• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where To Go ?

Bitz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
so oceania is dead and i cant see it getting back to the old population

What shard is playable wif a decent population for us Aussies ?

Thinking of xfering but not sure where to .

Anyone else play on other shards ?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been looking myself as thinking of returning, however the ping to all other shards is pretty bad in comparison. Ran around a few to test, but yes, it is dead here, however it will never get better if everyone moves lol.

I am still not decided if i will return to play, certainly will not operate 5 accounts like I once did, however, still considering just one. Unless I can get the high seas booster tho will not commit as right now I can't even buy one copy to test it out.

That is one thing that I guess is guaranteed with UO, totally inept business practices and abysmal customer service.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try using a program called lowerping if you want to try other shards. It's pretty good. $7 a month tho :-( but totally worth it of you want to play on another shard

Bitz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
yes lowerping seems to be good i can actually run around on pacific LOL

think ill set up some chars there an see how i go

thanx for the info :)

S

Samsung Man

Heres an idea: everyone who is either thinking of coming back or is using this lowerping thing should just play on Oceania then there would actually be some people playing on the shard.

Oceania will never have enough players if everyone just runs away from it to other shards. The only way to fix Oceania's lack of players is for people to actually play on Oceania. It's stating the bleeding obvious but some people dont seem to get it. They think they can run off and that other players will fix the problem for them. Every player that leaves Oceania for another shard means that there will be even less left, which makes it even more unattractive to new/returning players.

In short, if you want to help Oceania die, then use lowerping/play on another shard. This is not a way to fix Oceania, anyone using this program or playing another shard is a major part of the problem so if your looking for someone to blame for there being no players you know who to point the finger at.

Althalus -VKR-

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Decided to move over to Pacific my self as well, since trying lowerping, does wonders to my ping. Going to probably play both shards, as I cant afford to xshard 14 characters.. lol

V

Von Dagger

I have come back to Oceania in the last 2 weeks, was here when it first opened, and yes it's quiet. But there are some people around if you want to make the effort to find them. I will be looking for a guild and some friends when I built my crafting chars to be able to look after myself. So if you're out there, and still playing Oceania, then look me up, or PM me.

Von Dagger.

P

Piccolo(UO:R)

x sharding to Star Wars: Old Republic in Feb
I tried playing Star Wars The Old Republic for a fortnight. It's WOW with star wars artwork. It's basically a single player game with a chat box in the left hand corner like all modern mmo's. I will admit its fun for a couple of week's though, but that's because they've developed a plot for each of their classes. So, it's like playing The Old Republic except with a annoying kids in the chat.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May I remind people that the promotion of freeshards is not allowed on these boards?

P

Piccolo(UO:R)

Heres an idea: everyone who is either thinking of coming back or is using this lowerping thing should just play on Oceania then there would actually be some people playing on the shard.

Oceania will never have enough players if everyone just runs away from it to other shards. The only way to fix Oceania's lack of players is for people to actually play on Oceania. It's stating the bleeding obvious but some people dont seem to get it. They think they can run off and that other players will fix the problem for them. Every player that leaves Oceania for another shard means that there will be even less left, which makes it even more unattractive to new/returning players.

In short, if you want to help Oceania die, then use lowerping/play on another shard. This is not a way to fix Oceania, anyone using this program or playing another shard is a major part of the problem so if your looking for someone to blame for there being no players you know who to point the finger at.
You have a good point but I don't think the small number of players thinking about xsharding can re-populate Oceania. I think it would be more beneficial for players to communicate on which shard to xfer to, put aside any differences they had on Oceania, and form some sort of "Aussie" guild or community on said shard. I know to some it may sound pessimistic, but I prefer realistic. Considering the cost of playing UO I hardly think the additional $7 is going to hurt. Anyway, what's the difference between playing on a server named "Oceania" or "Pacific" or "Atlantic" if a legal 3rd party program can improve connectivity?