• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Which mod for me?

S

Splup

Hello,

I'm new to SA client, and it still doesn't offer everything I need but I give it a try once in a while, and maybe I could use it in PvM.

I would like to have Legacy like health bars, I find those SA very thin health bars hard to target.

I need to see "hidden powerwords", meaning the way I see in UO-A, for Example Kal Vas Flam [Flame Strike].

I got this Legacy II skin and I like the way it looks, but it lacks these both. Could someone help me? I'm really newbie with this new client.

I quess there still is no target queue, or a way to make mounting macro without the new targeting system?

Edit: Is there a way to make Mounting macro with Legacy targeting?

Is there a way to make dismount macro say All Follow Me after dismounting?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the "hidden powerwords"...
Go to:
http://uo.modders-exchange.net/modpackaging

Download OverheadSpellTransform and OverheadSpellTransform_Mixed.
Extract both of these into the Mods directory of your Legacy II skin folder so that your directories look something like...
Legacy II/Mods/
Legacy II/Mods/OverheadSpellTransform
Legacy II/Mods/OverheadSpellTransform/OverheadSpellTransform.lua
Legacy II/Mods/OverheadSpellTransform/OverheadSpellTransform.mod
Legacy II/Mods/OverheadSpellTransform_Mixed
Legacy II/Mods/OverheadSpellTransform_Mixed/OverheadSpellTransformMixed.lua
Legacy II/Mods/OverheadSpellTransform_Mixed/OverheadSpellTransformMixed.mod

Hopefully there will be a mod available soon that lets you pick between showing english, both english and the words of power, the words of power as normal, or nothing for all spells (which could then be added to Legacy II/Copper Enhanced/etc by default without making anybody mad)... but for now you need to get and add in the mods yourself.

As for the legacy health bars... I don't know of anybody who has made a mod or skin that does that.

For target queue, no.

For mounting macro, it should be possible to create one... but I don't have time to figure it out right now. You may need to use the new targeting system to set up the macro (which will need to be re-done whenever you get a new mount), but once the macro is setup it should function with legacy targeting.
Anybody have time to try making a pair of commands for this (assuming somebody doesn't already have one made... I vaguely remember somebody mentioning one before)? Should be one to get the ID of the mount, and one to use the mount.

P

pgcd

For mounting macro, it should be possible to create one... but I don't have time to figure it out right now. You may need to use the new targeting system to set up the macro (which will need to be re-done whenever you get a new mount), but once the macro is setup it should function with legacy targeting.
My remount macro is extremely simple:
All Follow Me
Delay 0.1
Select Nearest Follower
Use Selected Object

It works fine, but you need to retarget whatever you're attacking when you're done.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
All Follow Me
Delay 0.1
Select Nearest Follower
Use Selected Object

It works fine, but you need to retarget whatever you're attacking when you're done.
thats mine to ;-)

S

Splup

All Follow Me
Delay 0.1
Select Nearest Follower
Use Selected Object

I can't get that to work with Legacy targeting.

I made macro:

All Follow Me
Delay 0,1
Target Nearest Follower
Use Targeted Object

(I quess that's what you meant, atleast I could not find Select Nearest Followee?)

Works fine when I have UOSA targeting on, but with Legacy targeting it does not work.

Also I made dismount macro

Dismount (Credit goes to Gildar!)
Create Macro
Command> script UserActionUseItem(WindowData.PlayerStatus.PlayerId ,false)

Why I can't make it to say All Follow Me after that?

I tried making the macro like:

Command etc.
All Follow Me
All Follow Me

Also tried to put delay after Command put did not help. Also tried to replace All Follow Me with say: All Follow Me, but doesn't work.

Any ideas?

S

Splup

For the "hidden powerwords"...
Go to:
http://uo.modders-exchange.net/modpackaging

Download OverheadSpellTransform and OverheadSpellTransform_Mixed.
Extract both of these into the Mods directory of your Legacy II skin folder so that your directories look something like...
Legacy II/Mods/
Legacy II/Mods/OverheadSpellTransform
Legacy II/Mods/OverheadSpellTransform/OverheadSpellTransform.lua
Legacy II/Mods/OverheadSpellTransform/OverheadSpellTransform.mod
Legacy II/Mods/OverheadSpellTransform_Mixed
Legacy II/Mods/OverheadSpellTransform_Mixed/OverheadSpellTransformMixed.lua
Legacy II/Mods/OverheadSpellTransform_Mixed/OverheadSpellTransformMixed.mod

Hopefully there will be a mod available soon that lets you pick between showing english, both english and the words of power, the words of power as normal, or nothing for all spells (which could then be added to Legacy II/Copper Enhanced/etc by default without making anybody mad)... but for now you need to get and add in the mods yourself.
Thanks works fine!

Too bad no spellnames for Mysticism spells yet :)

F

Fink

Dismount (Credit goes to Gildar!)
Create Macro
Command> script UserActionUseItem(WindowData.PlayerStatus.PlayerId ,false)

Why I can't make it to say All Follow Me after that?
I think the macro stops after doing anything that relates to gumps. At least this has been my experience.

If it's intentional, then it's probably to stop us from automating certain actions that are usually achieved through illegal third party scripts. However, some of these are still possible with UO:Assist so I don't know why that would be disallowed.