• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which instruments to use in Doom for a provoker?

M

mookin1

Flute of renewel with demon or undead slaying, or even one of each? How good is the renewel anyway?

Or iolo`s lute which has both demon and undead slaying.

I

imported_Fran Fury

I don't think it matters which instrument. Only what the slayer property is on it. I lost my demon renewal flute during the Magincia battle...I thought I was keeping a better eye on it, apparently not.

I

imported_Farsight

Iolo's lute. It has both demon and undead slayer properties and 1600 charges.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the flute of renewal dont 'renew' very fast at all, and if the course of a night youd kill it.

i personally just run with a GM EX instrament.

but when i actually remember i bring a iolo`s lute just cause they are cheap and they do everything down there.

G

I use lolo's Lute for all rooms except 2, in which I just use a GM Exp Tambourine. The renewal flutes are nice, but don't re-new as long as you have them on you (they need to be locked in bank box or a secure container to renew themselves). I log my bard in Doom, so the renewal flutes don't do me any good. I do use demon and undead slayers if I find them as regular loot off monsters to save my Lute uses. People still get pissed at me for provoking on the Dark Father
makes 'em drop target.