• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where is the discussion on the new faction info?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a rather lengthy description on what is being worked on in regards to factions yet not a single topic about it on the faction forum?

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=177694

It is nice they are finally doing something about the scoring problem. But it sounds like they are going to screw it all up with a new system and opening factions on every facet. It doesn't make much sense to overhaul a system that works (scoring), when other areas are more important. Maybe adding some incentives back for controlling towns? What does scoring matter when nobody cares about participating in faction related activities anyway!

M

McVie

Every post I have read about fixing fractions has someone crying about the scoring system so I'm happy to see this worked on. On the other subject if they allow fraction fighting on all facets that will be the best thing for fractions in a long time, its guaranteed to push out the people that don't belong in fractions.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fraction fights will be difficult for a lot of people who didn't do good in math. Please don't turn factions into fractions.

M

McVie

I was a bit faded when I posted, my bad I did not realize this was English class.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Typing it incorrectly once is normal, everyone makes typos.

You typed it that way four times, I'm lead to believe that for a long time you actually thought it was Fractions.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im canadian.... i joined the 13mm

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a rather lengthy description on what is being worked on in regards to factions yet not a single topic about it on the faction forum?

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=177694

It is nice they are finally doing something about the scoring problem. But it sounds like they are going to screw it all up with a new system and opening factions on every facet. It doesn't make much sense to overhaul a system that works (scoring), when other areas are more important. Maybe adding some incentives back for controlling towns? What does scoring matter when nobody cares about participating in faction related activities anyway!
Scoring is very important. With out it, the game loses its luster to some folks. Scoring matters because the top 20 people inflate the scores and **** everyone else over so no one can use the arties...

They need to fix a lot of ****, its all jacked up... scoring is definitely one of the biggest.

They should just bring it back to the old system, and tweak the decay and transfer rates. They were the main problem, that and the ranks didn't work anyway.. So the points only mattered for the rank 10s,, so it was all or nothing.. People either tried to exploit the **** out of the system or just didn't give a ****..

Under the old system the point gains were slow and the decay was tough.. which was good for rank 10s but really really bad for rank 1s. They need to change the decay to promote the scoring competition. Regenerating points when you are below 0 after a certain period of time.

Simplicity usually is the best option and the old system was as simple as it could be. Little tweaks is all you need.

X

XavierGL

Every post I have read about fixing fractions has someone crying about the scoring system so I'm happy to see this worked on. On the other subject if they allow fraction fighting on all facets that will be the best thing for fractions in a long time, its guaranteed to push out the people that don't belong in fractions.

Yeah now as long as they allow faction reds to enter any facet

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah now as long as they allow faction reds to enter any facet
lol no,

There needs to be penalties for being red.. There is pretty much no penalties for being red. This should be one.. Let all the blues that follow the rules cross facet and pvp and let the reds who have 4k grief kills sit and watch. You'll see how fast it goes back to the majority of fights being guild vs guild or faction fighting.

M

McVie

Ok I'm going to refresh this thread even though I took a beating for being faded and letting spell-check kill me. I do not agree that reds should be allowed in all facets, but faction fighting should be. There should be a penalty for being red I think. Reds should be out, everyone else should be far game if they are factions. Points should be revamped and there should be a reason to own towns.

A

A Rev

Agreed, im looking forward to a few things that where mentioned.

1) Moving bases away from towns...now they ****ed it up and put guards back in faction towns this is a MUST!

2) Reverting all points and implementing a new system. The old system as Cardell mentioned works for me, maybe using reverse decay (probs the wrong word but what i mean is the more points you have the faster they decay, the less you have the slower)

3) Opening fighting to all facets, this wasn't mentioned specifically but i think its about time it was implemented!

I did read of new incentives to control towns, i will be interested in what these are. I would also like to see more activites, fielding for 10hours isnt fun anymore when you only have 10-15 people push once every 20mins and the rest of the time you just have stated thieves running in.

I would like to see new arties for gargoyles, not many people play them atm and none play them in factions (except crafters) it would be nice to give them an incentive to join.

I would also like to see stat loss worked a different way, the most annoying thing for me personally, is fighting non faction chars with a faction char hanging back and waiting for the pop shot. Maybe scale it to damage done. If 100% of damage is by factions...20mins, if the final shot and only the final shot 5mins?

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3) Opening fighting to all facets, this wasn't mentioned specifically but i think its about time it was implemented!
I think this would spread out fights too far and drop uo population more than it already is.

I would also like to see stat loss worked a different way, the most annoying thing for me personally, is fighting non faction chars with a faction char hanging back and waiting for the pop shot. Maybe scale it to damage done. If 100% of damage is by factions...20mins, if the final shot and only the final shot 5mins?

Stat loss is fine the way it is.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed, im looking forward to a few things that where mentioned.

1) Moving bases away from towns...now they ****ed it up and put guards back in faction towns this is a MUST!

/QUOTE]

No way, this keeps non factions red and blues from interferring.........It is back to the way it was before the faction changes were put into effect, they did away with them for the events.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No way, this keeps non factions red and blues from interferring.........It is back to the way it was before the faction changes were put into effect, they did away with them for the events.
Not true, they could just extend the faction zones like they did at SL and Minax. Plus blues and reds can interfere with faction reds in Britain again with guard zone back. This is much worse.

Forgot to add: They can interfere at Minax, SL, and Mag so why not move Brit?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate to beat a dead horse here but how many people have started their faction character(s) on Origin to test the changes when they come out? Sure, they'll end up on some test shard (who knows if it will mirror any particular shard). And then they'll end up on Origin and AS USUAL few people will actually get involved with testing the changes. We'll just see all the usual posts in U.Hall asking if anyone has tested stuff on Origin or Test Center. And then when stuff hits the rest of the shards and it's buggy as hell, people complain about why stuff wasn't caught on Origin or imply that the folks playing there were covering up all the gaps and exploits, etc.

I get sick of posts like that, frankly. If you care so much about things, make some characters on Origin and help with the testing. You can't transfer a character to Origin while it has a publish that isn't on the other shards yet, so don't think that's how you're going to help with the testing either!!!!!! Start your characters now or move them there now! If the changes end up being garbage and enough people yell and scream about them while the publish is still on Test or Origin, Cal and company just might listen and stop the bad changes, at least temporarily. If too few people yell and scream, we're all going to be stuck with it for who knows how long.

:)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina Speaks a profound truth. If you want to PM me feel free but my imbuer is for crap still.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this would spread out fights too far and drop uo population more than it already is.
This.. This.. and This more.

Ya. Back in they day.. player conflicts (pvp) was a certainty. It was only a matter of time. This was because there was only so many options as dungeons and hunting spots. Obviously as time went on the devs pieced out and half-ass 2nd tier devs were brought in to milk that titty for all its worth. After so many years they stopped trying to make the game juicy and just threw new **** at people. New lands spread the population out and new facets ****ed up the pvp.. now we're stuck with all this extra facets and lands... wtf knows what their gonna do to 'try' and fix it.

Removing the bases from the towns will remove pvp from the towns again... I really hope everyone can see that. It's bad news bears. I'd rather see SL take over Yew Prison and claim that as their base (with modifications of course) and have Minax move into another town,,, like Trinny or something. They need to incorporate more of the old map with all the new **** they come out with. If they dont Fel will always be a ghost town.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All right faction fiends, I started a new thread on the Origin forum with a list of supplies that I think you all might need if you do decide to make characters on Origin. Please feel free to shred the list (j/k) or add to it so the fine folks on Origin can get an idea of what you all might need to get started with making your new characters.

And if I don't see some kind of reaction that indicates folks are taking this seriously, I'll be back here every few days pestering people. I'm really good at that...I have kids and grandkids that I've been practicing on for years now. I think you really, truly do not want to miss the boat on being able to test out changes to factions.

Also, if I so much as see anyone who has posted in this forum on a regular basis post something after the changes happen complaining about why the people who tested the changes didn't speak up or let something horrible get through, I'll personally come and camp your thread and remind you about THIS thread and these posts.

Count on it, because I'm absolutely fed up with posts in U.Hall asking "who's found the new stuff yet" or "why wasn't this found during testing."

:twak:

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All right faction fiends, I started a new thread on the Origin forum with a list of supplies that I think you all might need if you do decide to make characters on Origin. Please feel free to shred the list (j/k) or add to it so the fine folks on Origin can get an idea of what you all might need to get started with making your new characters.

And if I don't see some kind of reaction that indicates folks are taking this seriously, I'll be back here every few days pestering people. I'm really good at that...I have kids and grandkids that I've been practicing on for years now. I think you really, truly do not want to miss the boat on being able to test out changes to factions.

Also, if I so much as see anyone who has posted in this forum on a regular basis post something after the changes happen complaining about why the people who tested the changes didn't speak up or let something horrible get through, I'll personally come and camp your thread and remind you about THIS thread and these posts.

Count on it, because I'm absolutely fed up with posts in U.Hall asking "who's found the new stuff yet" or "why wasn't this found during testing."

:twak:
LOL OH! OK Tina! The threat of a mom or grandma pestering will work! I think I have a character started over there blah. I hate working skills!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, Arabella.

Here's the thread in the Origin forum listing stuff people will need for training up new characters: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=180943.

Please try to keep controversial stuff out of that thread so maybe it'll stick around unlocked long enough to actually help you guys be able to get the stuff you'll need on Origin.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate to beat a dead horse here but how many people have started their faction character(s) on Origin to test the changes when they come out?

I mean no offense, but I think Origin is a bad shard to test Faction changes on. This is why I dont waste me time making a character there. If they gave me to transfer token then I'd send a character over there, maybe even two. But it doesn't seem like a good idea to build it from scratch. I simply don't have that kind of time unless I take the chance to get banned by scripting all day.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, you probably will be able to test stuff on Test Center. But people have complaints about it too:

It's too much work to make appropriate gear and whatever you end up with may not match what you'd actually use on your normal production shard. (Apparently imbuing on TC isn't really the answer to that complaint either because it seems that you don't get the whole range of imbuing ingredients in your bank box by using a command. Or if it's possible, no one remembers the command from the beta.)

There's too much lag because morons deliberately litter the ground with certain items.

It's a pain in the neck dealing with bank storage. And the commands you use to get stuff on Test Center only work once per character. There are no commodity deed boxes because there are no vet rewards. And see the next point about housing. If you ain't got a house and all you have is your bank box, enjoy the process of managing all those resources stuffed in your bank box that you MIGHT need to imbue or craft yourself something you need.

If the shard is a brand new special one or is the old one that was wiped of all characters and houses, unless the devs put up a special gate or program a special rule, your character has to be at least 15 days old to place a house. And even if they go with an existing test shard where perhaps you already have old characters, good luck finding a place to put a house to store stuff.

You have no way to know which factions are active and who is in them or how many points it will take to get the rank you need to wear certain artifacts.

The cap on real skills is stuck at 700 no matter how old your account or character is.

There's no possible way to get vet reward items.

The new robes and artifacts aren't available via a command and some of them obviously aren't available at all even if you were willing to go out and kill stuff over and over and over ad nauseum to get them.

You have to wait for your pets to bond unless the engineers put up a pet bonding gate, something they rarely do. Do you normally use a dread mare? Sorry, they don't exist on Test Center. You like having a trained war horse, you say? Not likely to happen on a Test Center. Even if you can't buy one on Origin, at least you can import one, right? (If you act now, that is.)

You have nothing built up in any virtues you might use. (Yes, the engineers can put up "instant virtue" gates (why does that sound so bad??) on a test center but again, they rarely do.)

Origin may not be the perfect alternative. But I think it comes a lot closer to what you'll find on your home shards than a test center does. Plus the characters you make there are permanent. For some people, that might make them take testing more seriously than using a temporary character that might be wiped out without so much as a moment's notice. After having your character and the time you took to craft and assemble gear and mark runes and join a faction with your mates wiped out at least once, a lot of people just give up on testing. I saw it happen last summer in the SA beta and that didn't include testing anything as complicated as the faction system. Every time there was a wipe, the number of people logging in to test stuff dwindled even further because they got tired of recreating everything. You think people will go through all that on a test center for factions? Nope, it will not happen or happen for long enough to do anything more than just superficial testing.

Also, if the new stuff they put in involves wiping out or adjusting points, ranks, faction membership, etc. on existing characters, how the heck do you test that on a test center where every character is new???

Plus if you actually build a new character or two on Origin, you can later move it to another shard. Can't do that with a test center character.

And who knows....maybe if enough people do this, eventually they might all get their characters built up enough to have some truly epic battles on Origin. The kind that are the basis for movies and require planning that people aren't likely to do when everything they need for the movie could be wiped out in literally seconds and with no advance warning.

So, speaking of faction movies, anyone still have the link for that good one? I think I need to watch it again.

A

A Rev

Well, you probably will be able to test stuff on Test Center. But people have complaints about it too:
True
There's too much lag because morons deliberately litter the ground with certain items.
Very True..usually those green crystals
It's a pain in the neck dealing with bank storage. And the commands you use to get stuff on Test Center only work once per character. There are no commodity deed boxes because there are no vet rewards. And see the next point about housing. If you ain't got a house and all you have is your bank box, enjoy the process of managing all those resources stuffed in your bank box that you MIGHT need to imbue or craft yourself something you need.
Very True!

The cap on real skills is stuck at 700 no matter how old your account or character is.
BNot true, the cap is 720 no matter how old you are.
The new robes and artifacts aren't available via a command and some of them obviously aren't available at all even if you were willing to go out and kill stuff over and over and over ad nauseum to get them.
The brand spanking SA ones arent but...Give replicas gives all replicas [including jade armband, Lights rampart, sash etc]
You have to wait for your pets to bond unless the engineers put up a pet bonding gate, something they rarely do. Do you normally use a dread mare? Sorry, they don't exist on Test Center. You like having a trained war horse, you say? Not likely to happen on a Test Center. Even if you can't buy one on Origin, at least you can import one, right? (If you act now, that is.)
Last time i was on Test there was one of these at brit bank, as well as the SW one to complete the quest.

Not a dig, just letting you know.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah....the skill cap isn't stuck at 700? Every time I try to make real skills on a test center character total up to 720, one of them gets shorted and I'm stuck at 700. And when I check the character's age, it always says on the little scroll that the account's age can't be determined. This happens with characters I've had on TC1 for several months now.

How do you manage to get real skills to total over 700? Is there a gate for that too that I just haven't found?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just checked on the current TC1 and if they've put up any kind of insta-anything gates, they're very well hidden. Nothing by the west Brit bank, nothing near the Haven bank or on the Haven docks.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They used to replicate shards to use for test center. I wish theyd do this for ATL or GL. I think it would give a more accurate test.

It's this or compose a test center geared for factions only, but this would probably be hard to achieve.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So are they really releasing the changes to Origin to 'beta' test the changes?

Where does it say that?

I'm confusing and alone and totally out of the loop.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So are they really releasing the changes to Origin to 'beta' test the changes?

Where does it say that?

I'm confusing and alone and totally out of the loop.
There's a post in the Ask the Devs section of U.Hall from three weeks ago that mentions that factions will be seeing some changes at some point in the near future. (http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=177694) No mention at all that I remember reading about how they plan to handle testing, though. So at this point, I assume they'll follow the normal process of publishing to a test shard first and then publishing to Origin and after that publishing to the rest of the shards. Haven't heard a peep about anything like beta testing, nor heard whether they might clone an existing shard and use the clone as a "test shard."

After seeing the difficulties doing that posed for people during the SA beta last summer when they cloned Atlantic, in some ways I kind of hope they don't do it. People who didn't have chars or houses on Atlantic were unable to place a house until their chars were 15 days old AND assuming they could find a spot to place. And, if I remember correctly, the normal test center commands didn't work and you started out with 1000 gold, just like on any other shard. You literally had to start your chars from scratch, train them up as usual, and hope someone else who had chars and gold on the cloned shard could lend you something so you could buy stuff from vendors until those vendors ran out because no one was restocking them because the number of people actually on the cloned shard was very small. It was a bad bad situation other than perhaps for the people who got lucky and had chars and gold there already.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My accounts are down too, I'll probably reactivate in 2 months to keep my GL house up. Hopefully the game is better then and I can keep one acct active.

A

A Rev

Ah....the skill cap isn't stuck at 700? Every time I try to make real skills on a test center character total up to 720, one of them gets shorted and I'm stuck at 700. And when I check the character's age, it always says on the little scroll that the account's age can't be determined. This happens with characters I've had on TC1 for several months now.

How do you manage to get real skills to total over 700? Is there a gate for that too that I just haven't found?
All 4 of my chars on test have 720 skill points.

There not that old, old enough to get the valentines rewards but not much older i would guess.

They must have taken the gates down, there definalty where gates at WBB for pet bonding, spellweaving and one other i cant remember what that did though.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scoring is very important. With out it, the game loses its luster to some folks. Scoring matters because the top 20 people inflate the scores and **** everyone else over so no one can use the arties....
If you think scoring is what is holding factions back then you are wrong. I never cared about score. If people want to compete for top score, let them. It doesn't affect me. I kill people, I get points, I rank up. I just want to fight.

It is stupid that now I have to worry about healing people and stealing sigils for points. They want to change the PVP into Warhammer Online. Look how well that game turned out.

Factions was turning around without all the proposed changes. Adding should be the top priority, not changing. Changes have led to disaster. A prime example being the 2x and 3x point bonuses totally screwing up the scoring system. Simply adding incentives for owning towns again will bring back participation. Then they can worry about tweaking stuff.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you think scoring is what is holding factions back then you are wrong. I never cared about score. If people want to compete for top score, let them. It doesn't affect me. I kill people, I get points, I rank up. I just want to fight.

It is stupid that now I have to worry about healing people and stealing sigils for points. They want to change the PVP into Warhammer Online. Look how well that game turned out.

Factions was turning around without all the proposed changes. Adding should be the top priority, not changing. Changes have led to disaster. A prime example being the 2x and 3x point bonuses totally screwing up the scoring system. Simply adding incentives for owning towns again will bring back participation. Then they can worry about tweaking stuff.
Changes have lead to disaster,, generalizations make people look extremely stupid.. fyi... I love when people disagree with me and state an opinion and play it off as a fact.. Link doesn't think points matter... so that must mean they don't!

I think some changes do need to be made.. but small tweaks.. I dont want big changes.. never did. In fact.. for the last x years I've been pleading for incentives and bug fixes.. not new implementations and systems.. So why you're coming at me with this post is beyond me..

To say scoring isn't important is silly. Some people enjoy that aspect of competition. I'm glad you don't care about points, I really am.. That's amazing. Believe it or not there are others like you. For you folks, if you don't care to compete, then don't compete by points. I'm not sure how else I can explain this to you.. Some people do want that aspect of the factions... sorry you disagree...

If you don't think fixing the point system is important than you, LINK!, are sadly mistaken. Since the ranks are based off the the scores I, Not saying you have to, think the scoring system should work properly.. I mean.. ranks are pretty important, it is an incentive to get rank and get items is it not? You see how that works. When you read my posts you should actually think about what is there and not who posted it. It would help... just a suggestion...

:gee: <--Link if he keeps griefing me....

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To say scoring isn't important is silly. Some people enjoy that aspect of competition. I'm glad you don't care about points, I really am.. That's amazing. Believe it or not there are others like you. For you folks, if you don't care to compete, then don't compete by points. I'm not sure how else I can explain this to you.. Some people do want that aspect of the factions... sorry you disagree...
I didn't say having a score was silly. What the developers are doing is turning the score system into a joke. Actually, that already happened as the top players have billions of points.

Changing factions into a game where you strive to get the highest score is not the right way to go. And that is all the developers seem concerned with right now from their announcements. This isn't some battleground or scenario where the first team to reach 200 wins.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After seeing the difficulties doing that posed for people during the SA beta last summer when they cloned Atlantic, in some ways I kind of hope they don't do it. People who didn't have chars or houses on Atlantic were unable to place a house until their chars were 15 days old AND assuming they could find a spot to place. And, if I remember correctly, the normal test center commands didn't work and you started out with 1000 gold, just like on any other shard. You literally had to start your chars from scratch, train them up as usual, and hope someone else who had chars and gold on the cloned shard could lend you something so you could buy stuff from vendors until those vendors ran out because no one was restocking them because the number of people actually on the cloned shard was very small. It was a bad bad situation other than perhaps for the people who got lucky and had chars and gold there already.
Yeah, but the difference is there is a larger Faction population on ATL than on Origin. The ones who couldnt place and had to start from scratch is no where near the number required to do the same on Origin. Plus the training would be a simple fix by allowing regular test center commands.

ETA: As far as housing, do you really need a house on a test center?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ETA: As far as housing, do you really need a house on a test center?
Because of all the additional resources you now need for imbuing plus the fact that the "give" commands only work once per character, I think most people would be better off having a house to store things in while they get themselves organized to start assembling their gear. If they gave us bank boxes with drastically increased storage limits, maybe people wouldn't need a house.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because of all the additional resources you now need for imbuing plus the fact that the "give" commands only work once per character, I think most people would be better off having a house to store things in while they get themselves organized to start assembling their gear. If they gave us bank boxes with drastically increased storage limits, maybe people wouldn't need a house.
Given the amount of resources they give you and the amount of character slots and the ability to simply delete the chars on the test shard, I don't really see a problem here.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't say having a score was silly. What the developers are doing is turning the score system into a joke. Actually, that already happened as the top players have billions of points.

Changing factions into a game where you strive to get the highest score is not the right way to go. And that is all the developers seem concerned with right now from their announcements. This isn't some battleground or scenario where the first team to reach 200 wins.
Everyone knows the system is jacked up.. it goes with out saying..

I also agree that points shouldn't be the main determining factor for rank. I do think there should be some sort of recognition for the highest point holders but the ranks shouldn't be based solely on that. Especially since everyone can have all their characters in the factions.. It's really easy to farm points like this..

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone knows the system is jacked up.. it goes with out saying..

I also agree that points shouldn't be the main determining factor for rank. I do think there should be some sort of recognition for the highest point holders but the ranks shouldn't be based solely on that. Especially since everyone can have all their characters in the factions.. It's really easy to farm points like this..
I agree with Cardell, omg Arabella has 75 millon and Gracie has 5 millon! That is just wrong, for years I had maybe 1 point ever! Now 1 or 2 kill shots bam, a huge amount of points!