• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where did R2G go ???

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This morning, as usual, I didn't feel like sorting through the dozen runebooks in my disorganized pack, so popped down the street to R2G - and did a doubletake!! No longer there :(

Thank you for the service you provided the shard in the years past!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And the new owner was there when i recalled in.
Spoke to Fuu briefly, wasn't much conversation.. I asked was he gonna re-open it or not, after a lengthy pause, the reply was "It Waits"
??? not really an answer, and I kinda left quickly after that, if all he was gonna say started with It.

"It rubs the lotion on it's skin..." LOL
sheeesh
First thing that came to mind :p

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a visit later on showed the plot now owned by Bawls, who happened to be there when I went for a look.... I asked Bawls if he knew what had happened to all the books, and he said he was sorry but had no idea

if anyone knows where the runebooks are please let us know... thanks

T

Tovladian Soltyr

They're probably scattered about from different people. I knew Wish would probably let it fall :/.

M

MoneyMaker

Another bit of UO history, gone.
There is another person who has a Rune library just as complete as R2G was before wish got a hold of it.
Jumpgate Junction, just north of the brit gate (one screen).
I missed the old R2G, after runes left it was never really the same place, IMO.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The wheel turns.

(I was thinking ... it would be nice if IDOCs spent some time as "rubble" before completing falling; the more visitors a house had accumulated, the longer it would stay as rubble as a monument to what it had been)

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I'll offer a 20 mil gold bounty for the full set of books. I'll happliy go higher if need be. Tov, didn't the original Runey give you and Lady Pho copies of the rune library I sorta remember that, I used to mark Fel runes for him then later Wish. I remember two other copies of the library exsisting on our shard. If anyone one else would like to add to the bounty feel free to do so ...But I'm damned determined to get another library up and running.

N

NewThunder

I think that Jump gate has just about everything you could need.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I'd offered Wish RL money for the library and he said "I'll have to think about it." That was like a month ago. Two days ago I got a request to add him to my MySpace friends too bad he couldn't be bothered to give me anwser.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just spoke to the owner, he seemed pretty confident he would remake the library, its just gonna take time.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks Blesh :) good to hear

so many people got used to that house ~~ Money and Thunder, thanks for reminding everyone about Jumpgate.... great shopping and an excellent rune library!

A

Annienox

I am sure i can help with making one. we will donate a full set of tram tmap books. if we get any rune books from idoc's we can donate them too just need to know where and how to get them to the person.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know TMC has a library just outside the bank in Luna in Plucky's old house. I plan to eventually expand and put player written books upstairs.

M

MoneyMaker

I have some copies of the old R2G books. A entire set of the T-map books, etc. all available in the ground floor of my house for anyone who wishes to make copies.
There are some that are my own originals (colored books). Your welcome to copy them too, but I warn ya, alot of them are to places that will end in death really fast with no where to run. I couldn't find any safe spots to mark them.:blushing:

Your welcome, Dev. JGJ is a good alternative to the crowded luna, for those of us with slow connections.

DGgnome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm the new R2G owner, I bought the house from BAWLS for 160 mil thinking I could rebuild the library for those who wanted it. I do not plan on rebuilding the library anymore, doing so would be insulting to the already great library owned by damia. Instead I'm going to get a plaque to commemorate the spot. I will keep you updated on when the cerimony will be held, in the mean time you can find me around Luna as Avinistan of Nor if you want to chat.:D

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, I'm honored, although you don't have to do that. Luna has had both libraries for 2 years. Congrats on the house though.

I just paid 20 mil for 100 books that came from the R2G idoc. Sadly what I got for my 20 mil was a set of worthless mining books, some blank rune books, 20 copies of the fel dungeon book, and 19 copies of the tram dungeon book. So beware if someone is offering to sell you the books from R2G, you might be getting taken, make sure you look at them first. Oh well I'm always needed a city and dungeon book for new guildies and new players.

I am however still looking for the detailed dungeon books (creatures of ice, creatures of dispise ect...), the lost lands books, and the skill gain books. If anyone has that set I would love to buy it.

I

Ironhand1

My brother actually has a library that is much bigger than runes to go. He ran a library on LA and he moved from shard to shard collecing runes you can't get to anymore or very easily (he traded with Crazy Joes, Goodman, Black Rune Library, Runes to Go with the origional owner, etc) He has a copy of runes to go (except mining/resource books), rare runes from every shard, and runes books that runes to go never had. The library is actually on this shard and his house is around brit farms with a rune design on his rooftop on the UO radar map (i think it is private right now and books are not out).

He is thinking about setting his books out and either opening it up for everyone or selling it as he doesn't play that much anymore. He will back in town on or around the 19th and make a decision about it then.

DGgnome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been getting allot of requests for a new library so I'm just gonna re-open R2G, I'll do my best to get whatever books for it, but it's gonna take time

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i wonder if it would be worth it to get a set from another established library on a diff shard and bring them over. really if you dont mind working the mage, it would only cost you one transfer token and some time.

i'm pretty sure when you transfer runebooks, they work on the new shard. but it would be a good idea to somehow make sure thats the case before doing so.

just a thought.

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah if you transfer runebooks they work on the new shard.. as long as the location isnt blocked of course. When I transfered from Europia all my bank and dungeon runebooks worked on Legends.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i took my books over to LS and they worked minus spots that were blocked. So it would be all good to xfer them if need be!

L

Lord Urza

Logging on for the first time in a couple months and finding R2G gone did NOT make my day :eek:(

K

Kula

Wish paid good money for that, why the heck did he just let it fall? Did something happen to him?

T

Tovladian Soltyr

From what I know Wish is in a bit of trouble financially and the last time it started to decay it only got refreshed cause a friend of his was nice enough to refresh it. However, Wish and that friend of his had a falling out so I knew it would end up falling cause of it, cause Wish doesn't have the funds for UO at the time. Kinda funny and sad at the same time, his goal behind buying R2G was to turn around and sell it for twice as much as he bought if for down the road...looks like that plan failed, the sad part is R2G falling :/.

But that's not straight from the horses mouth, just what I heard about the situation. I'm friends with the person that refreshed it the first time it started to decay.