• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which expansion to buy?

• Thread starter Rameshtra
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

Rameshtra

I have a Samurai Empire account but I haven't played in years - which expansion do I need to buy to get access to the new areas and stuff? Can I just upgrade to Kingdom Reborn or do I need Mondain's Legacy too?
Thanks!

Z

zahbaz

Hey, you can just download both free - no need to buy.

Check out the downloads bar on the right margin of uo.stratics.com main page. Both Mondain and KR are right there at the bottom.

R

Rameshtra

But I would like to upgrade my existing account, not start a new one. So I just get an upgrade code for Mondain's Legacy then?

Z

zahbaz

That's just what I did less than a week ago.

https://account.ea.com/myacct/uo/uo-hub.jsp?skin=uo

Just download a client, make sure it's operational, and then visit the above link. The right hand side allows you to modify your old account and reactivate it.

I've installed KR, and yet to visit the new places...it works alright... a little buggy, but with some tweaking it's running alright. I'm going to install the Mondain client and run that to compare soon...

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To have this correct.

UO:KR is the clients name.

Clients are old 2D one or KR one.
Clients can be downloadd for free.

Last Expansion is UO:Mondain Legacy for both clients.

Next expansion UO:SA will also replace the KR client. (Its a upgraded KR client)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Frarc: Also don't forget...

If you can find a 9th Anniversary Box, it will upgrade through Mondain's Legacy.

T

T_Amon_from_work

KR is an unfinished work. Allegedly it is to get revamped into the Stygian Abyss (SA) client. It doesn't work well on some systems but works REAL well on others. The KR forum here has lots of folks who are experienced in KR and will help ... plus a custom UI or two are available.

Lucius1997

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The most affordable route would be to buy the 9th or 10th anniversary "collection" as stated earlier. They will upgrade your account through ML-- which otherwise, may cost you a decent amount more. Hopefully you can still find an unused copy somewhere.. maybe check with your local Gamestop?

R

Rameshtra

Thanks for all the replies. I think with the low value of the Dollar (playing from EU) the cheapest option for me would be to just get a ML code from uogamecodes.com for $30 and patch the game up from Samurai Empire, then I can also still use UOAssist - or does that work with KR too?

B

Banner

Yes UOAssist still works. As for you upgrading If you can wait and check out GameStop for the 9th or 10th anni you will get some cool stuff.. Thats what I did, I bought the 9th anni and got the shadow and crystal stuff.... Now just waiting on the 11th anni to come out...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
UOAssist doesn't work with KR. However, it has a nice built-in macro system and things like the ability to auto-loot items from an open corpse by right clickign the items you want, and dress & arm macros that are instantaneous, unlike the UOA ones that take about a a half-second to a second per item.

E

Effect

When SA comes out, if you have the Kingdome Reborn client will you be able to upgrade to the new client or will you only get that if you buy SA?