• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where is Atlantic?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i had just logged in and *poof* done it went.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought it was caused by all the Tamers emptying out their stables in preparation for the pet revamp.

or is it the mass amounts of people transferring their Powerscrolls from low-pop shards to Atlantic before the "Shard-bound" takes affect?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"And, where are you from, Damien?"

"The Seventh Layer of Hell!!!!"

"That's nice, my sister plays Atlantic....."

(with apologies to Trey Parker and Matt Stone)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Lame. I get like an hour of play time a day, if that, this time of the year. So ofcourse it's down when I want to restock my vendor.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I thought it was caused by all the Tamers emptying out their stables in preparation for the pet revamp.

or is it the mass amounts of people transferring their Powerscrolls from low-pop shards to Atlantic before the "Shard-bound" takes affect?
did i miss a incoming change?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
did i miss a incoming change?
You missed Mesanna on Origins I believe saying something about her thinking about making PS's Shard Bound... which has blown up into a multipage thread by now.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
kinda late to be bringing that into the game, no?
that ship sailed 15 years ago. (july 2002)
Yeah rather how I felt and that I didn't want to go backwards to being back to having no choice in where to go to actually do a champ spawn without dealing with .... well what I know is on my home shard.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My experience is that on the low-pop shards, my fellow Trammies rarely run into raiders at champs - but when they do, they're almost always cross-sharders who were there to farm scrolls to take to Atlantic, and didn't want competition.

The simple fact is that the manner of drop for PS means that it's near impossible for most players to get the specific 120s they need from champs in anything resembling a timely manner. That means they have to buy them, or take 3-5 years at least to get them the hard way. When PS were sold on my shard, I at least had an option (and it took 4 years to save up gold for a 120 Magery, because other expenses meant that I barely had more weeks with a net gain, than with a net loss). Now, PS are pretty much only sold on Atlantic, furthering the imbalance.

I understand both sides, but I get the distinct impression from the arguments that more on the pro-shardbound side understand both sides, than on the pro-transfer side (where most of the arguments seem to assume everyone has several platinum in the bank, and the ability to use shard shields at will)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah rather how I felt and that I didn't want to go backwards to being back to having no choice in where to go to actually do a champ spawn without dealing with .... well what I know is on my home shard.
People that PK in Fel? Yea know where Murderers live... what you actually want is the ability to farm low pop Shards and transfer over scrolls. I'd stock up now to scroll up the 800 pets you have scattered amongst the 40+ accounts. Or continue what your doing and transfer characters over to dead Shards scroll up and transfer back. The change only will cost u an extra token. While opening a market for the other 85% of players and give something to Feluccans to sell again for a decent buck.

Heck you already have an advantage. You have shard shields. Use some common sense, atl will be 100x the normal price for awhile. Stock up scrolls on a dead shard now. When the patch goes live. Train up your pets, scroll them up. Take them to atl. And make hundreds of millions of gold. I don't see what the constant hate is about other than it's not your playstyle.