• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which dye tubs to match the BOD colors?

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
probably a mix of the metallic cloth tub and special dye tub? tinker is definitely true black tub hehe

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I suspect Trackstar was able to use the get hue function of decorating tool herself and look up the hues.

So the results are probably not what she was asking, I’m guessing she wanted to know the closest match, considering most of the ones Petra posted don’t have an actual dye tub or dye other than the bow craft, inscription, and cooking.

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I do this as well, I use the Hooded Robe of Umbra for my tailor/bowcraft vendors (of course a lot of them don't have it yet hehe and I thought about doing the leathers in the colors like spined (see photo)) and I was going to use the Hooded Shroud of Shadows for Tinkering but I just found hooded robes and dyed them pure black instead. I know it's not a perfect match but I think it's pretty close. I got the yellow/orange (cooking/carpentry) pretty close with the special dye tub. If you vendor search hooded robe, especially on Atlantic Vendor Search there are some colors that match Alchemy pretty well. For Blacksmith you could get hooded robes and just dye them to default, it will make the gray color. For Inscription I use the Zento Orchid Natural Dye. I also sometimes dress a vendor in bright pink, and that's the one I am currently working on, so I can come back to it easily. Also I know not everyone may like the hooded robes, but I just found that to be an easier and quicker way, but obviously I have not finished this project! :)

Attachments

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can dye the hooded Robe from Eodon also. Can get as many as you want. They look the same.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was interested in this idea, so I've done some experimenting. Here's my results
Screenshot 2023-06-15 132223.png
Alchemy - hue 2502 metalic cloth tub, using Jennifer-Marie's resource, linked by @Melchiar above
Bowcraft - hue 1421 special dye tub, forest green, using that resource again
Blacksmith - hue 1102 can't be made - but comparing the hues in uoreader I got: hue 1102.png hue 805.png hue 1102 compared to hue 805.
805 can be got with a regular npc dye tub like this: hue805.jpg Brightness pushed over to below the SS, second lot up, first column, as shown by the white squares.
Cooking - hue 1169 bod reward cloth, luckily I have a couple of k in all bod colours.
Carpentry - hue 1512 can't be got, but 1503 is a special dye tub colour. Here's the comparrison hue 1512.png hue 1503.png 1512 compared to 1503.
Inscription - hue 2598 Metalic cloth tub, Jennifer-Marie again.
Tailor - hue 1155 Bod reward cloth
Tinker - hue 1109 Shadow Dancer Black - Tokuno dye, can only be used on arties. So. Comparing hue 1109.png hue 897.png 1109 with 897
897 can be gotten with the regular dye tub like this: hue897.jpg Brightness at default, second square up, far right, as show by the white square.

(if anyone on Eurpoa wants these items, or similar, I kept each dye tub set, so I can make sets of surcoats, robes or whatever.)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
im adding this to my folder much better version !