• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where are the town Criers?

• Thread starter five oclock
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
F

five oclock

Hanging around the roof of brit bank I look down and see the town crier is gone.

I

imported_cunolebin

I have personally checked Delucia, WBB, EBB, Luna and Glow and only the Glow one is still around. Albeit it is standing outside the fence by the bank, but its there. The rest are MIA.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they quit!
got tired of crying and took off, also noticed some ricardo posters finally been removed

I

imported_Cysphruo

they went on a union strike, something about being tired of having the same old news.

S

Sky-byte

My guess is they went to get a [long overdue] massage for their feet.

F

five oclock

That would explane the sudden wait for a pedicure at thy local inn....

M

My OneSelfer

Last patch the other day said they added live content. Perhaps a search and rescue event is coming soon. Winners will get a Town Crier named after them. Ofcourse I think they are useless since we have no events anymore and when we do people are spamming about it at the bank before anyone thinks to say news. Town Criers should boast the news, hence the name, not have to be asked. Its more like asking the street winos what they saw today between curb naps.

I miss the old UO. This game has been reduced to a glorified chat room with pixel eye candy.

I

imported_AustinRules

Those town criers much be harder to control than I thought. Why don't the event devs use the criers? Looks like they could have quickly typed a message..."Demons have invaded Magincia, volunteers are needed immediately"....or "Final battle for control of Magincia has begun, all warriors are needed now."

F

five oclock

I think they sent out the carrier pigeon to all the criers, but for one reason or another...those birds became lunch?

S

Sky-byte

*smiles sheepishly* ummmm, I think I ate one of them. I was really hungry...

F

five oclock

well I mostly like fish..but for some odd reason after talking to me older brother Ester the chef..he said he got some taste birds awhile ago...so...

Edit:

I notice just earlier today that one of those town criers is by the entrance to Brit castle in Tram...So finally I can get me feet done

I

imported_Bluebottle

<blockquote><hr>

they went on a union strike, something about being tired of having the same old news.

[/ QUOTE ]

They must be part of the Screenwriter's guild!