• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where is the Christmas Spirit?

• Thread starter Lord Drakelord
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Is the Christmas Spirit lost?

• Yes it gone right out the trade window

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No its still here!

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L

Lord Drakelord

Seems to me all I am reading here now is 'I have this neon box on this shard will trade this neon box on my shard', are all of you so lost with this neon rush to have lost the Christmas Spirit?

Of course I like to have another round icy on Sonoma, or even another neon box but I am not going to rush off to all the other shards and open gifts that I rather trade for, I happen to like the feeling when they ask for a gift and I am able to grant the one wish they have by given them a true rare on their home shard.

So till Christmas is over I am going to continue to trade unclaim tickets on those shards with the hope that I brighten up someone Christmas.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hitting those rum balls a little early are we?

K

Kailee

I traded with everyshard i could find someone for. Once that was done I checked remainder shards only had 2 left and both had a box so I try to get them home but i gave every other box and patch I got to its new owner. i tried my best but some shards have no interested traders

C

Connor_Graham

I've only got 2 shards left to trade on, but so far, with the exception of 1 person, every person I traded with picked the gifts when we did the trade and not prior.

Every person I traded with got a Happy Holidays from me once the trade was done too, so the Christmas spirit is still here, there are just a few that are more worried about how much gold they can make over making someone else's day by giving them one of the rare gifts.

If it hadn't been for one person doing the pick at the time of the trade I wouldn't have the single rare ice patch that I got. I still feel kinda bad that I didn't get any of the rare items on that particular trade. I wish I had.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My rl Christmas spirit takes precedence over my UO Christmas spirit. In the past 2 weeks, I've had 3 relatives and/or friends hospitalized, so spend more time trying to spread some cheer that direction. Until all this hit, I had traders lined up on several. For all but one of those trades, I met with traders and opened tickets at their request .. and handed over everything as I claimed the tickets. When I got one of the rare items for those people, I was as happy for them as if I had gotten the item myself. For the exception trade, I told the trader I was very short of time and asked if they could send a list of what they wanted claimed on my accounts, and they very willingly obliged. Karma was on their side as one of the boxes I claimed for them held the round icy .. which I not only gave to them, but notified them ahead of time that I had it for them. I had also told them what I would like to have claimed, and from their trade to me there was one of the neon boxes.
Sometimes RL happenings affect how we do things in UO .. This is the first time in eight years of trading I've ever not just met for straight across trades. I miss the interaction, but simply do not have the time to trade like that this time.