• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

where is my new user interface

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah whats going on! Vice Vs Virtue is active (on Atlantic) but no new UI??!! Its a bit hard to play with the broken health bars!

Also that VvsV status bar thing that pops up, can I remove it as its a wee bit big!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For the next state of UO I deffo need to get some EC questions in.

Current state of UO: No core dev gives a **** about the EC.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is 104Mb EC patch.. now... in progress...
:pancakes:

Default.zip was 4.5Mb, after patch is 11Mb...

NEW UI?

Sophi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
ok so got the patch, i at least see the new advisor button in help on Atlantic... but nothing on Europa has changed, nor are we getting gifts there yet so i dunno what's going on

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't get my paper doll to appear (as well as other problems).

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had to go to full screen to find the paperdoll, move it and then was able to see it in window mode. I'm missing Pinco's UI already :( - no zooming in and out for containers and paperdoll.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had to go to full screen to find the paperdoll, move it and then was able to see it in window mode. I'm missing Pinco's UI already :( - no zooming in and out for containers and paperdoll.
there is, just look at the actions ;)

@all
If you were using my interface backup your profile and start over with a new one or you're gonna have a lot of troubles!!!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The green bar on the health barr is latency meter.

I deleted my folder and starting from Scratch. Only 38 characters to go....

I suggest going to options in main menu and set UI scale to 1.00 (If your screen is big enough)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Pinco, I had found it. I'll go through all the menus and actions b4 I post about any more issues. BTW, the UI looks good!!!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yay. Even an proper vendor search window :D Really appreciated!

On a sidenote: Lots of the labels look very blurry to me comapred to the old UI (e.g. in vendor search the "max price"). Is it just me or is anybody else feeling the same?

Need to get home now to play a bit with it :)

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is, just look at the actions ;)

@all
If you were using my interface backup your profile and start over with a new one or you're gonna have a lot of troubles!!!
Can anyone help me find this zoom? I've never used these tools before and wouldn't mind being able to read the text in my containers.....

Also, can I change the color scheme?

OMG the minimap, must it always be on top?

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone help me find this zoom? I've never used these tools before and wouldn't mind being able to read the text in my containers.....

Also, can I change the color scheme?

Press action in main hot bar. The look for Other in the lists.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Pinco Is there now a follow command in this new client? Classic client could simply press a button and select a player to follow.

Also I used the toggle scale button to zoom in and out on my character, and its not working.

I am sure I will discover other things I can't do that probably work if I just troubleshoot it some more. Thank you for all your hard work!

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow looking good so far! I'm just having a poke about and getting my new shiney client setup! Great work @Pinco !!

I can't wait for the new version of your UI to use! I really miss (already) being able to snap out the chat windows so I can have separate windows for journal/general chat/party + guild - I hope this will be making a return with your custom UI.

Also the feature you added where you can't use another bandage until the one being used has finished (I hope that makes sense!)

EDIT - This is what I mean with chat windows being able to be popped out:

Oscar the Grouch

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Do you have to download the EC and Pincos separately or does this new default interface include Pincos?

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Pinco

Also I used the toggle scale button to zoom in and out on my character, and its not working.
Found it. For everyone else, you have to go into your user settings, select the tab for input, and select zoom in and zoom out for your mouse to make this work.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im having some bad issues Im afraid. I first deleted all my character files in User Data as I assumed that would be best. However I now cannot open my inventory, I can't double click anything like containers or house signs, I can't right click my character to get a context menu. I can't click containers in my house to get any menu.

Any thoughts as to what I've done wrong?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im having some bad issues Im afraid. I first deleted all my character files in User Data as I assumed that would be best. However I now cannot open my inventory, I can't double click anything like containers or house signs, I can't right click my character to get a context menu. I can't click containers in my house to get any menu.

Any thoughts as to what I've done wrong?
Check some settings like uncheck Ignore mouse action on self. Maybe you have to turn on or off legacy targeting. There is also a setting to change how to open context menu with left or a right click.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there anyway to have outlines around spells etc like in the old client?

Blue = self
Red = current
Green = cursor

At the moment they are all the same colours. I've included a pic below (from old client)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check some settings like uncheck Ignore mouse action on self. Maybe you have to turn on or off legacy targeting. There is also a setting to change how to open context menu with left or a right click.
I've cleared the issue up, I deleted everything from User Interface, rather than just the character files. It has reset my character desktops completely but atleast I can now click.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Blue = self
Red = current
Green = cursor

At the moment they are all the same colours. I've included a pic below (from old client)

Agreed! I thought 'Set Border' might do this when you right click an icon but it doesn't actually seem to do anything.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To make it short. I play plain ec since SA came out, no pinco ui.
Is there a way to get the old looks back, map window, paperdoll, container views, color theme ? I dont like at all what i see here. I usually have a lot of toolbars out and that light grey background for the buttons doesnt really match well with what is seen in the playwindow most of the time, aka lots of green. Black/yellow was so much better.

Old ec interface was designed by someone would did know something about ui desgin, it was easy to read, uncluttered and clear. Color theme did fit what is in the playwindow.
Not to many colors used. Not exactly a masterpiece, but it turned out to be very usable over the years. Why throw that away ?

Also , is it possible to resize my backpack window, i could not find it ?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you using legacy style backpack or a grid view? If grid view use the "scale mode" (found under "other" in the actions menu) to resize it.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you using legacy style backpack or a grid view? If grid view use the "scale mode" (found under "other" in the actions menu) to resize it.
Scale mode does resize the window and everything inside it, but i actually want a bigger window to see more items inside a container, not the same items just bigger.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To make it short. I play plain ec since SA came out, no pinco ui.
Is there a way to get the old looks back, map window, paperdoll, container views, color theme ? I dont like at all what i see here. I usually have a lot of toolbars out and that light grey background for the buttons doesnt really match well with what is seen in the playwindow most of the time, aka lots of green. Black/yellow was so much better.

Old ec interface was designed by someone would did know something about ui desgin, it was easy to read, uncluttered and clear. Color theme did fit what is in the playwindow.
Not to many colors used. Not exactly a masterpiece, but it turned out to be very usable over the years. Why throw that away ?

I was the same at first. Now after an hour of playing I get used to it and find a lot of cool features. I will at least wait a week or two until the dust settles, before I decide how to move on.

To get the old resizable grid containers you need to disable "legacy grid containers" in the settings. I have a copy of the old UI and it seems still to work. I can upload it if you really can't stand the new default.

Things I find great so far:
- Timers in the hotbars and buff bar (e.g. when can i hide again?)
- Timers on my summons (When is my RC going poof?)
- Runebook gumps :D
- New vendor search UI (hope i can add something like a search history on top of it!!)

Things i have a hard time with so far:
- No more menu bar (need to do it in hotbars now)
- All of my hotbars change color when i cast (supposed to show i cant use other spells at this moment, but with 10+ hotbars its just annoying)
- Missing target color-indicator on hotbars
- This little locks on almost every window and hotbars are cluttering the UI a lot (and whats the difference on hotbars instead of using the old "lock hotbar")?

Also there are some minor bugs, but that's no problem. Give it some time.

Btw. the UI documentation is just an empty zip file. Is that intended @Pinco ?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Blue = self
Red = current
Green = cursor

You forgot

grey = stored