• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where is everyone? Returning player starting over

HashEater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Came back after a long break (11-12 years), made a new account on Atlantic pretty excited to come back; I was prepared to fully upgrade my account. grab a mythic token and jump right in on making a tamer build. Well I log in at New Haven, nobody there. I go over to Britain, nobody there. I ended up walking over the entire map and in each and every city I found the same thing, nothing.

Where does everyone hang out? I heard someone say that this game still has 10k+ active unique players, mostly on Atlantic but I cant find a single person around. Needless to say its pretty discouraging, and as is I don't want to buy anything for the account if its going to be a single player experience.

Any incite on this issue would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eveery shard as experianced lesser numbers....all shards have had people leave for newer ventures....all shards except atlantic have had people leave there quiet shard to join atlantics higher populous..

I too have seen of late atlantics numbers dropping.....like 1818 plot prices have plummeted as more space is green srrings up with no new buyers ,,,...yes castle still sky high...but most people can place a villa 1414 or 1515 now with little problem... a year ago u had to buy this....time is catching up even on atlantic....

Welcome to the other 26 shards....Have a nice day...Here till the end!!

Lady Cupcake

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can find people in Luna on Atlantic. There is still a decent amount of people on Atl, although like stated above, the numbers aren't like they used to be.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Whoever told you there were 10k active players was exaggerating a bit....it's more like 4k hehe. Luna is the main hangout place now, although the population has definetely decreaed, a lot.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would add that banksitting probably shouldn't be your target for finding active players. Several guilds are active with large groups and people are also in Doom doing the current event. Last night UWF had about 15 members and a several passer bys working a Scalis spawn at Lake of the Dead in Malas. They do hunts like that every night and range from 8-20 players working together at any given time.

HashEater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I would love to find one of those guilds and join in; also what would you guys estimate the active pop is on Atlantic? 400 people at a time online or more?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would love to find one of those guilds and join in; also what would you guys estimate the active pop is on Atlantic? 400 people at a time online or more?
A safer bet would be about 100-150 people at a time online.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was about to come back this weekend, but after visiting my ISPs shop twice and calling support three times and facing the prospect of starting again from scratch, having to pay for a lagbuster monthly to just be able to ride as fast as others walk, navigating the horrendous billing system, lost all my soulstones in my house idocing, awkward conversations with people you've cybered, dupers, hackers, scripters, the lack of players...

I should be back tommorrow if everything at the isp shop goes better than tonight. The guy said to me tonight "if your going to get angry at me, just leave now".

Tommorrow IF I don't assault him it will be a miracle.

http://www.haneke.net/ do not click this please

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was about to come back this weekend, but after visiting my ISPs shop twice and calling support three times and facing the prospect of starting again from scratch, having to pay for a lagbuster monthly to just be able to ride as fast as others walk, navigating the horrendous billing system, lost all my soulstones in my house idocing, awkward conversations with people you've cybered, dupers, hackers, scripters, the lack of players...

I should be back tommorrow if everything at the isp shop goes better than tonight. The guy said to me tonight "if your going to get angry at me, just leave now".

Tommorrow IF I don't assault him it will be a miracle.

http://www.haneke.net/ do not click this please

NaughtyChild

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
A safer bet would be about 100-150 people at a time online.
Imho, weekend in prime-time for Atlantic (or East Coast) playing more than 150 people. And during holidays and events no less than 400 online.
I recently read that Europe has about 100-150 playes at prime-time. And Atlantic is much more acvtive.

Came back after a long break (11-12 years), made a new account on Atlantic pretty excited to come back; I was prepared to fully upgrade my account. grab a mythic token and jump right in on making a tamer build. Well I log in at New Haven, nobody there. I go over to Britain, nobody there. I ended up walking over the entire map and in each and every city I found the same thing, nothing.
Where does everyone hang out? I heard someone say that this game still has 10k+ active unique players, mostly on Atlantic but I cant find a single person around. Needless to say its pretty discouraging, and as is I don't want to buy anything for the account if its going to be a single player experience.
I also returned to UO this month after a long time. Im not form the US and rare playing at prime-time for US-shards.
Atlantic is the only shard, where I can meet players near Haven/Brit bank and Luna any time.

Hell's Ironworks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Dodger.

As far as player population, I still beleive they should close some north american servers and transfer players on Atl.

NaughtyChild

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Naughty Dodger=)

I'm sure they do not think about population. Many players pay for the memories of youth, they pay for old houses, etc... If they close some shards players stop paying.
I know 2 players on DF-shard, who pay more than 16 accounts every month only for their old guild-houses.

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Naughty Dodger=)

I'm sure they do not think about population. Many players pay for the memories of youth, they pay for old houses, etc... If they close some shards players stop paying.
I know 2 players on DF-shard, who pay more than 16 accounts every month only for their old guild-houses.
Sorry , but as much as I have loved UO paying for 16 accounts is just nutz. I rather buy my Chanel lipsticks that do that ...and I love UO.

NaughtyChild

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Enough talking, it's time to act!
May be you send a couple photo of your Chanel-maked up lips to devs and persuade them?
:postpics: