• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where is Mages home base?!!!

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know it used to be in Magincia. Now I can't even find Magincia. Let alone......Where is the Mages homebase now? Please, please help!!!

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll answer my own question. I went to Nujelum (spellcheck?) and went to southern most part of island. Then I sailed South to find "old Magincia" or what is left of it. All the components of the Mages faction is still there.

Sucks that I can't mark a rune to the spot though. I can't even park my boat there and recall to my boat. Ah well, if I have come to learn anything from UO its that problems rarely ever get fixed like this. Let me guess, the Shadowlords base is still messed up too? They still get stuck there, eh?

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

I'll answer my own question. I went to Nujelum (spellcheck?) and went to southern most part of island. Then I sailed South to find "old Magincia" or what is left of it. All the components of the Mages faction is still there.

Sucks that I can't mark a rune to the spot though. I can't even park my boat there and recall to my boat. Ah well, if I have come to learn anything from UO its that problems rarely ever get fixed like this. Let me guess, the Shadowlords base is still messed up too? They still get stuck there, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yew Crypts had the problem of ghost trapped inside the SL base. Magincia is
worse... the isle is permanently ruined... no Gating in or out. No Marking runes.
Ship landing is troublesome!!! I blame it on a lack of interest about the shard.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

I know it used to be in Magincia. Now I can't even find Magincia. Let alone......Where is the Mages homebase now? Please, please help!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The Council of Mages faction stronghold is still in Magincia. The COM stronghold should be intact on every shard, although the remainder of the island (other than player housing) is most likely in complete ruin. The only way to get to Magincia in Felucca or Trammel these days is by boat or by using the special teleporter (looks like a boat) at the docks in Fel Trinsic. (The teleporter takes you to the docks in Magincia.) If the invasion in Fel Magincia was not defeated, I believe there is a possibility that the docks in Magincia may have been destroyed. In that case, the boat teleporter will not work, forcing everyone to use a boat to get to or leave Magincia.

The shards that didn't defeat the invasion in Fel Magincia and therefore might not have a working boat teleporter between Trinsic and Magincia were Great Lakes, Legends, Siege Perilous, Lake Austin, Formosa, and Balhae.

G

Very true.

The faction base is where it has always been. On Magincia.
On shards which lost the battle with the black gate guardians, the ferry is gone, and the moongate does not work.

You cannot mark a rune to the isle.

You CAN, however, have a boat moored a little way off-shore, and have the occupant of the boat open a gate to elsewhere, thereby cutting down on travel time. On non-Siege shards, I'd imagine that bracelets of binding might be an option.

Of course, that means that you need to find a very dedicated fisher-mage, who doesn't mind sitting around just off the shores of Magincia all year long, but nothing's perfect.

Personally, I don't see these as huge problems. What I'd love to have happen is for the devs to turn all the 'debris' back into plain old scenery, thereby reducing a bit of shard lag once more. Lag has noticeably increased since the event first began.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

Very true.

The faction base is where it has always been. On Magincia.
On shards which lost the battle with the black gate guardians, the ferry is gone, and the moongate does not work.

You cannot mark a rune to the isle.

You CAN, however, have a boat moored a little way off-shore, and have the occupant of the boat open a gate to elsewhere, thereby cutting down on travel time. On non-Siege shards, I'd imagine that bracelets of binding might be an option.

Of course, that means that you need to find a very dedicated fisher-mage, who doesn't mind sitting around just off the shores of Magincia all year long, but nothing's perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't go through a player-cast gate if you're carrying a sigil. Your only choices for getting to/from Magincia right now if you're carrying a sigil are to use the boat teleporter between the Magincia and Trinsic docks or to use a regular boat.

G

I heard that the boat teleporter was removed after the event, but I haven't checked.

If so, that means that boating is now your only option while carrying a sigil. I'm not sure if it's usable when carrying a sigil, but this'd mean that the nearest gate is on the NE corner of Nujel'm island.

G

I hope an enterprising group takes CoM on Siege. The boating could be fun!

I

imported_Tina Small

I just checked the status of the boat teleporter from the Trinsic docks to the Magincia docks in Felucca on all shards except Siege. [No need for me to check Siege because I remember reading something somewhere about a certain person being stuck on the island with no way off until he stole a boat.
]

Here's the status of the boat teleporters:

Functional
Atlantic
Arirang
Asuka
Baja
Chesapeake (Magincia docks are in bad shape.)
Drachenfels
Europa
Hokuto
Izumo
Lake Superior
Mizuho
Mugen
Oceania
Origin
Pacific
Sakura
Sonoma
Wakoku
Yamato

No Boat Teleporter or Boat Teleporter Doesn't Work
Balhae (Boat teleporter is at the Trinsic docks, but using it bounces you to the top of the Trinsic docks.)
Catskills (Same situation as on Balhae.)
Formosa
Great Lakes
Lake Austin
Legends
Siege Perilous

Status Unknown
Napa [I could not figure out how to get my newb character into the dock area. Every entrance I could find was blocked and she couldn't shadow jump in from anyplace either. I didn't take the time to go through the Napa forum to see if there was any information there. Hopefully someone who plays on Napa will know whether the boat teleporter still works and if there's a reasonable way to get to it.]

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not sure if it's usable when carrying a sigil, but this'd mean that the nearest gate is on the NE corner of Nujel'm island.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theoretically, yes you should be able to boat from Magincia to Nujelm carrying a sigil and use the moongate there to get to another moongate. However, I believe the Nujelm moongate only works as an outgoing gate. You'd still have to use the boat teleporter or a regular boat to get to Magincia. It will be interesting to see if the Magincia moongate is ever repaired on the shards that defeated the Rift Guardians in Felucca about a month ago.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

I hope an enterprising group takes CoM on Siege. The boating could be fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like fun!

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

I just checked the status of the boat teleporter from the Trinsic docks to the Magincia docks in Felucca on all shards except Siege. [No need for me to check Siege because I remember reading something somewhere about a certain person being stuck on the island with no way off until he stole a boat.
]

Here's the status of the boat teleporters:

Functional
Atlantic
Arirang
Asuka
Baja
Chesapeake (Magincia docks are in bad shape.)
Drachenfels
Europa
Hokuto
Izumo
Lake Superior
Mizuho
Mugen
Oceania
Origin
Pacific
Sakura
Sonoma
Wakoku
Yamato

No Boat Teleporter or Boat Teleporter Doesn't Work
Balhae (Boat teleporter is at the Trinsic docks, but using it bounces you to the top of the Trinsic docks.)
Catskills (Same situation as on Balhae.)
Formosa
Great Lakes
Lake Austin
Legends
Siege Perilous

Status Unknown
Napa [I could not figure out how to get my newb character into the dock area. Every entrance I could find was blocked and she couldn't shadow jump in from anyplace either. I didn't take the time to go through the Napa forum to see if there was any information there. Hopefully someone who plays on Napa will know whether the boat teleporter still works and if there's a reasonable way to get to it.]

[/ QUOTE ]

Making an update to this previous post and have a few new comments and questions:

On Napa you can now get to the docks. There's still a wall blocking the sidewalk by the stable/inn (be sure to check out the funny sign on the blocking wall) and you still cannot walk into the inn from the stable; however the portcullis that was in the southern part of the wall below the fishing guild appears to be completely gone.

Draconi also added square tile teleporters near the Trinsic and Magincia docks in the last day or two. They are supposed to already be operational on the production shards. (I'm assuming this applies to ALL shards.) I believe the boat teleporters are gone now, but haven't had a chance yet to get on and confirm anything. If you've plunked guards, vendors and traps on the Trinsic or Mag docks, you might want to go see if they're still effectively placed.

I believe I also read somewhere something that implies you can now recall/sacred journey/gate into Magincia, but I'm not sure if I misunderstood and am also wondering if this will be true for all shards. Draconi did state the moongates are not restored yet.

Has anyone noticed any signs of animal life returning to Magincia yet? Or is it still a pretty safe bet that if you pull up a rat on tracking, it's not really a rat?

Is anyone else out there wondering about how factions might be affected in the near future as the current storyline develops? I am still pretty ignorant of a lot of the UO lore, so maybe I'm wondering for nothing, but some of the recent references to the Council of Mages and Shadowlords do have me wondering a bit about what's going to happen. Would be kind of cool if Draconi could give us a few hints!