• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where's the code that makes certain windows transparent?

Nalif

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to track this down while making a skin of mine, and for the life of me, I can't seem to find it. Is it in the LUA somewhere maybe? Namely, I'm talking about the following windows:

Backpack in grid mode
Main Menu
Top portion of the map window
The BG of the paperdoll window

I'm looking at the code of the default skin BTW. Thanks for any help :)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

For window background, the alpha setting (transparency/opaqueness) is in the UO_DefaultWindow.LUA file, line 20:

Code:
-- OnInitialize Handler
function UO_DefaultWindow.Initialize()
[b]WindowSetAlpha(SystemData.ActiveWindow.name.."_UO_DefaultWindowBackground", 1;[/b]
end
With 1 being fully opaque and 0.xx being the percentage of transparency.

Nalif

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

For window background, the alpha setting (transparency/opaqueness) is in the UO_DefaultWindow.LUA file, line 20:

Code:
-- OnInitialize Handler
function UO_DefaultWindow.Initialize()
[b]WindowSetAlpha(SystemData.ActiveWindow.name.."_UO_DefaultWindowBackground", 1;[/b]
end
With 1 being fully opaque and 0.xx being the percentage of transparency.
Awesome. That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks :)