• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where are the "Most Memorable Moments for Origin"???

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They seemed to have been going in alphabetical order but then Origin was skipped. After Napa should have been Origin but it skipped to Pacific and now on to Seige.

BG

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you click to page 2 of the main UO site you will see that they haven't actually been going in alphabetical order.

-Galen's player

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most memorable moment on Origin was when weeks before they opened up the shard for transfers nearly 90% of the population vetoed the idea and complained to Dev's that they didnt want it. You see they had made it a "family" shard. Oh we had pk's and reds in fel. There was land disputes, and high prices. Things not yet available due to only new characters were allowed soooo many things were kinda slow............ But we liked it!! Noted was the few who had characters waiting but in the end they too looked and admitted it was for the best to keep the shard closed to imports. Sad thing is the Dev didnt listen. But in the long run Origin stayed that "home" shard feel. Just ask Blood Ghoul my nextdoor neighbor.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I remember when they finally allowed transfers..I HATED leaving Larisa on Napa! I didn't bring anything with her...just her belongings and a dragon barding deed made by the first person I met in the game. I remember taming and selling horses for 100g each to make enough money to get a luna house....so many memories!

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Origin - my very first character there was my lockpicker. He almost worked all free time on the dungeon and bank chests (Vesper bank for start, since the traps hurt with the Remove Traps skill still low and only thin armor). With his hard earned gold he could finally place a castle (one of the last spots available on Arctic Island Felucca). Later I took over the UOB Community castle and sold the Felucca castle. Again some time later I found the spot empty again, placed, sold. Now sadly enough the spot must be haunted - it's empty again!
And I agree, they should never have allowed incoming Character transfers to the shard.
*Salute*
Olahorand

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish I would have entered the contest, but I forgot till the last day and didn't have a muse to write the story :(

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If you click to page 2 of the main UO site you will see that they haven't actually been going in alphabetical order.

-Galen's player

My bad and you are 100% correct. For some reason I thought once they started with Atlantic it went in order but I do see how they skipped around a bit.

BG