• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where are the Malas Castles?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think the 36 winners were probably only the ones they successfully notified.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL
No Kynd, dont need a list for each shard :p
And don't get all revved up, I'm certainly not pickin on you. :)
But still think the math don 't add up, 7 per shard, 36 winners...*throws calculator away*
was to have been five per shard, but, as noted by the silly numbers, not all castles were claimed

the winners were told, when claiming, what shard their castle would be on, but if they asked they could claim them on their home shard, which is why Legends has but one and Atlantic has (had) seven

does anyone know if there are shards with no Malas castles?

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's 3 (or atleast were since I havent looked in a while) Malas castles on Lake Austin

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was 36 winners..

They could pick there shard!! i believe...

The clever ones chose the fuller shards like Atlantic , GL and Europa...

I think there was 4 on europa max!!

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok to clear things up, some people like myself were offered a castle on a shard that I didn't play. So Binky had some of our castles placed on our home shards.
That could be why some shards have more than others.
I have my original e-mail saved.
And the list that was enter with winners was correct because my name appears there.

S

Sheridan

Jeremy mentioned something about releasing these for ownership in the last Townhall in San Diego. I don't recall any of the specifics however - anyone else that was there remember any details?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the possibility of placing in Malas locations that were previously locked was mentioned, opening up more land for housing

I don't recall any specifics about allowing placement of keeps or castles, tho, just opening up more land for development

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only ever saw 1 on LA, where are the other 9? If the winners never claimed them, why didn't you pick others? sh**ty
They may have collapsed or any number of things by now.

There was 1 I knew of on LS maybe more but I saw one with my own eyes that I can account for.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i supppose you think for some god unknown reason you feel you deserve one ? for what reason? just because there are spot's open ?
How.. hold on a second, let me look up the word that you used in your rant to me a while back ago..aha yes... How elitist of you!

*chuckles at the pathetic irony*

Don't worry, unlike you, I am not bitter enough to wish that they hand out Malas castles like candies just to screw with the owners of present ones.

Good day.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, I am gonna :bdh: one last time, then I am done.

The point several of us are trying to make, is that EA didn't, did not, complete the giveaway.

5 castles per shard...sounds good.
37? winners...not so good.

They may have sent out the proper number of emails, but they did not give away the proper number of castles. If you win the lottery, and don't claim it, the monies roll over and are given to the next drawing winner.

Same shoulda applied here, is all.

Now, I'm done on the subject. :D:next:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yet another thread, in the long list of threads, where an EA rep (regardless of department), decided to decline a comment...no surprise here, my apologies for starting this thread..

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if i was in charge.... there would be a win a castle per month..for all subscribers... lets be fair 12 castles for a year would be jack ****e on our wasted lands ....and i think u can make some good revenue for EA by making it say 1 ''extra'' entry per month for each time u use one of the rl cash services..ie .. buy name change token etc.... etc....Jeepers if i was in charge UO would be thriving again.. alas im not...dang!!

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no there should not. it was a drawing, one time deal, not something ongoing.

if someone drop's them, or closes there account what makes you think someone else deserves this ?
Because that someone elses NAME would have been drawn from the same hat as the others. This was a blind drawing, and most of us were a little leary of the way it was done and reported in the first place.
"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. No, Fair."

Life isn't fair. They did what they wanted to do, which was something they never even had to do in the first place and your complaining about not getting more of a hand-out.

Pfft.

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here you go ..
the list and lookie it happened 3 years ago , get over it.

Q: When will winners be notified?
A: Winners will be notified on March 23rd 2005. A complete list of castle winners is as follows:
Tracy M.
William S.
Elisabeth S.
John S.
David H.
Eileen P.
Nicholas B.
Christopher B.
Kazou Y.
Jong Hoon K.
Tomonobu S.
Jeff G.
Micheal J.
Scott T.
Blaine F.
Mai I.
Toshiyuki O.
Josh M.
Blake W.
Troy L.
Scachiko O.
Kato R.
Greg E.
Diana H.
Jeremiah B.
Satoru K.
Michael J.
Nicholas H.
Derek W.
Masahisa Y.
Brian Y.
Uchiyana A.
Nick H.
Fumio K
Chris F.
Jun H.

linkie at UO.com
http://www.uo.com/castlelotteryfaq.html
Funny part is my name is on that list and i never got a email from them.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The current castle design is a waste of space. I bet with the creativity I have seen on various shards I have visited, this huge piece of realestate could customised into some really georgeus castles/houses. One could make a walled city on such a space.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny part is my name is on that list and i never got a email from them.
What's your name there are prolly tons of Chris F.'s etc out there ... heh... does not mean your the "Chris F" they are talking about.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point being ... those names are so vague that it could be just about anyone. Michael J.

Nicholas H.
Derek W.
Masahisa Y.
Brian Y.

I can open a phone book and find just about any of these in there. That's all. I was not saying your name was Chris... just pointing out the fact that because your first name matches one on the list with a one letter last name... does not mean it's you... thus you might not have gotten an email because your names on there.

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point being ... those names are so vague that it could be just about anyone. Michael J.

Nicholas H.
Derek W.
Masahisa Y.
Brian Y.

I can open a phone book and find just about any of these in there. That's all. I was not saying your name was Chris... just pointing out the fact that because your first name matches one on the list with a one letter last name... does not mean it's you... thus you might not have gotten an email because your names on there.
Oh no... i understood...

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I totally hope that if your on the list you get one, it's only fair, and would be awsome. I would also say that if my name on was on the list I would be upset that I did not get an email too heh... best of luck.

When are they going to do this again but with keeps?!?!? heh.

L

Lord Kynd

the possibility of placing in Malas locations that were previously locked was mentioned, opening up more land for housing

I don't recall any specifics about allowing placement of keeps or castles, tho, just opening up more land for development

thats teh same rumor i have heard also, malas has alot of undeveloped land, but do we really need it ?
unless everyone needs to have a 18x18/keep/castle ?

L

Lord Kynd

How.. hold on a second, let me look up the word that you used in your rant to me a while back ago..aha yes... How elitist of you!

*chuckles at the pathetic irony*

Don't worry, unlike you, I am not bitter enough to wish that they hand out Malas castles like candies just to screw with the owners of present ones.

Good day.

well personally i could give a rat's arse about if there are or are not 7 on each shard, that doesn't effect mine does it ?
the point is , people who where not picked, or did not recieve one froma player that had gotten picked(bought/traded/given) should not just be handed one to them by EA/Mythic just because there isn't one in that spot.

L

Lord Kynd

i would guess we never got the remaining list of winners because by that time the hoopha was over about it.

and all of a sudden people are drawn back into 2005 totaly forgetting it is 2008 lol

Aroma

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am p/o'd now my name is at the top of that winners list yet i never recieved my email notifaction. Now i see that the third party used a blacklisted email service to send them. That just totaly blows huge chunks...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL

Garth ya done stirred up a mess that won't go away...Might have to have some "official" word in here to straighten this mess up!
*In daughters voice* AS IF!!

LOL

E

Edina Monsoon

There are only 2 on Napa that I san see. I want a free castle!

"I don't want more things, sweetie, I want better things"

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pacific only ever got 3 if I recall correctly from my Castles runebooks and 2 of those I know have changed hands. Also a couple years ago EA took one of the ownerless "Owned by OSI" Trammel castles and attempted to auction it off for gold. The castles was placed on the account of an EA employee, the winning bid was some insane price, and it was never claimed by the winning bidder. It is still sitting empty on the EA employees account. All the other ownerless houses are still there too last I checked a week or so ago...