• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whirlwind + hit spell

T

Turdnugget

Curious if you have a whirlwind weapon, with say Hit Fireball on it. When you use that special, does it have a chance to throw a fireball at multiple enemies? Or just your main target?

I've got a radiant scimi with hit lightning/hit energy area, but have never paid attention to whether or not hit lightning hits more than one mob.

Thanks

Oh also, what about HLD? If you use whirlwind with a HLD weapon/glasses, does it have a chance to proc HLD on all the mobs it hits?

C

Connor_Graham

Yes to both questions. Just like you can also leech from everything you hit.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow.. so if you have a radiant scimitar with say... hit fire area... when you whirlwind attack, it will set off the hit fire area with every target hit?

Talk about crowd control...

C

Connor_Graham

Wow.. so if you have a radiant scimitar with say... hit fire area... when you whirlwind attack, it will set off the hit fire area with every target hit?

Talk about crowd control...
Imagine this with whirlwind:

Hit Mana Leech 62
Hit Lightning 42
Hit Lower Defense 40
Hit Stamina Leech 36
DCI 6
DI 40

:D

T

Turdnugget

Quit gloating Connor =)

I've got one similar... not as great but...

Hit Energy Area 48
Hit Lightning 46
FC 1
Hit Mana 52
DI 42ish

Would the M&S glasses still HLD even though it's not on the weapon but using whirlwind?

C

Connor_Graham

Yeah, it would still go off. That would do a lot of damage with that double hit spell.

S

Stupid Miner

Quit gloating Connor =)

I've got one similar... not as great but...

Hit Energy Area 48
Hit Lightning 46
FC 1
Hit Mana 52
DI 42ish

Would the M&S glasses still HLD even though it's not on the weapon but using whirlwind?
yours is better than connors, and yes the glasses work.

T

Turdnugget

Cool beans. I just never paid attention to it when using whirlwind w/that scimitar.

Now if only I had a radiant w/HLA too... be great for taking on the DF tucked in a corner and HLA all his cohorts =)

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool beans. I just never paid attention to it when using whirlwind w/that scimitar.

Now if only I had a radiant w/HLA too... be great for taking on the DF tucked in a corner and HLA all his cohorts =)
*Strategically* tucked into a corner. :D

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whirlwind with a titan's hammer works wonders in choke points. :D
All of those hit areas compiling on top of each other and regular hits.. mmm.mmmmm I love a busted grinder.

R

RichDC

So let me get my head round this...

If say with titans hammer:

you whirlwind each person (say 5) for 15 damage
100% hit area so each person gets hit 5 times with energy area right???

so thats what 90ish (15 per hit) damage a whirlwind?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So let me get my head round this...

If say with titans hammer:

you whirlwind each person (say 5) for 15 damage
100% hit area so each person gets hit 5 times with energy area right???

so thats what 90ish (15 per hit) damage a whirlwind?
In one swing each person would get hit for 15 damage (as an arbitrary number) from the War Hammer. And yes, each person would also get hit 5 times with energy damage (lets just say 5 damage).

After one swing each person that is aggrod to you and within range would be dealt 40 damage.

There is also damage modifier with Whirlwind where the more people the more damage so those numbers aren't in any way accurate on the damage dealt. Just example numbers to see how the damage stacks.

I'd like to see a group of like 3 stealthers with those hammers and bushido stealth up to a group of reds or blues and quickly one shot the whole guild
that would be loltastic.

T

Turdnugget

hehe...I wish there was a feature that you could see other stealthed members in your party. To coordinate such tactics a lot easier =)

I've thought about a pure chokepoint template made especially for those occassions with a scimitar like mine and just spam whirlwind at dropdowns and choke points.

Now I gotta find more Dark Sapphires to make more twinklies to get one with the HLA/HSL/HML that I want.

T

Turdnugget

Ya, I use it... but sometimes unless you're really zoomed in you can't see how close they are, not to mention any slight lag in UOAM refreshing could thwart your plans :lick:

It'd still be nice to have though.