• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where did the EM forums go?

B

Budweiser KDL

I am trying to communicate with Legends uncommunicative EMs.

They have Brillantly schedule a event during the middle of the

SUPER BOWL!!!

I'm getting fed up with lack of communication with our EMs. Until recently they used to talk to everyone. Now they only talk a CERTAIN guild on our shard. If you play Legends you'll know who I mean. If not PM me we'll talk.
Personally I'm sick of this damned guild run/ruining Legends shard. I Don't like that its beginning to look like this guild is bank rolling the EMs!
Maybe you should threaten to quit UO! That might get their attention.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jirel, did you know you can leave a message for either EM Helios or EM Tashik on the EM Board for Legends?

(and a small edit to add.... there's a whole bunch of people that do not stay glued to the tv all of Super Bowl Sunday)

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jirel, did you know you can leave a message for either EM Helios or EM Tashik on the EM Board for Legends?

(and a small edit to add.... there's a whole bunch of people that do not stay glued to the tv all of Super Bowl Sunday)

I was looking for it. I thought there had been one on Stratics.

Yes I know....But why penalize those of us who do? I PAY for 5 UO accounts don't I have the RIGHT to enjoy EM Events too?

S

Stewpid

Yes I know....But why penalize those of us who do? I PAY for 5 UO accounts don't I have the RIGHT to enjoy EM Events too?
You could always get the EM's ICQ, or just join the guild in question.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you're correct, there was a forum here on Stratics to communicate with EMs, but I think something about it was not functioning quite right... most likely they're working on it to get it back up

as for your other problem.... your choice, isn't it? you can choose to watch the game or you can choose to play the game..... maybe, if it's a matter of how much it costs, you can figure out the exact cost for the amount of cable time for the game and the amount of UO fee for the event, and base the decision on that

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't really see the problem, personally.
It's not that you don't have the right to attend the events.
Perhaps the fault lies more with the factors that keep you from attending the event than it does with the event timing.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay now I'm the F'in pancake because I want to be able to watch the Super Bowl And attend a UO event.

And I'm a pancake because some no-life screwheads do not join the rest of the known damn world and watch the Super Bowl.

WELL EXCCCUSSSE ME, but I have a family Super Bowl party.

UO Players and Uhall are the most screwed up bunch of PEOPLE!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Settle down in here...

B

Budweiser KDL

Maybe everything in UO should revolve around YOUR schedule? Your not buying a E55 Mercedes, so don't expect people to bow to your every wish. It's a game and you agreed to EA's terms of service. Get over your (I'm a victim status) and be thankful we still have UO to play. Don't get me wrong I enjoy your crazyness on the forums, but you need to chill out. If you don't like the service your getting for your money, take your money somewhere else.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*sighs* I am a Cowboy fan...

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay now I'm the F'in pancake because I want to be able to watch the Super Bowl And attend a UO event.

And I'm a pancake because some no-life screwheads do not join the rest of the known damn world and watch the Super Bowl.

WELL EXCCCUSSSE ME, but I have a family Super Bowl party.

UO Players and Uhall are the most screwed up bunch of PEOPLE!
I am quite literally stunned.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe everything in UO should revolve around YOUR schedule? Your not buying a E55 Mercedes, so don't expect people to bow to your every wish. It's a game and you agreed to EA's terms of service. Get over your (I'm a victim status) and be thankful we still have UO to play. Don't get me wrong I enjoy your crazyness on the forums, but you need to chill out. If you don't like the service your getting for your money, take your money somewhere else.
You can say this because its a Football game but let the EMs Schedule a event during a religous holiday like Christmas Day. People would be calling for their heads and screaming religous discrimination.

The Super Bowl is something watched by MILLIONS...why else would a 30 second slot for a commercial cost 2.5 MILLION DOLLARS????

Oh but nobody watch the Super Bowl so why would a compay spend that kind of money on advestising?

Apparently I'm not the one who needs to get their head out of their computer and get a life.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
All right... this has officially become a rant. *nods*

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless I'm mistaken, the Superbowl is a primarily US thing. At the least, I've never seen any hype relating to it in the UK.
Also, it may be enjoyed by millions, but millions wouldn't account for every UO player, American or otherwise.

Personally, if I were an EM, I probably would have liked to have at least logged in to spend some time with the players on Christmas.
It could be argued that, because an event is followed my a majority, that gives more of a reason for alternatives to be given to those that don't or can't. If everyone is watching the Superbowl, or spending time with familt or friends for Christmas, it must be lonely or empty for those that aren't a part of those things.

B

Budweiser KDL

You can say this because its a Football game but let the EMs Schedule a event during a religous holiday like Christmas Day. People would be calling for their heads and screaming religous discrimination.

The Super Bowl is something watched by MILLIONS...why else would a 30 second slot for a commercial cost 2.5 MILLION DOLLARS????

Oh but nobody watch the Super Bowl so why would a compay spend that kind of money on advestising?

Apparently I'm not the one who needs to get their head out of their computer and get a life.
My favorite day is Thanksgiving. I love to buy Fireworks and Whiskey on that day. ;) So if they had an event then ohwell. I'm not addicted to UO like you I guess. If I miss an event because something in RL is going on then I won't be here crying about it like a baby. Like I said if you don't like EA's schedule and are unhappy with the service you are receiving then take your money to another game.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cowboys...yuk. I used to like the Cowboys but will not cheer for them as Tony Romo is their QB. Sorry but I don't like him.

GO Saints!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
It's Tony's goofy ears isn't it?

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah....He's actually a handsome a man. I happen to like hispanic males.

He just couldn't lead ants to a picnic, let alone a football team.

Maybe I expect too much, but if he's gonna "run with the big dogs" he's gonna have to learn to lead. Take Payton Manning(I like him too) or Brett Farve(twitch) they are skills QBs and team leaders. When your the QB you are the team leader.

Maybe he'll get better, but right now the Cowboys are a screwed-up mess.

For the record I don't hate Tony Romo either.....Hate is reserved for Michael Vick the scuzzbag.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya know, maybe I'm just ignorant...but where did anyone find information on an event during the Super Bowl?
There are lanterns all over the place for battle chicken lizard fights on the 31st, but I cant find anything happenin on Super Bowl Sunday...

Help me! LOL

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG! I'M SO SORRY

:stretcher:

Last time I'll believe ANYTHING Troy Aikman says during his Foxsports commentary! (Even thought he is the Sexist man to EVER play football)

Would it help if I put my Jirel char in her own guild and then EVERYONE can declare war on that Guild. Then I'll stand nekkid at Luna bank and everyone can have a turn pking me! :flame:

I so deserve it.

OMG ..I am such a friggin IDIOT!:gee:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord