Blacksmithing
Carpentry
Tailoring

All the basics to outfit and operate a galleon.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just as long as it isn't Fatso from "Cap'n Fatso" (a hilarious book by a retired admiral, about a very unorthodox Boatswain's mate 2C).